Name- Aamir Khan
Date of Birth- 14 March 1965
Age- 53 years (as in 2018)
Father- Tahir Hussain
Mother- Zeenat Hussain
Sister- Farhat and Nikhat Khan
Brother- Faisal Khan
Wife- Kiran Rao
Son- Junaid Khan and Azad Rao Khan
Daughter- Ira Khan
Marriage/ Marital Status- Married
Height- 5’6 inches
Weight- 70 kg
Net worth- $300m
Aamir Khan(Mohammed Aamir Hussain Khan) is a Bollywood actor, producer, tv host, and director by profession. He is known as Bollywood’s Mr.Perfectionist. Born on 14 March 1965 in Mumbai, he is a son of Tahir Hussain and Zeenat Hussain. He did his schooling from J.B. Pettit School(Mumbai), St. Anne’s high school(Bandra, Mumbai), and Bombay Scottish School(Mahim, Mumbai).
Facts About Aamir Khan
- Listening music, Doing social work and watching Cricket is Aamir’s favorite hobby.
- Salman Khan and Sachin Tendulkar are his best friends.
- Govinda, Leonardo Dicaprio, and Daniel Day-Lewis are his favorite actors.
- Wahida Rehman and Geeta Bali are his Favorite Actress.
- Aamir’s favorite sports are Tennis and Cricket.
- His Favorite color is Black.
- Mughlai and Baked chicken is his favorite food.But now he is a complete vegetarian.
- He has car collections of BMW Series, Land Rover, Range Rover, Bentley Continental, Mercedes Benz, and more.
- Aamir was about to expel from school for not paying school fees. His father’s production movie got flopped at the box office and they suffered financial crises.
- He never goes to award function because in 1990 he was nominated for best actor but sunny got the award. According to him, awards functions are paid.
- He discarded wax statue imitation at Madame Tussauds, he said it doesn’t matter to him. People can keep him in his mind by watching his films.
- Aamir says he doesn’t like bathing every day and he hardly baths on holiday.
- He charges approx 60 crores per movie.
Aamir Khan Family
Son of Tahir Hussain and Zeenat Hussain, Aamir is eldest of all four siblings. His younger brother is Faisal Khan who is also an actor. Farhat and Nikhat Khan are his younger sisters. Imran Khan is his nephew. He has 3 children with two wives. Aamir did two marriage. He first got married on 18 April 1986 with Reema Dutta. He has two kids with his first wife Junaid Khan and Ira Khan. But in December 2002, Aamir filed for divorce, Reema took the custody of both the children. On 28 December 2005, Aamir married to Kiran Rao. He met Kiran during the film Lagaan, she was an assistant director to Ashutosh Gowariker. And on 5 December 2011, Azad Rao Khan was born through a surrogate mother.
Aamir Khan House
Star Aamir with his wife Kiran Rao and son Azad Rao lives in a spacious 5000 sq ft house at Freeda apartments which is off Carter road in Bandra west. Aamir also has a 100-year-old bungalow in Panchgani which he bought from Homi Adjania(writer-director).
Aamir Khan First Movie
Aamir made his Bollywood debut as a child actor in1973 Yaadon Ki Baarat. He got his first break in 1984 with the movie Holi. But the film failed at the box office. He got another chance when Nasir Hussain and his son Mansoor signed him as leading actor in Mansoor’s directorial debut Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak alongside Juhi Chawala. The movie turned out to be a great commercial hit at the box office.
Aamir Khan Movies
Aamir Khan has done numerous movies. He has given many hit and flop movies. Here is a list of khan’s hit and flop movies.
|1988||Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak||4.6||Hit|
|1989||Love Love Love||2.75||Below Average|
|1990||Deewana Mujhsa Nahin||1.2||Flop|
|1990||Tum Mere Ho||3.8||Average|
|1991||Afsana Pyaar ka||2.1||Average|
|1991||Dil Hain Ki Maanta Nahin||3.5||Average|
|1992||Isi Ka Naam Zindagi||1.8||Flop|
|1992||Daulat Ki Jung||2.25||Flop|
|1992||Jo Jeeta Wahi Sikandar||4||Above Average|
|1993||Hum Hain Rahi Pyaar Ke||4.25||Above Average|
|1994||Andaaz Apna Apna||4.6||Flop|
|1995||Aatank Hi Aatank||2.15||Disaster|
|1995||Akele Hum Akele Tum||4.75||Flop|
|2001||Dil Chahta Hai||15.75||Above Average|
|2005||Mangal Pandey||28.25||Below Average|
|2006||Rang De Basanti||50||Hit|
|2007||Taare Zameen Par||62.5||Super-Hit|
|2018||Thugs of Hindostan||-||-|
Aamir Khan Twitter
Aamir Khan Television Career
Aamir Khan made his television debut on 6 may 2012 with the talk show Satyamev Jayate. The show dealt with social issues. The show has gained positive response from all over though the ratings were not as expected. Ratings of the show eventually picked up and it became very successful. Aamir Khan was paid Rs.30 million per episode for hosting the show.
Aamir Khan Controversies
- Intolerance Controversy- In 2015 December, Aamir made a statement saying “ I think in the last maybe six to eight months, there is a growing sense of despondency. When I chat with Kiran at home, she says, “Should we move out of India?She fears for her child.Kiran fears what the atmosphere around us will be” in response to some political event related to intolerance. Aamir faced lots of backlashes from the people. He, later on, apologized to the people of the country and said he was born in India and will die in India.
- Aamir Khan once called Shahrukh Khan a dog saying he has named his dog after him. He, later on, said that Shahrukh is the dog of the concierge of his house. He then apologized to Shahrukh and his family by visiting his home.