Name- Johnny Lever
Real Name- John Rao Prakash Rao Janumala
Date of Birth- 14 August 1957
Age- 60 years(as in 2017)
Religion/Nationality- Christianity / Indian
Mother- Karunamma Janumala
Father- Prakash Rao Janumala
Sister- 3(all younger)
Brother- Jimmy Moses and 1 more (both younger)
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Wife- Sujatha Johnrao Janumala
Son- Jesse Johnrao Janumala
Daughter- Jamie Janumala aka Jamie Lever
Height- 5’5 approx.
Weight- 67kg approx.
Net Worth- Not Known
Johnny Lever is an Indian actor. He is one of the most noted comedians of Hindi cinema. Johnny is one of the first stand-up comedians of India. Born on 14 August 1957, he did his schooling from Andhra Education Society English High School. Considering him as one of the top comedians of Bollywood cinema. Johnny Lever has received 13 Filmfare awards and nominations for his comedy performance. The stand-up comedian had face lot of struggles before proving his dreams.
Facts About Johnny Lever
- Doing Charity, Mimicry, Listening to music and Watching movies are his Hobbies.
- Sambhar and rice is his Favorite Food.
- Whenever at home, the actor loves listening Ghazals.
- The comedian studied in Andhra Education Society High School till seventh grade but couldn’t continue his further studies due to his financial problems.
- He decided to leave the study and started working, like selling pens on the street of Mumbai by imitating Bollywood stars.
- The comedian-actor Johnny Lever has also spent his early days in Yakutpura (a city of Hyderabad), where he learned different unique styles and skills of comedy acting.
- Once, the actor mimicked few senior officers of Hindustan Lever Ltd company, and from that day onwards, he was named Johnny Lever.
- He started to perform stand-up comedy in musical shows. The actor joined a legendary music direction group of Kalyanji-Anandji duo after earning fame.
- At one of his shows, legendary actor Sunil Dutt noticed his talent and offered him his first movie Dil Ka Rishta.
- The actor likes to play with the word puzzle-Crossword in the morning. He rigorously follows this practice.
- He doesn’t like workout nor practices any kind of yoga asanas. But, he stops having rice two days before his stage shows.
- The actor is very punctual. If he has to reach somewhere at 11 am, he starts preparing for it three hours before. He usually reaches the set one hour before the call time.
Johnny Lever Family
He was born in Telugu Christian family. His father name is Prakash Rao Janumala. He was an operator in Hindustan Lever Ltd. His mother name is Karunamma Janumala. His birthplace in Prakasam, Andhra Pradesh but brought up in Mumbai’s King’s circle area. He is eldest in the family consisting of three sisters and 2 brothers.
Johnny Lever is married to Sujatha Lever. The couple is blessed with two children. His daughter name is Jamie Lever, she is a stand-up comedian and has acted in Kapil Sharma’s movie. His son name is Jesse Lever.
Johnny is a brave personality. His son Jesse at the age of 10 was detected with a tumor. Despite all the struggles in life, the actor kept smiling and made others life. However, this one incident took away comedy from his life. He left comedy and did only one movie and show a year.
Johnny Lever House
The actor lives with his family at 151/152 Oxford Tower, Yamuna Nagar Lokhandwala, Andheri West, Mumbai.
Johnny Lever First Movie
The comedian-actor made his Bollywood Debut with movie Dard Ka Rishta in 1984. The break was given to him by Sunil Dutt, who saw him enacting at a charity show. He made his small screen debut with the television series called Zabaan Sambhalke in the year 1993.
In the decade of 80’s, he worked in films like Jalwa, Kasam, Tezaab, Khatarnaak, etc. but his biggest success came after his movie Baazigar, where he portrayed the role of a servant. After this, he was offered roles after roles in movies as a supporting comedian and actor.
Johnny Lever Movies
The actor has worked in more than 350 movies till date. Here is a list of movies that the actor has worked in:
|Yeh Rishta Na Tootay||1981|
|Tum Par Hum Quarban||1985|
|Ghar Mein Ram Gali Mein Shyam||1988|
|Main Azaad Hoon||1989|
|Ajooba Kudrat Ka||1991|
|Jungle Ka Beta||1992|
|Geet Milan Ke Gaate Rehenge||1992|
|Insaniyat Ke Devta||1993|
|Teri Payal Meree Geet||1993|
|Yugandhar (1993 film)||1993|
|Aasoo Bane Angaarey||1993|
|Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja||1993|
|Aulad Ke Dushman||1993|
|Zamane Se Kya Darna||1994|
|Saajan Ka Ghar||1994|
|Ekka Raja Rani||1994|
|Main Khiladi Tu Anari||1994|
|Inteqam Ke Sholey||1995|
|Dushman Duniya Ka||1996|
|Do Ankhen Barah Hath||1997|
|Mr. and Mrs. Khiladi||1997|
|Barsaat Ki Raat||1998|
|Yeh Aashiqui Meri||1998|
|Ustadon Ke Ustad||1998|
|Aakrosh: Cyclone Of Anger||1998|
|Keemat: They Are Back||1998|
|Aunty No. 1||1998|
|Jab Pyaar Kisise Hota Hai||1998|
|Iski Topi Uske Sar||1998|
|Kuch Kuch Hota Hai||1998|
|Soldier (1998 Indian film)||1998|
|Ganga Ki Kasam (1999 film)||1999|
|Dulhan Banoo Main Teri||1999|
|Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain||1999|
|Anari No. 1||1999|
|Silsila Hai Pyar Ka||1999|
|Hum Tum Pe Marte Hain||1999|
|Jwalamukhi (2000 film)||2000|
|Hadh Kar Di Aapne||2000|
|Tera Jadoo Chal Gayaa||2000|
|Meri Jung Ka Elaan||2000|
|Kaali Topi Laal Rumaal||2000|
|Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai||2000|
|Dulhan Hum Le Jayenge||2000|
|Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani||2000|
|Dil Hi Dil Mein||2000|
|Hum To Mohabbat Karega||2000|
|Joru Ka Ghulam||2000|
|Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai||2000|
|Chori Chori Chupke Chupke||2001|
|Love Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega||2001|
|Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham||2001|
|Aamdani Atthani Kharcha Rupaiyaa||2001|
|Ankhiyon Se Goli Maare||2002|
|Yeh Dil Aashiqanaa||2002|
|Yeh Mohabbat Hai||2002|
|Tumko Na Bhool Paayenge||2002|
|Angaar - The Fire||2002|
|Pyaar Diwana Hota Hai||2002|
|Awara Paagal Deewana||2002|
|Yeh Kaisi Mohabbat||2002|
|Kehta Hai Dil Baar Baar||2002|
|Karz - The Burden of Truth||2002|
|Chalo Ishq Ladaaye||2002|
|Kucch To Hai||2003|
|Kaash Aap Hamare Hote||2003|
|Kaise Kahoon Ke Pyaar Hai||2003|
|Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon||2003|
|Koi Mil Gaya||2003|
|God Only Knows!||2004|
|Hatya: The Murder||2004|
|Aabra Ka Daabra||2004|
|Meri Biwi Ka Jawab Nahin||2005|
|Padmashree Laloo Prasad Yadav||2005|
|Navra Maza Navsacha||2005|
|Khullam Khulla Pyaar Karen||2005|
|Deewane Huye Paagal||2005|
|Aisa Kyon Hota Hai?||2006|
|Saawan... The Love Season||2006|
|36 China Town||2006|
|Phir Hera Pheri||2006|
|Fool n Final||2007|
|Thela No. 501||2008|
|Khallbali: Fun Unlimited||2008|
|Nidar - The Fearless||2008|
|Aap Jaisa Koi Nahin||2008|
|Dhoondte Reh Jaaoge||2009|
|All the Best: Fun Begins||2009|
|Aao Wish Karein||2009|
|De Dana Dan||2009|
|Dulha Mil Gaya||2010|
|Bhavnaon Ko Samjho||2010|
|Prem Kaa Game||2010|
|Love Mein Ghum||2011|
|Yamla Pagla Deewana||2011|
|Bin Bulaye Baraati||2011|
|Tell Me O Khuda||2011|
|Chaar Din Ki Chandni||2012|
|Deewana Main Deewana||2012|
|Yamla Pagla Deewana 2||2013|
|Singh Saab the Great||2013|
|My Father Godfather||2014|
|Pappa Tamne Nahi Samjaay||2017|
|Yamla Pagla Deewana: Phir Se||2018|
Johnny Lever Twitter
Johnny Lever Controversy
- On 8 December 1998, the comedian-actor was sentenced with imprisonment of 7 days for disrespecting the Indian Constitution and Indian National Anthem at the occasion of birthday party of Dawood Ibrahim’s brother Anis Ibrahim’s son.
Also Read- Comedian Brahmanandam