Name- Mahesh Babu
Real Name- Mahesh Ghattamaneni
Date of Birth- 9 August 1975
Age- 42 years( as in 2017)
Mother- Indira Devi
Father- Krishna Ghattamaneni
Brother- Ramesh Babu and Naresh
Sister- Manjula Ghattamaneni, Priyadarshani Ghattamaneni, and Padmavathi Ghattamaneni
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Wife- Namrata Shirodkar
Son- Gautham Ghattamaneni
Daughter- Sitara Ghattamaneni
Height- 6’2 approx.
Weight- 70 kg approx.
Net worth- $20m approx.
Mahesh Ghattamaneni ( Mahesh Babu) is an Indian actor and producer who is known for his works in Tamil cinema. He is the highest paid actor in this Industry after superstar Rajnikant. Born on 9 August 1975 in Chennai, Tamilnadu India. He did his schooling from St. Bede’s Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School and college from Loyola College, Chennai. He is one of the most powerful and influential actors of Tamil cinema.
More About Mahesh Babu
- Mahesh babu’s hobbies are playing video games, reading and jogging.
- He is a bachelor of commerce graduate.
- Coffee and Biryani are his favorite food.
- Mani Ratnam is his favorite director.
- His father Krishna Ghattamameni is his favorite actor.
- Sridevi, Deepika Padukone, and Trisha are his favorite actresses.
- Cricket is his favorite sport.
- In media, he is cited as one of the attractive male celebrities in India.
- Prince, Navataram Superstar is his popular nickname. He is often called as ‘Prince of Tollywood’.
- He owns a production house known as G.Mahesh Babu Entertainment Pvt Ltd.
- Mahesh Babu was on the list of the Most Desirable Man by Times of India beating Bollywood superstars like Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan or Aamir Khan.
- Tamil actress Karthi is his childhood friend. She was his classmate.
- He only used to see his father’s movies.
- He couldn’t read and write Telugu in the starting of his career, he used to memorize the dialogues given to him by the director during dubbing phase.
- Mahesh Babu charges approx. 20 crores per film.
Mahesh Babu Family
Mahesh Babu is a younger son of Krishna Ghattamaneni and Indira Devi. He is forth son out of five children of actor Krishna. He has two elder sisters Padmavathi, Manjula, one elder younger sister Priyadarshini. Ramesh Babu is his elder brother. Since his father Krishna was busy with his movies, his brother Ramesh used to look after his academic performance.
Mahesh Babu Wife/Girlfriend
Mahesh is married to actress and Miss India Peagent Namrata Shirodkar since 10th Feb 2005. The two started dating during the shoot of Tamil film Vamsi. Namrata is 4 years older than Mahesh Babu. The family was not very happy with the couple but it was Manjula, Mahesh’s elder sister who convinced the family of their marriage. Mahesh didn’t want the working wife and Namrata was aware of this. So before marrying him, Namrata completed her all projects and finally got settled with the superstar in 2005.
On 31 August 2006, the couple welcomed their first child and named him Gautham Krishna. During the third year of their marriage, things were not going smoothly between the couple. Even it is said that Namrata left to Mumbai with his son. In spite of this, Mahesh used to make frequent visits to Mumbai to meet his wife and son. Since all these patches, the couple maintained their strong bond. They welcomed their second child in 2012, a baby girl and named her Sitara.
Mahesh Babu House
He lives in Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, India with his family.
Mahesh Babu First Film
Mahesh Babu is the most popular actor of Telugu cinema. He made his acting debut at the age of 4 with the movie Needa(1979). The actor made his debut in movie RajaKumarudu, co-starring Preity Zinta.
Mahesh Babu Movies
He has worked in many movies and given many hits to the cinema. Here is a list of Mahesh Babu’s movies.
|Koduku Diddina Kapuram|
|2013||Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu|
|2018||Bharat Ane Nenu|
Mahesh Babu Twitter
Mahesh Babu Facebook
Mahesh Babu is actively involved in social works. He gives 30% of his annual income to charity. On August 2013, he joined Farhan Akhtar’s campaign MARD (Men against Rape Discrimination) and lent his voice to Telugu version of the poem written by Javed Akhtar. He became goodwill brand ambassador of Heal-a-Child foundation in 2013. The foundation focuses on providing financial support to parents of ill children to help in their medical treatment.
In October 2014 during cyclone hudhud, he donated Rs.2.5 millions to Andhra Pradesh chief minister for reconstruction of the destroyed area. Mahesh has adopted Krishna’s native village Burripalem, a minor panchayat in Tenali and looks after the basic needs like potable drinking, drainage systems, and better roads. He also announced to adopt another village in Mahbubnagar district.
Mahesh Babu Controversy
- The income tax has raided his residence in Hyderabad after the rumor that he has received remuneration of around 1.3million for his superhit movie Dookudu.
- Samantha-Mahesh Controversy- Samantha regressively commented on Twitter about Mahesh Babu movie poster Nennokkadine. The poster showed Kriti Sanon crawling behind Mahesh babu alongside a beach. The actor showed displeasure for tweeting against the poster on a social platform. He said,”Samantha should have called me instead of posting her views online”.
- The State Human Rights Commission filed a complaint against the actor when he endorsed Royal Stag’s whiskey commercial.