Name-Kajol Mukherjee Devgan
Date of Birth-5 August 1974
Age- 43 years (as in 2017)
Father- Shomu Mukherjee
Mother- Tanuja Mukherjee
Sister- Tanisha Mukherjee
Marriage/ Marital Status- Married
Husband- Ajay Devgn
Son- Yug Devgan
Daughter- Nysa Devgan
Height- 5’3 approx.
Weight- 59kg approx.
Net worth- $16million approx.
Kajol Mukherjee Devgan is an Indian actress who mostly works in Hindi movies. Born on 5 August 1974 in Mumbai, she is a daughter of Veteran actress Tanuja Mukherjee and filmmaker Shomu Mukherjee. She is half Bengali and half Maharashtrian. She did her schooling from St. Joseph’s Convent School (Panchgani, Maharashtra). She dropped out of school to pursue the full-time film career in movies.
Facts about Kajol
- Kajol’s favorite actor is Ajay Devgn and Shahrukh Khan.
- Her favorite actress is Sridevi.
- Her favorite director is Aditya Chopra.
- Manish Malhotra is one of his closest friends.
- Kajol’s favorite food is French Fries, Pizza and Spaghetti Salad with olives.
- Her favorite color is White.
- Kajol cannot cook at all.
- Her hobbies are Reading and Knitting.
- She holds the record for winning most awards(six) Filmfare Best Actress awards along with her aunt Nutan(five).
- She charges approx. 9-12 crore per film.
The Bollywood actress Kajol belongs to a filmy family background. Her mother is Tanuja Mukherjee who was an Indian actress. Her father is Shomu Mukherjee who was a filmmaker. She has a younger sister Tanisha Mukherjee, who is also a Bollywood actress. The actress is married to Bollywood star Ajay Devgn since 1999. They are proud parents of two children Nysa and Yug. She met Ajay during the shooting of film Gundaraaj. She initially didn’t like him but within 15 days of shooting, both fell in love with each other.
Kajol is a cousin of Bollywood star Rani Mukherjee, Raj Mukherjee, Sharbani Mukherjee and Mohnish Behl. Her another cousin Ayan Mukherjee is a director. Deb Mukherjee and Joy Mukherjee are her paternal uncle. Nutan was her aunt, she was also an actress.
She lives in 5/6 Sheetal Apartments, Ground Floor, Opposite Chandan Cinema, Juhu, Mumbai with her family.
Kajol First Movie
She made her Bollywood debut with the movie Bekhudi in 1992. She had her first commercial success with the film Baazigar in 1993. According to her, her negative role in Gupt(1997) was the toughest role till date. She became the first Indian actress to win Filmfare award for her negative role. In 2008, along with her husband Ajay Devgn she made her television debut as a judge with the show ‘Rock n Roll family.
Here is a list of movies that the actress did in her career:
|Udhar Ki Zindagi||1994|
|Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge||1995|
|Bambai Ka Babu||1996|
|Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha||1998|
|Kuch Kuch Hota Hai||1998|
|Dil Kya Kare||1999|
|Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain||1999|
|Hote Hote Pyar Ho Gaya||1999|
|Kuch Khatti Kuch Meethi||2001|
|Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham...||2001|
|Kal Ho Naa Ho||2003|
|Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna||2006|
|Om Shanti Om||2007|
|U Me Aur Hum||2008|
|Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi||2008|
|My Name Is Khan||2010|
|We Are Family||2010|
|Toonpur Ka Super Hero||2010|
|Student of the Year||2012|
|Velaiilla Pattadhari 2||2017|
- Miffed with Tanisha Mukherjee- Kajol and her husband Ajay were not happy with Tanisha Mukherjee because of the way she was portraying herself on the national television. They told Salman Khan to evict her from the Show as soon as possible.
- No Invitation For Rani’s Marriage- Rani Mukherjee and Kajol are cousins. But when Rani decided to get married to longtime beau Aditya Chopra. She didn’t invite Kajol for her wedding. Kajol was very upset and there was news of cold war between the two actresses. However, now things are fine between the two.
- Photoshoot- Kajol once got into controversy due to her photoshoot. Apparently, she and veteran actress Rekha did a photoshoot together. The photoshoot was very sensual. She and Rekha slipped into the same sweater for the photo which is not acceptable as per the Indian society.
- Fallout With Karan Johar- Her one of the best buddy in Bollywood is Karan Johar. In the year 2016, her friendship with Karan Johar ended and the reason behind it was Diwali clash of her husband’s Shivaay and Karan Johar’s Ae Dil Hai Mushqil. Kajol went on Twitter to support her husband. After the end of their friendship, Karan said in his biography,”I don’t have a relationship with Kajol anymore. We’ve had a fallout. Something happened that disturbed me deeply which I will not talk about because it’s something that I like to protect and feel it would not be fair to her or to me. After two and half decades, Kajol and I don’t talk at all. We just acknowledge each other, say ‘hello’ and walk past.”