Name- Katrina Kaif
Date of Birth- 16 July 1983
Age- 34 years (as in 2017)
Religion/Nationality- British and Indian
Mother- Suzanne Turquotte
Father- Mohammed Kaif
Siblings- Isabel Kaif, Michael Kaif, Christine Kaif, Sonia Kaif, Stephanie Kaif, Natasha Kaif and Melissa Kaif
Marital Status/Marriage- Single
Hobbies- Painting, Reading, Chess, and traveling
Height- 5’9 approx.
Weight- 56 approx.
Net Worth- $6 million approx.
Katrina Kaif is a British actress and model. She has gain immense popularity with her work in Bollywood. She has also appeared in Tamil and Telugu movies. Katrina with her family lived in several countries because her family relocated to different countries. Born on 16 July 1983 in Hong Kong, Katrina and her siblings were home tutored by series of tutors due to their frequent traveling. She gets mixed reviews from critics for her acting. But despite this, she is one of the most popular, established and highest paid actresses.
More About Katrina Kaif
- Johnny Depp, Robert Pattinson, Leonardo DiCaprio and Hrithik Roshan are her favorite actors.
- Kajol, Madhuri Dixit, and Penelope Cruz are her favorite actress.
- Cricket and Chess are her favorite sports.
- Rahul Dravid is her favorite sportsperson.
- Pink and White are her favorite colors.
- Coldplay, Muse, and Radiohead are her favorite musicians.
- Grilled vegetables, lamb chops, cinnamon rolls, Kheer, Cheesecake, and steamed fish are her favorite food.
- Her favorite destinations are Spain, Dubai, London, Italy, and Havana.
- She is half Indian and half British because her father is from Kashmir and mother from British.
- She never went to school.
- Katrina works on Employment visa in India and is still a British citizen.
- The most googled celebrity in 2008, 2009, and 2010.
- Katrina was born in Hong Kong with her mother’s surname Katrina Turquotte but she changed her surname to Kaif to connect with the Indian audience. Ayesha Shroff (producer of her first movie Boom) said the surname was made up by her. According to her, they first have considered Kazi as a surname but later settled with Kaif.
- She was born in Hong Kong but traveled to different countries like China, Japan, France, Switzerland, Poland etc. Her growing up was in transitions because of which she didn’t go to school. She lived in England for 3 years before moving to India.
- To raise funds to build a school in Madurai, she teamed up with A.R Rehman and released a music album Rhymeskool in 2010.
- Before her every film’s release, she visits Siddhivinayak Temple, Mount Mary Church in Mumbai or Dargah Sharif in Ajmer.
- She is first Bollywood actress to have Barbie Doll crafted.
- She won beauty contest at the age of 15, after which she got modeling assignments.
Katrina Kaif Family
Katrina was born to Indian- British businessmen Mohammad Kaif and Suzzane Turquotte. Her mother is an English Lawyer and a social worker. She has seven siblings. One elder brother ( Michael), Three elder sisters (Stephanie, Christine, and Natasha), and Three younger sisters (Melissa, Sonia, and Isabel). Her parents divorced when she was a child. Her father moved to the United States. The actress says her father has no influence on her and her siblings. They were raised by their mother only.
Katrina Kaif Boyfriends
Katrina Kaif House
B-09 & G-10 Ground Floor, Mourya House, Next to VIP Plaza, New Link Road, Andheri West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400053, India
Katrina Kaif First Movie
Katrina made her debut in acting with the movie Boom in 2003. The movie was critics and commercial failure. She was supposed to make her debut with film Saaya starring John Abraham. But it couldn’t happen because she dropped the movie because she couldn’t speak English that time. And she then made her debut with the movie Boom. After the Boom, she worked in Telugu movie Malliswari but the main break she got in the industry was with the film Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya starring Salman Khan.
Katrina Kaif Movies
She gets mixed reviews from the critics for her acting. In spite of this, she has maintained a well-established position in Bollywood. Here is a list of her movies;
|2005||Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya?||Hit|
|2006||Hum Ko Deewana Kar Gaye||Flop|
|2008||Singh Is Kinng||Super Hit|
|2009||Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani||Super Hit|
|2009||De Dana Dan||Above Average|
|2010||Tees Maar Khan||Semi Hit|
|2011||Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara||Hit|
|2011||Mere Brother Ki Dulhan||Hit|
|2012||Ek Tha Tiger||Blockbuster|
|2012||Jab Tak Hai Jaan||Hit|
|2016||Baar Baar Dekho||Flop|
|2017||Tiger Zinda Hai|
|2018||Thugs Of Hindostan|
Katrina Kaif Facebook
Katrina is equally involved in social work. Her mother is a social worker. She runs a charitable trust run which rescues abandoned girls and works to stop female feticide. She donated the money to her mother’s Mercy Home Orphanage which she won from Kaun Banega Crorepati and Dus Ka Dum. Katrina also walked for Salman’s Being Human charity show along with other actresses. Apart from this, she has appeared in many Charity shows.
Katrina Kaif Controversy
- Katrina broke up with Salman in 2010. The reason behind this was her closeness with co-star Ranbir Kapoor during the film Ajab Prem Ki Gajab Kahani. However, both Katrina and Ranbir denied it. But their personal photo during their holiday in Ibiza was leaked by some magazine. After the photos were published the actress said, “she was upset and distressed by the breach of their privacy”.
- During her 27th birthday, Salman and Shahrukh heated argument turned ugly and the world has seen their rivalry after that. Both the actors were not on talking terms. However, with time, they have moved on and became friends. This brings another controversy in Katrina’s life without being her at fault.
- When no one knew Katrina, she did an intimate scene with Gulshan Grover in movie Boom. After she became established in Bollywood, her fans wonder why did she choose to do the scene. The video was like a shock of the highest order. Because Katrina has so far maintained a very clean image who barely does any intimate scene on screen.
- During the shoot of Namaste London, she visited Ajmer Sharif Dargah in Miniskirt. This hurts the religious sentiments of people of India. She is very much aware of Indian roots and she could have avoided this controversy by wearing a suitable dress.