Name- Mira Rajput
Date of Birth- 7 September 1994
Age- 23 years(as in 2017)
Mother- Bela Rajput
Father- Vikramaditya Rajput
Sister- Priya Rajput Tulshan and Noorjehan Rajput Wadhwani
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Husband- Shahid Kapoor
Daughter- Misha Kapoor
Height- 5’5 approx.
Weight- 56kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Mira Rajput is wife of Bollywood heartthrob Shahid Kapoor. She was born and brought up in Delhi but has her roots in Punjab. She is focused and intelligent women, who is quite vocal about her opinions. Born on 7 September 1994, she did her schooling from Vasant Valley School, New Delhi. Later, Mira completed her Graduation in English Language and Literature from Lady Shri Ram College, New Delhi. She came into limelight after marrying to Shahid Kapoor.
Facts About Mira Rajput
- Punjabi Food is her Favorite Food.
- Salman Khan is her Favorite Actor.
- Beyonce, Demi Lovato, and Avril Lavigne are her Favorite Musicians.
- She hails from Chhatarpur, Madhya Pradesh state.
- She met Shahid Kapoor and his Family through the religious group Radha Soami Satsang Beas. They got engaged in a private ceremony.
- Mira has a 14 years age difference with her husband Shahid.
- Both Shahid and Mira are Vegetarians.
- She loves collecting shoes. She has got a vast collection of shoes from different brands across the world.
- Like her husband, Mira also loves music a lot.
- Being a Salman fan, the first movie she watched with her husband was Bajrangi Bhaijaan.
- Mira calls Shahid with the name “Shadoo”.
- Shahid gifted her a diamond ring worth Rs.23 Lakh.
- She was a bright student and ranked 10 in Delhi University’s CATE exam.
- She has previously done Internship with United Nations.
- After her marriage with the actor, she deleted some of her social media friends to keep her life private.
- She is addicted to her Mobile phone. In an interview, Shahid said, “I am her second husband! Her first husband is her phone.
- She has an elephant memory and this never ceases to amaze Shahid.
Mira Rajput Family
Mira was born to Vikramaditya Rajput and Bela Rajput in Delhi. Her father is a businessman. She has two sisters. She is second of three sisters. Priya Rajput Tulshan is her elder sister and Noorjehan Rajput Wadhwani is her younger sister.
Mira is a very warm and homely person. She is very close to Shahid’s parents and family. She is more like a daughter, rather than a daughter in law. Shahid says she is closer to them than he is, and they too connect with her.
Mira Kapoor Boyfriend
Talking about her past relationships, before marrying Shahid, she was indulged with Aditya Lal who was in the same school. She was in her third year, when she got into serious love with him. However, the reports claimed that their relationship lasted for only 2 years.
Mira Rajput Husband
In January 2015, she got engaged to Bollywood actor Shahid Kapoor. They were introduced to each other by their Guruji. In the beginning, Mira was quite skeptical about marrying a film star, but her elder sister convinced her for the marriage. On July 2015, they got married. The couple is very much in love with each other and shares adorable pictures on social media.
Mira Rajput Baby
On 26 August 2017, Shahid broke the good news on Twitter that the couple is blessed with a daughter. Mira and Shahid named their daughter ‘Misha’ after mixing initials of their name (Mi)ra and (Sha)hid.
In April, Shahid took to Instagram to announce the news of arrival of their second baby with a cute post. His first baby Misha is posing beside balloons announcing that she will become a sister to her mommy and daddy’s second child.
Mira Rajput Controversy
Mira once made an insensitive comment on Women’s Day that disappointed a lot of fans. In an Interview, she said, “I love being at home, I love being a mother to my child, I wouldn’t want to spend one hour a day with my child and rush off to work, why did I have her? She is not a puppy…I want to be there for her as a mother.”
“Feminism isn’t woman versus man. It’s about equality. A new wave of feminism has come that is aggressive…I feel it’s destructive.
“There’s a new term called ‘feminazi’, which is the female equivalent of a chauvinist. I think there should be harmony between the two sexes and equilibrium,” she explained.
Her statement didn’t go well with the public and she received a lot of backlash from working moms and other people. However this was not an controversy. It was her thought which turned out to be a controversy.