Name- Bhuvan Bam
Date of Birth- 21 January 1994
Age- 26 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Name Not Known
Father- Name Not Known
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’8 approx.
Weight- 67kg approx.
Net Worth- US$2.8 million approx.
Bhuvan Bam Biography
Bhuvan Bam is an Indian singer, songwriter, music composer, stage performer and YouTuber. He is primarily known for his YouTube comedy channel BB Ki Vines. Born on 21 January 1994, he did his schooling from Green Fields School in New Delhi. He completed his graduation from Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, Delhi University in New Delhi. The star rose to fame for his video mocking a reporter who was asking silly questions to a lady who has lost her son at the time of 2015 Kashmir Flood coverage. Little did he knew that it would be his career’ turning point. In no time, he became one of the most popular YouTubers in India with millions of subscribers on his channel named “BB Ki Vines”. He is well known for his various characters including Bancho, Titu Mama, Hola and owns a massive fan following worldwide.
Facts About Bhuvan Bam
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Shahrukh Khan are his Favorite Actors.
- Alia Bhatt is his Favorite Actress.
- Anurag Kashyap is his Favorite Film Director.
- Junk Food is his Favorite Food.
- Cricket is his Favorite Sports.
- MS Dhoni and Virat Kohli are his Favorite Cricketers.
- Singing and Travelling are his Favorite Hobbies.
- He was born in New Delhi, India and began his career singing in the bars.
- He always loved making people laugh by entertaining them with his comic skills and used to make random videos which was liked by his family and friends.
- In 2015, he created his YouTube channel “BB Ki Vines” and uploaded his first video named “The Chakhna” which hardly got only 15-20 views.
- His career’s turning point came after he made a video mocking a reporter at the time of Kashmir Flood in 2015. His video went viral and he woke up to popularity the next day.
- In no time, he became popular worldwide due to his popular characters including Bancho, Titu Mama, and Hola. He became the first Indian YouTuber to hit millions of subscribers on his YouTube channel in no time.
- Being multi-talented, he has collaborated with many YouTubers including The viral fever, Sab group and more.
- Other than videos, he is also a singer and has released songs including Teri Meri Kahani, Safar, Rahguzaar, etc. to show his art of singing to his fans.
- He has also been invited to Ted Talks where he shared his story with the people saying, “Nothing can stop you, if you don’t give up”.
- The star has millions of supporters from all over the world.
- In 2020, during the pandemic of Covid-19, he donated his one month salary to PM Cares Fund to help India fight against this and motivated his fans to do the same.
Bhuvan Bam Family
He was born in New Delhi, India into a middle class Hindu family. There is not much information available about his family as he likes to keep his personal life away from the public domain. Though he shares close bond with his family and has made his family proud by being one of the known and most popular YouTubers of India.
Bhuvan Bam Girlfriend/ Wife
He is currently single and not dating anyone. At this moment, he is focusing entirely on his career and his work. Despite being one of the most popular YouTuber India, there has been no buzz of him dating anyone. He has lots of female friends but none of them are his love interest. Though in February 2020, there were some rumors saying he is in a relationship with a girl named Arpita Bhattacharya.
Bhuvan Bam Career
Initially, he was singing in the bars but always loved entertaining people by doing comedy since his school days. He made some random videos which was loved by his close friends and family. Later, he created his channel “BB Ki Vines” and uploaded his very first video on his channel “The Chakhna Issue” in 2015. His video didn’t gather much views but that was just the starting of his career. One day while he was watching TV at his home, he saw a coverage by a news reporter on Kashmir Flood where the reporter was covering a story of a mother who has lost her child, and was asking silly questions to the lady. This is when Bhuvan thought of doing something in his own comedy style and uploaded the video on his Facebook channel.
Overnight the video went viral especially in Pakistan and next day he woke up to the popularity of his video. Over the time, he became one of the fastest growing YouTube stars with millions of active users on his channel. It is his writing skills and originality that makes him different than other stars. In no time, he got massive popularity worldwide. Other than videos, he is also a singer and has released songs like Sang Hoon Tere, Teri Meri Kahani, Safar, Rahguzaar, etc. In December 2018, he started his digital series named “Titu Talks” which featured Shahrukh Khan as his first guest followed by other big celebrities later.
Bhuvan Bam Achievements
He is a big name in the best YouTuber’s of India who is loved by millions of people. Here are some achievements he achieved in his career so far:
- On 29 January 2017, he became the first popular Indian YouTuber to hit over 2 millions subscribers in less time.
- Became the winner of “Most Popular Channel Award” at 2016 WebTV Asia Awards by beating popular channels like The Viral Fever, Being Indian, and East India Company, etc.
- Won Filmfare Award for Best Short Film “Plus Minus” in Mumbai.
Bhuvan Bam Controversies
Being a celebrity, he has made some headlines in the news as well. Sometimes he has been criticized for his contents or some other reasons. Have a look at some of his controversies:
- He received lots of criticism for his 18+ contents and abusive language in the videos made by him. Though there were huge people who supported him saying he is showing nothing but uncensored reality of how people talks.
- In January 2020, his tweets for taking his stand on JNU violence went viral and people admired him to speak up at that time when all other Bollywood celebrities remained quiet. Few of his tweets were:
Tweet karta hoon toh log poochte hain ‘Kaunsi party se paise mile hain?’ Paise? Bhaiyya mera politics se kuch lena dena nahi hai. 25 saal ka hoon. Apne kaam se desh ka naam roshan karna chaahta hoon. Har naagrik ki tarah desh mein aman aur shaanti chaahta hoon. – 6 January 2020.
Maine apne bharat mein aisi hinsa ki kabhi kalpana nahi kari thi. Agar aap mein thodi si bhi deshbhakti hai, toh yeh samajh lijiye ki politics se upar insaaniyat hai. Kisi ko shareerik chot pohochaana jaanwaron se battar hai. Yeh hinsa iss desh ko manzoor nahi.- 6 January 2020
Ek tweet ke liye mujhe dhamki di thi phone pe ‘Kaat denge tujhe’. Bina security waala middle-class baccha kya karta? Chup raha. Number report kiya. Aaj bhi gaaliyan padh sakti hain. Lekin mujhe mera desh pyaara hai. Imaandaar hoon, insaan hoon.- 6 January 2020
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram