Name- Ali Fazal
Date of Birth- 15 October 1986
Age- 34 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Name Not Known
Father- Mohammad Rafique
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 6’1 approx.
Net Worth- $4-5 million approx.
Ali Fazal Biography
Ali Fazal is an Indian actor and model who made his acting debut with a small role in English movie “The Other End of The Line”. He had acting bug since his school days but never thought of making career in it. But after making his acting debut, he decided to turn it into a full-fledged career. In 2009, he made his Bollywood debut with super hit movie 3 idiots in a small yet powerful role. But rose to fame after doing Hindi comedy movie Fukrey. The movie was declared hit with positive reviews. From that time to this, his work has marked his position in not just Bollywood but Hollywood industry as well.
Despite having his fair share of difficult and trying time, the gun-toting gangster Guddu Pandit of Mirzapur have delivered some iconic performance and came out as a winner in the acting world. Let’s dive deeper to get more details about his life, career, family, wife and more.
Ali Fazal Family
He was born in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh into a middle class family, hailing from Allahabad. His father name is Mohammad Rafique, worked in a firm in middle east and mother name is Uzma. He is the only son of his parents and grew up in his maternal grandparents home with his mother as his parents were separated when he was 18 in age. The actor shares close bond with his mother and father despite they are separated.
Ali Fazal Education
He completed his schooling from La Martiniere College in Lucknow and The Doon School in Dehra Doon. Later, he went to Mumbai and completed his graduation from St. Xavier’s College in Economics. While in school, he used to participate in various school plays and debates. Also, he was selected to play the role of “Trinculo” in role play of The Tempest by English poet William Shakespeare.
Ali Fazal Girlfriend
He is dating actress Richa Chadda. The two met each other on the sets of movie Fukrey in 2013. They bonded well and became good friends. Later in 2016, they started dating and made their relationship official when Richa attended the Venice Film Festival with him for his movie “Victoria and Abdul”. Their pictures went viral and in no time people came to know that there is a new couple in town. The couple was about to get married in April 2020 but they postponed it for sometime amid Corona crisis. They are madly in love with each other and their fans loves them to the core.
Ali Fazal Career
Initially, he did not grow up to become an actor. He fell into the acting industry almost by accident. Back in his school days, he was an athlete and wanted to represent India at international level. Though following a hand injury, he couldn’t play sports and joined various debates, plays and various acting related activities to fill his time efficiently. Although he was liking it but still had no intention of making his career in the same. Also, his parents wanted him to become an engineer.
But destiny had other plans for him and in 2008, he made a special appearance in English movie, The Other End of the Line. Then in 2009, he did another movie named “Ek Tho Chance” but the movie never released. In the same year, he made his Bollywood debut with movie 3 idiots and was appreciated for his role in it. His career’s turning point came after he did movie Fukrey. Other than Hindi, he has been part of several biggest hits of Hollywood movies including Furious 7, For Here Or To Go?, Victoria and Abdul, etc. and became an international star as well.
One of his most appreciated performance is of “Guddu Bhaiya” from web series Mirzapur. Post the release of the series, he became highly popular among the youths and they loved his performance. In no time, his career picked up the pace and he bagged lots of offers for playing the main leads.
Ali Fazal Controversy
- Though he is one of those actors who likes to stay away from controversies but once he got himself into a controversy after he said that, “Actor Gurmeet Choudhary was casted by the producers in movie Khamoshiyan since he has a good fan following. His character of Lord Ram is responsible for his massive fan following”.
Some Interesting and Lesser Known Facts About Ali Fazal
Let’s look at some interesting facts about him:
- He was born on 15th October 1986 in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh and hails from Allahabad.
- Back in his school days, he was an athlete and used to play basketball and football in his schooling days.
- Other than athlete, he is also an amazing guitarist with such a large female following from all over the world.
- Not just an athlete or guitarist, this multi-talented actor also loves writing poems. He thinks that a poem can convey more emotions and feelings comparing to a general statement.
- He is a big time travel freak and loves exploring new places instead of being stuck in the same place.
- The actor made his Hollywood debut with movie Furious 7. He was at a remote location when he had to send his audition and literally had to atop a hill to get proper network for recording his audition. Luckily, he got selected for the role.
- Many people think that it was with Aamir Khan starrer movie “3 idiots” that he made his Bollywood debut. But no, his debut movie was an independent movie named “Ek Tho Chance” by filmmaker Saeed Akhtar Mirza. Unfortunately, the movie didn’t release and was shut down.
- He is one of the actor who has performed in the popular internationally famed act “White Rabbit, Red Rabbit”.
- In 2017, he played a lead role in Hollywood movie “Victoria and Abdul”. The movie depicted the story of Queen Victoria and her Indian servant, Abdul Karim.
- Being such an ideal person and excellent actor, he also knows his responsibilities as citizen of his country and he actively supports many charities in a variety of ways. Be it taking part in an event “Cancerthona”, raising funds for children battling with cancer, or talking about dangers of smoking, the actor makes sure to do his duty of raising awareness among people of India.