Name- Avinesh Rekhi
Date of Birth- 5 October 1984
Age- 34 years(as in 2019)
Mother- Darshana Rekhi
Father- M.P. Singh
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Son- Anraj Rekhi
Daughter- Avira Rekhi
Height- 6’1 approx.
Weight- 82kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Avinesh Rekhi Biography
Avinesh Rekhi is an Indian television actor. He is primarily known for his work in small screen industry. Born on 5 October 1984, he did his schooling from St. Xavier’s School in Chandigarh. He completed his graduation in Bachelor of Business Administration from DAV College in Chandigarh. The actor rose to fame for portraying the role of Uma Shankar Toshniwal in Star Plus’s popular show “Tu Sooraj Main Saanjh Piyajii”. The show made him the household name giving him immense popularity, name and fame. He has lots of followers on his Instagram account from all over the world who loves him immensely for his physique and acting skills.
Facts About Avinesh Rekhi
- Salman Khan and Shahrukh Khan are his Favorite Actors.
- Priyanka Chopra and Madhuri Dixit are his Favorite Actresses.
- Cricket is his Favorite Sport.
- Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli are his Favorite Cricketers.
- Lata Mangeshkar and Guru Randhawa are his Favorite Singers.
- Dubai and Goa are his Favorite Destinations.
- Paneer Tikka, Malai Kofta and Lassi are his Favorite Food.
- Red, Black and White are his Favorite Colors.
- Partying, Travelling, Gymming and Reading Books are his Favorite Hobbies.
- Always aspired to become an actor, he used to take keen interest in acting and dancing since his childhood.
- He participated in workshops given by Shiamak Davar’s group in Chandigarh when he was a child.
- In 2012, he made his television debut with serial “Chhal — Sheh Aur Maat” where he played the role of Kabir Jaiswal.
- But he rose to fame after he played the role of “Uma Shankar Toshniwal” in serial Tu Sooraj Main Saanjh, Piyaji aired on Star Plus in 2017.
- Later in 2019, he came with another television show “Choti Sarrdaarni” opposite Nimrit Ahluwalia. The show was premiered on 1 July 2019 and was picked up quickly by the audience.
- He played the role of Sardar in that show and eventually became “The First Turbaned Lead on TV”.
- Apart from television shows, he has also been part of few Bollywood movies like Ru Ba Ru and Dil Bole Hadippa.
Avinesh Rekhi Family
He was born in Nabha, Punjab, India into a middle class Sikh family. His father name is M.P. Singh and mother name is Darshana Rekhi. There is not much information about his siblings as he likes to keep his personal life away from public domain. The actor shares close bond with his family and have made them proud by being one of the popular actors of the television industry.
Avinesh Rekhi Wife/ Girlfriend
He is married to his long time girlfriend Raisa. They met each other at a wedding and started dating eventually. It was a long distance relationship as Raisa used to live in Delhi and Avinesh was from Chandigarh. But after dating for some time, the couple tied the knot on 29 December 2010. Later, he shifted to Mumbai to make his career in the industry, Raisa supported him a lot and kept him motivated. The couple are blessed with 2 beautiful kids, a daughter named Avira Rekhi and a son named Anraj Rekhi. He often shares amazing pictures with his wife and children on his Instagram account.
Avinesh Rekhi Career/ Television Shows
He came to Mumbai with a dream of becoming an actor and has struggled a lot in his initial phase. And finally in 2008, he made his acting debut with movie Ru Ba Ru. Later in 2012, he switched to small screen and made his television debut with serial Chhal — Sheh Aur Maat where he played the role of Kabir Jaiswal. Following this, he did many shows like Main Naa Bhoolungi, Madhubala – Ek Ishq Ek Junoon, Darr Sabko Lagta Hai, etc. But he rose to fame after he played the role of Uma Shankar Toshniwal in Star Plus’s serial Tu Sooraj Main Saanjh, Piyaji in 2017. The show gave him immense popularity on the work front. And in 2019, he came with another blockbuster television serial as a lead which was liked by the audience. Here is the list of television shows he has been part of:
Year Television Shows Role Notes 2012 Chhal — Sheh Aur Maat Kabir Jaiswal Lead Role 2013 Madhubala – Ek Ishq Ek Junoon Sultan Mohan Kundra Antagonist 2013–2014 Main Naa Bhoolungi Neeraj Sachdeva Parallel Lead Role 2015 Maharana Pratap Jalaluddin Mohammad Akbar Antagonist 2016 Darr Sabko Lagta Hai Akash Episode 22 2017–2018 Tu Sooraj Main Saanjh, Piyaji Uma Shankar Toshniwal Lead Role 2019–present Choti Sarrdaarni Sarabjit Gill Lead Role
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram