Name- Barun Sobti
Date of Birth- 21 August 1984
Age- 34 years(as in 2018)
Mother- Name Not Known
Father- Raj Sobti
Sister- Richa Arora
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Wife- Pashmeen Manchanda
Height- 5’11 approx.
Weight- 75kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Salary- Rs.30,000 per episode
Barun Sobti is an Indian television/ film actor and model. He is primarily known for his work in small screen industry. Born on 21 August 1984, he did his schooling from St. Mark’s school, New Delhi. He completed his graduation from Delhi University. The actor rose to fame for playing the role of Arnav in the popular serial “Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?” opposite the actress Sanaya Irani. He is one of the hottest television actors in Indian television industry at the moment. He has a huge fan following and is loved by everyone.
Facts About Barun Sobti
- Aamir Khan and George Clooney are his Favorite Actors.
- Sonali Bendre, Salma Hayek, and Penelope Cruze are his Favorite Actresses.
- Mohit Chauhan is his Favorite Singer.
- Andaz Apna Apna is his Favorite Bollywood movie and You Don’t Mess with Zohan is his Favorite Hollywood Film.
- Melbourne and Maldives are his Favorite Destinations.
- He was a soccer champion in school and had a dream of becoming a soccer player.
- He accidentally stepped into acting by his childhood friend Karan Wahi and Priyanka Bassi. It was Karan who forwarded Barun’s photo to the director and he got selected for the serial ‘Shraddha’.
- Before entering into the television industry, he worked as an operation manager at Jindal Telecom for almost 7 years.
- The actor is an ectomorph which means that he has an unusually high metabolism rate which makes it hard for him to gain weight.
- He cannot stay hungry for long and gets cranky while he is hungry.
- He has a habit of using the phrase ‘Kya Kehte Hain’ before he says anything.
- His dream car is Ford Mustang.
- In the year 2015, he secured 4th place in the list of 50 Asia’s Sexiest men poll.
- The actor is not an internet person and has no profile in any of the social networking sites even when his fans want him to stay connected with them.
- He has a phobia of ‘Sky Diving’.
- He bought three Honda City cars at once. One for himself, one for his wife and one for his father.
- His first income was of Rs.200 which he earned by selling a dinner set in a summer job.
Barun Sobti Family
He was born in New Delhi, India into a middle-class family. His father name is Raj Sobti. His mother is a housewife. He has an elder sister named Richa Arora. The actor shares a close bond with his family. His family has always supported him to make his career in the acting field. The actor shifted to Mumbai to become an actor. There is not much information available about his family on the internet as the actor likes to keep his family away from social glimpses.
Barun Sobti Wife/ Girlfriend
The actor is married to his childhood friend Pashmeen Manchanda. They were studying in 9th standard when the couple first met with each other. Gradually they became good friends. They always used to think they are close friends until the time came when Pashmeen had to leave for Australia to complete her graduation, the duo realized their love for each other. After being in the relationship for 5 long years, the couple got married on 12 December 2012 in a private wedding ceremony.
Barun Sobti Career/ Tv Shows
He stepped into acting due to his childhood buddy Karan Wahi. Karan recommended his name for the television serial ‘Shraddha’ in the year 2010. Next, he appeared for a cameo role in serial ‘Dil Mill Gayye’ alongside Karan Singh Grover and Jennifer Winget. The actor has been part of many popular television serials and advertisements including Hero Honda Passion, Reliance Big Tv, Deluxe Paint or more. Here is the complete list of his serials:
Year Television Shows Role
2009-2010 Shraddha Swayam Khurana
2010 Dill Mill Gayye Raj Singh
2010-2011 Baat Hamari Pakki Hai Shravan Jaiswal
2011-2012 Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? Arnav Singh Raizada
2017 Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon 3 Advay Singh Raizada
2017 Tanhaiyan Haider Ali Khan
2018 The Great Indian Dysfunctional Family Samar Ranaut
2018 Asura Nikhil Nair
Barun Sobti Movies
Not only in the small screen industry but the actor has worked in few Bollywood or short list. Though he didn’t much recognition in the Bollywood industry, his work is liked by everyone. Here is the list of his short movies and Bollywood movies:
Year Movies Role
2014 Main Aur Mr. Riight Sukhi Singh
2015 Dry Dreams Unnamed
2017 Calon Istriku Putri Dari India Ajay
2017 Tu Hai Mera Sunday Arjun Anand
2019 22 Yards Ron Sen
2020 Satra Ko Shaadi Hai Films that have not yet been released Naresh Sinhal
Barun Sobti Controversy
- Because of some unknown reasons he decided to quit the serial ‘Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon’, the production team was about to replace his character with another actor but his fans threatened that they will not watch if Barun will not be in the show. Hence the team ended with the last episode shot with the actor Barun Sobti.