Name- Gurmeet Choudhary / Gurmeet Sitaram Choudhary
Date of Birth- 22 February 1984
Age- 35 years(as in 2019)
Mother- Anmol Choudhary
Father- Sitaram Choudhary
Brother- Gangaram Choudhary
Marital Status/Marriage- Married to Debina Bonnerjee
Wife- Debina Bonnerjee
Height- 5’11 approx.
Weight- 74kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Salary- Rs.80k/ day
Gurmeet Choudhary Biography
Gurmeet Choudhary is Indian actor, model, and dancer. He is primarily known for his work in Indian television and Bollywood industry. Born on 22 February 1984, he completed his schooling and graduation majorly from Jabalpur and Chennai. The actor rose to fame for his portrayal of Lord Ram in the television series Ramayana which was aired on Star Plus in the year 2008. He is one of the established and famous Indian actors who has showcased different skills to his fans. He is very passionate and dedicated to his work which has made him very popular especially among the women.
Facts About Gurmeet Choudhary
- Shahrukh Khan and Hrithik Roshana are his Favorite Actors.
- Madhuri Dixit is his Favorite Actress.
- Black and Blue are his Favorite Colors.
- Reading, Collecting Goggles and Sunglasses are his Favorite Hobbies.
- Dubai, Goa, Bangkok, and Malaysia are his Favorite Destinations.
- His first ever income was Rs.1500 which he earned through an advertisement.
- Gurmeet has won the title of Mr. Jabalpur and even has participated in Mr. India contest.
- In the year 2006, he made his television debut with India’s first 3D television series named Mayavi down South.
- He got the role of Lord Ram in television show Ramayana because of his eyes.
- Everytime he visits to Delhi, he makes it a point to visit historical places like Qutub Minar, Humayun Ka Makbara and Purana Qila. The actor is in love with the street food of Delhi.
- He is not an IPL fan but supports team KKR because of Shahrukh Khan.
- He has a huge crush on Bollywood actress Madhuri Dixit. In fact, he got the opportunity of romancing her on the popular dancing reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa season 5 and was also the winner of the show.
- His friends jokingly calls him Patnivrata.
- He is an avid dog lover.
- Gurmeet is a fitness freak and never misses to workout.
Gurmeet Choudhary Family
He was born in Chandigarh, India to Sitaram Choudhary and Anmol Choudhary. His father was in army and therefore, he got to stay in different parts of India. His mother is a home-maker. He has one brother named Gangaram Choudhary. He along with his family has spent their major time in Chennai and Jabalpur. His roots back to Bhagalpur District, Bihar, India. The actor is very close to his family and has made them proud by earning a good name in the tinsel town.
Gurmeet Choudhary Wife/ Girlfriend
He is married to his long time girlfriend Debina Bonnerjee. The two met each other during a talent contest in Mumbai in the year 2006. They became friends but there was nothing more than that between the two in the initial phase. Right after the acting workshop of 30 days ended, Debina returned to Kolkata and they didn’t meet for a brief period. However, they met again when Debina shifted to Mumbai to pursue her acting career. Debina was staying with a close friend as a paying guest and Gurmeet was one of friends to her roommate’s boyfriend.
Gurmeet used to come along with his friend to their place. They used to chat, spend time together and this went on smoothly for quite some time. But after 2 months, her roommate’s boyfriend shifted to some other place and so he stopped coming there. This is when they both realized about their bond. The two of them confessed their feeling to each other and started dating. After being in relationship for more than 6 years, the couple finally tied the knot on 15 January 2011 in a private ceremony. They are made for each other and are high in love.
Gurmeet Choudhary Career/ Television shows
He made his television debut with a negative role in serial Mayavii in 2006. But he came to limelight for his portrayal of Lord Ram in the television series Ramayana in the year 2008. Then in 2010, he was paired opposite actress Drashti Dhami for serial Geet- Hui Sabse Parayi. The show made him the household name in no time. Following this he has participated in many reality shows including Pati Patni or Woh, I Can Do That, Khatron Ke Khiladi, Nach Baliye among many others. Here is the list of serials and reality shows the actor has been part of:
Year Television Shows Role 2004 Yeh Meri Life Hai Gurmeet 2004 Kumkum – Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan Ballu 2006 Mayavi Hiranyan 2008–2009 Ramayan Lord Ram / Lord Vishnu 2009 Pati Patni Aur Woh Contestant 2010–2011 Geet – Hui Sabse Parayi Maan Singh Khurana 2012 Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5 Contestant (Winner) 2012–2013 Punar Vivah Yash Suraj Pratap Sindhia 2013 Nach Baliye Shriman v/s Shrimati Contestant with Debina (Winner) 2013 Nach Baliye 6 Contestant (Runner-up) 2014 Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 7 Himself 2014 Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi Darr Ka Blockbuster Contestant 2015 I Can Do That Contestant 2015 Bad Company Himself 2016 Comedy Nights Bachao Himself
Gurmeet Choudhary Movies
Not only on small screen but the actor has also been part of few Bollywood movies. Though he failed to leave an impact with his movies but his work has been loved by everyone. Here is the list of movies he has been part of:
Year Movies Role 2005 Koi Aap Sa supporting cast as a football player 2011 Cycle Kick Chandu 2015 Khamoshiyan Jaidev Dhanrajgir 2015 Mr. X Pub dancer 2016 Wajah Tum Ho Advocate Ranveer Bajaj (Lead role) 2017 Laali Ki Shaadi Mein Laaddoo Deewana Prince Veer (Lead role) 2018 Paltan Capt. Prithvi Singh Dagar (Lead role)