Real Name- Venkata Satyanarayana Prabhas Raju Uppalapati
Date of Birth- 23 October 1979
Age- 42 years(as in 2021)
Mother- Siva Kumari
Father- Uppalapati Suryanarayana Raju
Sister- Pragathi Uppalapati (elder sister)
Brother- Prabodh Uppalapati (elder brother)
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 6’2 approx.
Weight- 94kg approx.
Net Worth- $28 million approx.
He has blown away the audiences with his powerful acting on screen. He has won many hearts with his movies. His fandom is loyal and sees no bound and has multiplied every single time he appeared on screen. With every new movie, he grew immensely and have given his fans something to hold onto. He is none other than the Baahubali, the Pan India star Prabhas who has spread his wings worldwide. With time and again, his fans have always gone an extra mile to show their never ending love for him. Be it his dialogue delivery, body language, emotions or top-notch performance, Prabhas has aced it all.
He is one of those stars that isn’t just larger than life in movies but in the real life as well. With the never ending legacy he has created, Prabhas is here to shine and rule the heart of his fans. Here we did an attempt to write a detailed Prabhas biography, his family details, girlfriend, facts, controversies and other related information. We have tried our best to give you all the information about Prabhas that makes you fall in love with him even harder.
Who is Prabhas?
The beloved Baahubali of the entertainment industry, Prabhas is a popular name of South movies industry. Ever since his debut with movie “Eshwar” in 2002, Prabhas has become a big name worldwide. He has created his strong fan base all around the world who loves him like anything. Initially he didn’t want to be an actor and instead wants to be a businessmen. But he couldn’t resist himself from the world of glamour and decided to enter into the movies industry.
He had his own share of struggles. It was not an easy thing to be at this high level of acting and being audience’s favorite. But with his talent and dedication towards his role, he conquered all the obstacles and become the top star of South industry. Before Baahubali series, he was a superstar of South industry but after the movie released worldwide, he got fans from all across the world.
Despite being so popular, the actor always remains a mystery to his fans as he does not talk about his personal life. He is an introverted personality but when it comes to his work, he is the most sincerest actors of many.
He was born in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India into a high class filmy background family. His father name is Uppalapati Surya Narayana Raju, who was a producer of Tamil industry and mother name is Siva Kumari. He is youngest of three siblings. He has an elder brother named Pramod Uppalapati and sister named Pragathi. Telugu actor Krishnam Raju Uppalapati is his Uncle.
The celebrity dating rumors never stop working no matter what. Fans always wants to know about their favorite star’s dating life. Since Prabhas is still not married, his fans are even more curious to know who he is dating in real life.
Well, talking about his relationship, he is rumored to be dating his Baahubali co-star Anushka Shetty. There have been lots of reports about their relationship rumors in media but neither of them have ever confirmed it nor talked about it. Their fans still hold onto their hopes of seeing them together in movies as well as in real life. Hopefully, they’ll confess their feelings to the world if they are in love relationship, otherwise they soon find their partner.
Before Anushka, his name was linked with actress Ileana DCruz and Kajal Aggarwal while they were doing movie together. It is said that Ileana decided to quit Telugu film industry because of Prabhas. But these are only rumors as there are no official statement from anyone in this matter.
The dashing and handsome 6’2 tall Prabhas is a superstar who did his schooling from DNR School in Bhimavaram and later did his engineering from Sri Chaitanya College in Hyderabad. He comes from a filmy family background as his father was a known producer of South industry. Initially, he didn’t want to make his career in the entertainment industry but wants to be a businessmen. But destiny had other plans for him and he couldn’t resist himself from entering into the movies business.
In 2002, he made his acting debut with movie Eeswar and continued working for 1-2 years until he finally got his breakthrough movie Varsham as Venkat in 2004. The movie turned out to be great hit at the box office giving him the attention of many big production houses. Later, he was critically acclaimed for his performances in movies like Chatrapathi, Billa, etc.
His career’s turning point came in 2014 when he was offered movie Baahubali: The Beginning by director S.S. Rajamouli. For the movie, he took the risk of devoting his 2 years for it completely without signing any other movie during that period. He agreed and his hard work paid off because the movie turned out to be the biggest blockbuster of all times. The movie became the 3rd highest grossing movie at the box office worldwide.
Later he appeared in “Baahubali: The Conclusion”, which again broke all the records and became the 2nd highest grossing movies worldwide. With Baahubali series, he became a star in not just south but in north industry as well.
Prabhas Favorite Things
- Biryani and Butter Chicken are his Favorite Food.
- Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan, and Robert De Niro are his Favorite Actors.
- Raveena Tandon, Deepika Padukone, Trisha, and Shriya Saran are his Favorite Actresses.
- PK, 3 idiots, Geethanjali, and Munna Bhai MBBS are his Favorite Movies.
- Rajkumar Hirani and S.S. Rajamouli are his Favorite Directors.
- The Fountainhead is his Favorite book.
- Black is his Favorite Color.
- London is his favorite destination to travel.
- Playing Volleyball, listening to music and reading are his Favorite Hobbies.
- There were rumors about his relationship with Y.S Sharmila. But he strongly denied it and issued a statement where he said, “There have been several embarrassing rumors about my alleged relationship with Ms. Y.S. Sharmila. I would like to state that I have never met or spoken to Ms. Y.S. Sharmila and the rumors in circulation are completely baseless and have not any truth in them”.
- There were rumors that his health deteriorated and he went into a coma after falling from the horse during the filming of Baahubali: The Beginning. However, the team of Baahubali denied such rumors.
Prabhas Social Works
He has a heart of gold and when it’s about social work, the actor keeps it silent. But the good deeds never go unnoticed. Here are few things that makes him a hero in real life as well;
- While shooting for his movie ‘Rebel’ in 2012, he donated INR 10 lakh to a blind school.
- In 2014, when Hudhud cyclone hit the city of Vizag, Andhra Pradesh, the actor donated the amount of INR 20 Lakhs.
- In 2015, he donated INR 5 lakh to an old age home.
- Prabhas gave away INR 15 lakhs to the Chennai flood relief activities in 2015, during the Chennai flood.
- On the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti in 2017, he supported the Swatch Bharat Abhiyan and called out his followers and fans to keep the country clean. His fans immediately took up the initiative and acted on it. Prabhas thanked his fans for following his words.
Facts About Prabhas
- He is the highest paid actor of Telugu industry.
- While growing up Prabhas had huge crush on actress Raveena Tandon.
- One of his biggest achievements of many, being the only South Indian actor to have a wax statue at Madame Tussauds.
- His movie “Baahubali: The Conclusion” was the 2nd highest grossing movies worldwide.
- For his role in movie Baahubali, he followed very strict workout regime. He was trained by Lakshman Reddy who was Mr. World 2010.
- His elder brother went to jail for cheque bounce case (INR 43 lakhs).
- After the success of movie Baahubali, the actor got more than 6000 marriage proposals.
- He dedicated five years of his life for movie Baahubali.
- Not many people know this, Prabhas loves to read books and owns a personal library at his home where he reads book when he is not busy in shootings.
- He loves sports and mostly prefers free hand workouts instead of hitting the gym regularly.
- Prabhas likes to maintain low-profile image off the screen. Unlike other stars, he likes to stay away from the public glare as much as possible.
- He loves flora and fauna and also is a huge fan of birds. Many people don’t know that he has a garden full of chirping birds.
Prabhas Raju Uppalapati, popularly known as Baahubali of India cinema is a worldwide popular actor who likes to remain quiet and let his success do all the talking.