Name- Prabhas(Venkata Satyanarayana Prabhas Raju Uppalapati)
Date of Birth- 23 October 1979
Age- 38 years(as in 2017)
Mother- Siva Kumari
Father- Uppalapati Suryanarayana Raju
Sister- Pragathi Uppalapati (elder sister)
Brother- Prabodh Uppalapati (elder brother)
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 6’1 approx.
Weight- 94kg approx.
Net Worth- $28 million
Prabhas(Venkata Satyanarayana Prabhas Raju Uppalapati) is an Indian actor. He is primarily known for his work in Tamil cinema. Born on 23 October 1979 in Chennai, Tamilnadu, he did his schooling from DNR School, Bhimavaram. He is graduated with B.tech degree from Sri Chaitanya College.The actor has got International recognition for his work in Bahubali. His fanbase is growing each passing day.
Facts About Prabhas
- His hobbies are reading and playing volleyball. He has also made a volleyball court at his home for Baahubali.
- Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan and Robert Di Niro are his Favorite actors.
- Trisha Krishnan, Deepika Padukone, and Raveena Tandon are his Favorite actress.
- Rajkumar Hirani is his Favorite director. He has watched 3 idiots and Munnabhai MBBS for around 20 times.
- Allu Arjun and Gopichand are his best friends from the industry.
- Butter Chicken and Chicken Biryani are his Favorite food.
- London is his Favorite destination.
- Prabhas gave 5 years to Baahubali: The Conclusion and Baahubali: The Beginning. He did not give his commitment to any other film till the completion of Baahubali. Prabhas said to a director like Rajamouli, he could have given even seven years.
- He made a cameo in Bollywood film Action Jackson in a song.
- He is the first south Indian actor to have a wax statue at Madame Tussauds, Bangkok.
- After the success of Baahubali, the actor got 5000 marriage proposals.
- He is a book lover and has a personal library at his home. His favorite book is Fountain Head.
- The actor postponed his marriage for Baahubali. There are rumors that the Baahubali star Prabhas will marry a 23-year-old girl who is studying engineering in Hyderabad and selected by his parents for him.
- People call him as Young Rebel Star of Tollywood. He is Darling to everyone in the industry and his fans. His few nicknames are Prabha, Pubsi, and Mr.Perfect.
- He was gifted 1.5 crores worth gym equipment by the makers so that he can stay in shape without putting on fat for the role of Shividu.
- The actor refused an endorsement worth Rs 5.5 crore to concentrate on the period drama Baahubali.
Prabhas was born to film producer U. Suryanarayana Raju and Siva Kumari in Chennai. He is youngest of three siblings. He has one elder sister Pragathi and elder brother Pramod Uppalapati. The star is the nephew of yesteryear’s Rebel star Krishnam Raju Uppalapati.
The actor lives in Jublee Hills, Hyderabad.
Prabhas First Movie
The Tollywood superstar made his debut in 2002 with Telugu movie Eshwar opposite Sridevi Vijaykumar. In 2003, he was the lead in Raghavendra. The movie was average grosser at the box office. His fortune changed in 2004 with Varsham release. He got his first blockbuster hit with Varsham starring Trisha. The movie was later remade in the Hindi language as Baaghi starring Shraddha Kapoor and Tiger Shroff.
Big superstar Prabhas has a huge fan following. He was critically acclaimed all over the world for his role in Baahubali. Know about the complete list of movies done by the star:-
|2015||Baahubali: The Beginning|
|2017||Baahubali 2: The Conclusion|
Prabhas Social Works
The actor Prabhas has a heart of gold. When it’s about social work, the actor keeps it silent. But the good deeds never go unnoticed. Here are few things that are done by the actor that makes him a hero in real life as well;
- While shooting for his movie ‘Rebel’ in 2012, he donated Rs.10 lakh to a blind school.
- In 2014, when Hudhud cyclone hit the city of Vizag, Andhra Pradesh, the actor donated the amount of Rs.20 Lakhs.
- In 2015, he donated Rs.5 lakh to an old age home.
- Prabhas gave away Rs. 15 lakhs to the Chennai flood relief activities in 2015, during the Chennai flood.
- On the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti in 2017, he supported the Swatch Bharat Abhiyan and called out his followers and fans to keep the country clean. His fans immediately took up the initiative and acted on it. Prabhas thanked his fans for following his words.
- There were rumors about his relationship with Y.S Sharmila. But he strongly denied it. He issued a statement and said, “There have been several embarrassing rumors about my alleged relationship with Ms. Y.S. Sharmila. I would like to state that I have never met or spoken to Ms. Y.S. Sharmilla and the rumors in circulation are completely baseless and have not any truth in them”.
- There were rumors that his health deteriorated and he went into a coma after falling from the horse during the filming of Baahubali: The Beginning. However, the team of Baahubali denied such rumors.
Also, Read- Mahesh Babu