Name- Rakshit Shetty
Date of Birth- 6 June 1983
Age- 36 years(as in 2019)
Mother- Name Not Known
Father- Name Not Known
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’9 approx.
Weight- 67kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Rakshit Shetty Biography
Rakshit Shetty is an Indian actor, producer, director and writer. He is primarily known for his work in Kannada industry. Born on 6 June 1983, he did his schooling from a private school in Udupi. He did his graduation in Electronics & Communication Engineering from NMAM Institute of Technology, Nitte. The multitalented actor rose to fame for portraying the role of “Kushal” in movie Simple Agi Ondh Love Story. This movie bring success to him and he never looked back since then. He is one of those actors who is involved in lots of things apart from just acting and have many active followers on different social media sites.
Facts About Rakshit Shetty
- Amitabh Bachchan, Hrithik Roshan and Shahrukh Khan are his Favorite Actors.
- Aishwarya Rai and Sridevi are his Favorite Actresses.
- Blue, Black and White are his Favorite Colors.
- Reading and Travelling are his Favorite Hobbies.
- After completing his studies in 2005, he worked at Symphony for around two years.
- Later he left his job to follow his career in cinema.
- He has been inclined towards cinema since his school days and used to take part in different school functions.
- Finally in 2010, he made his acting debut with movie Nam Areal Ond Dina. But the movie didn’t work well at the box office and failed to impress the audience.
- His career’s turning point came after he did romance-comedy movie “Simple Agi Ondh Love Story” where he played the role of Kushal in 2013. The movie garnered him immense success on the work front.
- Apart from acting, he is a known scriptwriter and producer.
- In 2014, he directed and written the script of Ulidavaru Kandante. The crime-drama movie was a hit at the box office and led him won the awards like Karnataka State Film Award for Director’s First Time Best Film and Filmfare Award South for Best Director.
- Also, he has been credited by the media to begun a “new wave of filmmaking”.
- Throughout his career, he has won many awards for his performances in movies and script writing including Karnataka State Film Awards, SIIMA Awards, Filmfare Awards South, etc.
Rakshit Shetty Family
He was born in Udupi, Karnataka into a middle class Hindu family. There is not much information available about his family as he likes to keep his personal life away from the social limelight. Though he shares close bond with his family and have made them proud by being one of the known multitalented actor of the Kannada industry.
Rakshit Shetty Wife/ Girlfriend
He is currently single and focusing on his career. Earlier, he was engaged to actress Rashmika Mandanna. They met each other on the sets of movie “Kirik Party” which was released in 2016. Eventually they began dating and then got engaged on 3 July 2017 in a private ceremony in Rashmika’s hometown Virajpet. However later in 2018, they mutually called off the engagement because of having compatibility issues.
Rakshit Shetty Career/ Movies
After completing his studies, he started working at Multinational Company in Bangalore as an engineer. He worked there for almost 2 years and then left his job to pursue his career in the cinema. And finally in 2010, he made his acting debut with movie Nam Areal Ond Dina where he played the role of “Aravind”. But it was his 3rd movie “Simple Agi Ondh Love Story” which garnered him the success in the industry that he was looking for. Later in 2014, he directed and worked in movie Ulidavaru Kandante. The movie got worldwide critical acclaim and even won Filmfare Award South for Best Director. Since then there is no looking back for him and he has given many hit movies at the box office. Apart from being an actor, he is also a producer, writer and director and has delivered many hit movies in his venture. Here is the list of movies he has been part of:
Year Movies Role
2010 Nam Areal Ond Dina Aravind
2012 Thuglak Thuglak
2013 Simple Agi Ondh Love Story Kushal
2014 Ulidavaru Kandante Richard Antony
2014 Bahuparak Richard Antony
2014 Vaastu Prakara Kubera
2016 Ricky Ricky
2016 Godhi Banna Sadharana Maykattu Shiva
2016 Kirik Party Karna
2019 Avane Srimannarayana Narayana
2020 777 Charlie TBA
2020 Punyakoti TBA
Rakshit Shetty Awards
The actor has won many awards for his performances in the movies. Here are few awards won by him:
- 2015- Won Filmfare Awards South for Best Director for movie Ulidavaru Kandanthe.
- 2015- Won Karnataka State Film Awards for Director’s First Time Best Film for movie Ulidavaru Kandanthe.
- 2017- Won KAFTA Awards for Performance In A Supporting Role – Male/ Best Lyrics for movie Godhi Banna Sadharana Mykattu.
- 2017- Won IIFA Utsavam for Best Film/ Performance In A Leading Role – Male for Kirik Party
- 2017- Won SIIMA Awards for Entertainer of the Year for movie Kirik Party.
View this post on Instagram
I’ve been living off suitcases and breathing amidst flights in the past week. Meetings for Avane Srimannarayana and it’s release is on full swing. Keeping me company during these meetings are the books I carry, and that’s when the idea to share it with you all came. So here’s something for all the bibliophiles, I’ll write about the books I’m reading and You can suggest books too 🙂 Book 1 – The Great Philosophers, as the title suggests talks about different philosophers and their thoughts. An interesting read, something that lets you float amongst clouds with a lot of thoughts and ideas. #BooksAndWings