Name- Rana Daggubati
Real Name- Ramanaidu Daggubati
Date of Birth- 14 December 1984
Age- 37 years (as in 2021)
Mother- Lakshmi Daggubati
Father- Daggubati Suresh Babu
Sister– Malavika Daggubati
Brother- Abhiram Daggubati
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Wife- Miheeka Bajaj
Height- 6’2 approx.
Net Worth- $7 million approx.
Rana Daggubati Biography
The actor who never relied on his famous surname, who never stepped back for working hard and who never even let his visual impairment of not being able to see from his right eye come in between his success and dreams. An actor, producer, and entrepreneur who have unique fandom from across the world. Perhaps knows as the most vicious antagonist of Hindi cinema “Bhallaladeva” from the highest grossing movie Baahubali. He is none other than Rana Daggubati who has successfully secured a place for himself in the industry with his hard work, dedication and love for cinema.
Here we’ve shared a Rana Daggubati biography, his family details, wife, love life and more things related to him for his die-hard fans. So lets’ start!
Who is Rana Daggubati?
Rana Daggubati is a popular Indian actor and producer who is known for working in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi movies. He is a multi-talented person who despite having a visual impairment in the right eye never let this came in between his way of success and dream of becoming an actor. In 2010, he made his Telugu debut with movie “Leader” and later in Bollywood with movie “Dum Maaro Dum” in 2011. The actor got immense popularity and fame for his work in movie series Baahubali as Bhallaladeva. For this character, he was appreciated worldwide and became a big name of the industry Bollywood and Tollywood.
Rana Daggubati Family
He was born in Chennai, Tamilnadu into a high class Hindu family. He was born and brought up in a family that have connection with filmy industry. His father name is Daggubati Suresh Babu, a producer and mother name is Lakshmi Daggubati, a homemaker. He has a younger brother named Abhiram Daggubati and a sister named Malavika Daggubati. The actor comes from a filmy family who is part of Akkineni family. He is grandson of popular South producer Daggubati Ramanaidu and Rajeshwari Akkineni Daggubati.
Rana Daggubati Wife
He is married to his childhood friend Miheeka Bajaj. Miheeka is an event and wedding planner by profession. They’ve known each other for a long time as his sister and Miheeka went to school together. Initially, they started talking during the lockdown and felt some connection. Soon the couple decided to get married in the lockdown itself. On August 8, 2020, the couple tied the knot in a private wedding ceremony accompanied by 30 or less close family and friends.
Before marrying Miheeka, he was in a relationship with a girl who got married to someone else. Later, he came in relationship with actress Trisha Krishna but unfortunately, the couple broke up after some time.
Rana Daggubati Career
Coming from a filmy background family, he has always been fascinated by cinema and always had a dream of seeing him on screen. He entered into the industry as VFX artist and later turned producer of movie Bommalata in 2004. Then in 2010, he made his acting debut with Telugu movie “Leader” which worked very well at the box office. Later in 2011, he made his Bollywood debut with movie “Dum Maaro Dum”.
It was movie Telugu movie Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum that gave him limelight and there is no looking back for him since then.
One of his most notable character was Bhallaladeva from movie Baahubali. The movie turned out to be the blockbuster and even second highest grossing movie of that year. His performance in the movie gained lots of praise and he even won numerous awards for his performance. Not just in Tollywood but he has established a place for himself in Bollywood industry as well.
Facts About Rana Daggubati
Have a look at some of the lesser known facts about him:
- He entered into the industry as a VFX artist and then developed interest towards acting.
- Initially, he worked in visual effects department for movie “Sainikudu” starring Mahesh Babu for which he also won a Nandi Award.
- It was acting school Barry John Acting Studio in Mumbai where he learned acting skills.
- He made his acting debut with Telugu blockbuster movie Leader and there is no looking back for him since then.
- The actor is known for portraying strong and arrogant roles on screen but in real life, he is known to be a very shy and sensitive person.
- In the year 2015, he played an important notable role in Hindi movie Baby.
- He comes from a filmy background family as his father, Suresh Babu is a notable producer of the industry who has produced many movies including Bobbili Raja, Coolie No.1, etc.
- He has worked in multiple languages including Tamil, Telugu, and Hindi movies alongside actors like Ajith, Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar, Sanjay Dutt and others.
- In 2011, he was ranked 20 on Times of India’s Most Desirable Men. Later in 2012, he was on 10th spot.
- The actor has done his graduation in industrial photography. As per some reports, he always wanted to do software engineering.
- He once revealed that he cannot see from his right eye and underwent a transplant done. Even after the surgery, he can’t see with his right eye.
- For the first part of movie Baahubali, he weighed around 110kgs whereas for the second part, he had to lose around 22 kgs.
- Actor Ram Charan is one of his oldest and closest friend from the industry. He even knew his wife Upasana, who was his junior in the same school. And actor Allu Arjun’s wife was his classmate.
- Once he turned coolie for show “Memu Saitham” in which different celebrities had to do some small jobs to raise funds for the poor and needy people.
- His favorite sport is Kabaddi and he is also the brand ambassador of Star Sports’ show Pro Kabaddi League.
- He loves doing stunts and that is why, he even attended a stunt school in US in order to master his stunts.
- Not many people know his obsession with shoes. He always makes sure to buy at least a pair whenever he goes out for shopping.
- He is big time foodie and loves to try different cuisines.
- The actor is a big time fitness freak and also trained in martial arts.
He is an actor who has gained critical, audience and commercial acclaim at the box office for his work. The actor is also a known producer and entrepreneur who is never afraid of taking risks and giving the best of his talent for his fans all over the world.