Name- Raqesh Vashisth
Date of Birth- 1 September 1978
Age- 40 years(as in 2018)
Mother- Name Not Known
Father- Name Not Known
Sister– Sheetal Vashisth
Brother- Not Known
Marital Status/Marriage- Married to Riddhi Dogra
Wife- Riddhi Dogra
Height- 5’10 approx.
Weight- 76kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Raqesh Vashisth aka Rakesh Bapat is an Indian actor and model. He is primarily known for his work in Bollywood movies and television industry. Born on 1 September 1978, he completed his pre-schooling from Amravati. He completed his post-graduation in MBA from University of Mumbai. The actor rose to fame with his debut Tv serial Saat Phere within a short span of time. His dimpled smile, soft-spoken manner and charm has made him famous among lots of girls. With his cute looks and smart serial choices, he established himself as one of the finest actors of television industry.
Facts About Raqesh Vashisth
- Pizza, Aloo Paratha and Dal-chawal are his Favorite Food.
- Painting, horse-riding, playing tennis, singing and playing suitar are his Favorite hobbies.
- Barun Sobti, Sanaya Irani, Rithvik Dhanjani and Arjun Bijlani are his close friends from television industry.
- He is a great painter and even has won the National award for his painting at the junior level.
- He himself sculpts a Ganpati idol every year for his home.
- Raqesh plans to enroll in sculpting course from Australia to learn more about the bronze and glass sculpting.
- In the year 1999, he participated in the Grasim Mr. India contest and turned out as first runner up of the contest.
- He has won the title of Mr. Pune.
- In the year 2001, he made his Bollywood debut with the movie Tum Bin. The movie was successful at the box office.
- The actor has also appeared in several Tv commercials like Colgate and Wrigley’s Gum.
- Raqesh is married to the actress Riddhi Dogra.
- In the year 2013, he with his wife has participated in the dance reality show Nach Baliye 6.
- He changed his name from Rakesh Bapat to Raqesh Vashisth due to his mother’s request.
Raqesh Vashisth Family
He was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra into a middle class family. His father was a navy captain and mother an English teacher at Dr. Kalmadi Shamrao high School in Pune. He has a sister named Sheetal Vashisth. BJP politician Arun Jaitley is his Uncle-in-law. Television actor Akshay Dogra is his Brother-in-law.
Raqesh Vashisth Wife/ Girlfriend
He is married to actress Riddhi Dogra. The couple met on the sets of their popular Star Plus’ show “Maryada: Lekin Kab Tak”. It was not love at first sight. They first became good friends and eventually fall in love with each other. Both of them decided to take their relationship to next level and tied the knot on 29 May 2012 in a private wedding function accompanied by close family and friends. They are one of the most loved couples of the television industry. However, the couple got separated in February 2019 with mutual consent and still considers themselves as their good friends.
Raqesh Vashisth Movies
The actor made his Bollywood debut with Anubhav Sinha’s hit movie Tum Bin in the year 2001. After the success of his movie, Anubhav casted him as the main lead in another movie named Kuchh Dil Ne Kaha opposite actress Raima Sen. The movie didn’t work well on the box office. Post that he worked in few more movies but none of his films worked at box office. He failed to make his mark at Bollywood and decided to turn to television. He has worked in Marathi movies as well. Here is the list of movies he has been part of:
|2001||Tum Bin||Amar Shah||Hindi|
|2002||Dil Vil Pyar Vyar||Gaurav||Hindi|
|2002||Kuch Dil Ne Kaha|
|2003||Tumse Milke Wrong Number||Raj||Hindi|
|2004||Kaun Hai Jo Sapno Mein Aaya||Sunny Khanna||Hindi|
|2005||Koi Mere Dil Mein Hai||Sameer||Hindi|
|2005||Naam Gum Jaayega||Vishal Saxena||Hindi|
|2006||Jai Maa Santoshi||Anuraag||Hindi|
|2006||Jaadu Sa Chal Gaya||Rahul||Hindi|
|2012||Aayna Ka Bayna||Saagar||Marathi|
|2013||A New Love Ishtory||Prince Vikram||Hindi|
|2016||Sarv Mangal Savdhan||Marathi|
|2018||Savita Damodar Paranjpe||Ashok||Marathi|
Raqesh Vashisth Career/ Television shows
After trying his luck in Bollywood, he turned to television industry. He made his television debut with the serial Saat Phere which gave him instant recognition. He did shows like Qubool Hai, Maryada: Lekin Kab Tak, Honge Judaa Na Hum or more. The actor with his wife Riddhi Dogra participated in the popular dance reality show Nach Baliye season 6. Here is the list of shows the actor has been part of:
|2005–2008||Saat Phere - Saloni Ka Safar||Neel / Neerav|
|2008||Ek Packet Umeed||Anuj|
|2010–2012||Maryada: Lekin Kab Tak?||Aditya Jakhar|
|2012–2013||Honge Judaa Naa Hum||Rohan|
|2013||Nach Baliye 6||Himself|
|2014||Qubool Hai||Asad Ahmed Khan|
|2016-2017||Bahu Hamari Rajni Kant||Anthony Gonzalves / Shantanu Kant|
|2018||Tu Aashiqui||Reyansh Diwan|