Name- Sharad Malhotra
Date of Birth- 9 January 1983
Age- 36 years(as in 2019)
Mother- Name Not Known
Father- Name Not Known
Sister– Reema Pahwa (Elder sister)
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Wife- Ripci Bhatia
Height- 5’8 approx.
Weight- 65kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Sharad Malhotra Biography
Sharad Malhotra is an Indian television actor. He is primarily known for his work in small screen industry. Born on 9 January 1983, he did his schooling from St. Xavier’s Collegiate School. He completed his graduation in B.com Hons from St. Xavier’s Collegiate School. The actor rose to fame with ZEE TV’ popular serial “Banoo Main Teri Dulhan” where he played the role of a mentally upset person “Sagar Pratap Singh”. The show gave him immense popularity and made him the television star. He has done a lot of prominent roles and has a huge fan following.
Facts About Sharad Malhotra
- Shahrukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan are his Favorite Actors.
- Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn and Deepika Padukone are his Favorite Actresses.
- Black and White are his Favorite Colors.
- Lebanese is his Favorite Cuisine.
- Dal Makhni, Watermelon Feta Salad and Tandoori Chicken are his Favorite Food.
- Martial Arts, Travelling, Playing Guitar, and Collecting watches are his Favorite Hobbies.
- In the year 2001, he won the peagent Face of the year in Kolkata and shortly after that, he decided to attend some acting workshops.
- He is the first male model who has done a jewellery campaign.
- A true wanderer at heart, he loves traveling a lot and loves trekking and hiking.
- His life took a great turn when he won the title of “ZEE Cinestar Ki Khoj” in 2004 from Kolkata division.
- After making his debut on television, he took a 4 months break and went to New York Film Academy in Los Angeles to learn acting skills.
- He rose to fame with his serial “Banoo Main Teri Dulhan”.
- Since the time of his shooting for serial “Banoo Main Teri Dulhan”, he was dating his co-star Divyanka Tripathi. They dated for 9 years and broke up after that.
- He gave audition for historical serial “Maharana Pratap” for around 5 times and after getting the role, he learned martial arts & horse riding to perform his stunts himself.
- He is a devotee of Lord Ganesha.
- If not an actor, he would have been a director.
- He has also participated in few reality shows including MTV Box Cricket League.
- The actor is an avid dog lover and has a pet dog named “Musky”.
Sharad Malhotra Family
The actor was born in Kolkata, India into a middle class family. His mother and father name is not known as actor likes to keep his family away from limelight. He has an elder sister named Reema Pahwa. The actor shares great bond with his family. His family has supported him from the beginning in pursuing his dream of becoming an actor. He has made his family proud by being one of the prominent Indian television actors.
Sharad Malhotra Wife/ Girlfriend
Sharad is married to Delhi based designer Ripci Bhatia. The couple tied the knot on 20 April 2019 in Mumbai. According to Sharad, it is an love cum arranged marriage. He said, “I was introduced to Ripci right after coming out of a relationship and was going from a hard phase. Initially, it all started after Ganpati Pooja that we started talking and what connected us was our fear of marriage. After knowing her, I realized that this is it and I should take the plunge. I think she is the one I should settle down with.”
However before Ripci, he has dated actress Divyanka Tripathi for 9 long years but their relationship came to an end because of marriage commitments. After her, his name was linked with Splitsvilla contestant Pooja Bisht but this relationship also didn’t last. Pooja accused Sharad for cheating on her and both of them have ended their relationship.
Sharad Malhotra Career/ Television Shows
He started his career with serial “Princess Dollie or Uska Magic Bag” where he played the role of “Prince Gold”. After this, he took 4 months break and went to New York Film Academy to learn acting skills. Then in 2006, he made a cameo in serial “Kabhie To Nazar Milao” and in the same year he got his breakthrough role of “Sagar Pratap Singh”. The show made him the known television star. Following this, he did many shows and participated in few reality shows as well. Here is the complete list of serial and reality shows the actor has been part of:
Year Title Role
2004 India's Best Cinestars Ki Khoj Contestant
2004 Princess Dolly Aur Uska Magic Bag Prince Goldy
2006 Kabhie To Nazar Milao Cameo
2006–2009 Banoo Main Teri Dulhann Sagar Pratap Singh/Amar Upadhyay
2012 From Sydney with Love Rohit Khurana
2014–2015 Bharat Ka Veer Putra – Maharana Pratap Maharana Pratap
2014 Box Cricket League Himself
2016–2018 Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki Rishi Singh Bedi/Ranbir Kapoor
2016 Box Cricket League 2 Himself
2016 Ek Tera Saath Kuwar Aditya Pratap Singh
2018–present Muskaan Raunak