Name- Sunny Singh Nijjar
Date of Birth- 6 October 1985
Age- 35 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Name Not Known
Father- Jai Singh Nijjar
Sister– Mehr Nijjar and Jo Nijjar
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’11 approx.
Weight- 79kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Sunny Singh Nijjar Biography
Sunny Singh Nijjar is an Indian actor and model. He is primarily known for his work in Bollywood industry. Born on 6 October 1985, he did his schooling from St. Columbus School in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He completed his graduation from University of Mumbai in Mumbai, India. The actor rose to fame for his role of Siddharth “Chauka” Gandotra from super hit Bollywood movie Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2. But he became the household name after the release of movie “Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety” where he did the role of Titu Sharma alongside actors Kartik Aryan and Nushrat Bharucha. His performance was highly appreciated in the movie by critics giving him the recognition he deserved. He has lots of followers on his Instagram account from all over the world who loves him immensely for his physique and acting skills.
Facts About Sunny Singh Nijjar
- Akshay Kumar and Amitabh Bachchan are his Favorite Actors.
- Jacqueline Fernandez is his Favorite Actress.
- Cricket is his Favorite Sports.
- Yuvraj Singh and Mahendra Singh Dhoni are his Favorite Cricketers.
- Pitbull and Yo Yo Honey Singh are his Favorite Singers.
- Aloo Parantha and home made food are his Favorite Food.
- Travelling, Gymming and Listening to music are his Favorite Hobbies.
- He is son of popular action director Jay Singh Nijjar who has directed super hit movies like Singham Returns, Chennai Express, Khiladi 786 and more.
- Coming from a filmy background, acting was in his genes and he always wanted to follow his passion in the acting field only when he was growing up.
- Though despite coming from a family having filmy background, he had to struggle in the initial days of his career to get work.
- In 2007, he made his acting debut with television serial “Kasautii Zindagii Kay” as Saksham and did “Shakuntala” as Karan in 2009.
- But television industry was not the destination for him, he wanted to get into films but through television serials, he got experience on how to face the camera.
- After years of struggling, he finally made his Bollywood debut with movie “Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji” in 2011. But it was only a cameo role and the next movie he did “Akaash Vani” was a flop at the box office.
- Eventually his career’s turning point came after he got the opportunity to work in Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 as “Chauka”. The movie was a hit and emerged out as his first commercial hit.
- In 2018, did movie “Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety” as Titu Sharma and was loved by everyone for his role in the movie. He became the household name post this movie and has no looking back since then.
- His journey from being a part of a TV show to bagging a solo lead film project have been amazing.
- Kartik Aryan, Nushrat Bharucham Sonnalli Seygall and Vicky Kaushal are his good friends from the industry.
- In 2020, he appeared in a music video Holi Mein Rangeele alongside Mouni Roy by Mika Singh, Abhinav Shekhar, Pallavi Ishpuniyani.
Sunny Singh Family
He was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra into a middle class family. His father name is Jai Singh Nijjar, a known action director and mother is a homemaker. He has two sisters named Mehr Nijjar and Jo Nijjar. The actor shares close bond with his family and it can be seen through his post that he shares on his Instagram account with his family. He has made his family proud by being one of the known actors of the Bollywood industry who has done some pretty good cinema on screen.
Sunny Singh Girlfriend/ Wife
He is rumored to be dating model Kamya Choudhary. The two met each other during their modelling days and they hit it off instantly. If reports are be believed then they have been seeing each other for more 2 years and their families have also given nod to this relationship. They are all happy in their relationship but haven’t yet given any clarification about their relationship in the public. Meanwhile on the work front, they are busy in focusing on their careers as their first priority.
Sunny Singh Career/ Movies
Coming from a family with filmy background, he was inclined more towards acting since his childhood days. Everyone in his family wanted him to become an actor and this was very clear in his mind and so he started his career as a model. Then in 2007, he made his acting debut with television show Kasautii Zindagii Kay opposite actress Kratika Sengar. Following that, he appeared in another television show Shakuntala as Karan in 2009. But it was not television industry he was aiming for, he wanted to get into Bollywood industry to get more name and fame for his work.
After years of struggle, he made his Bollywood debut with movie Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji in a small cameo appearance. Then in 2013, he did movie “Akaash Vani” as Ravi Sharma opposite Kartik Aryan and Nushrat Bharucha. Neither his role got any attention nor the movie worked well at the box office. But that was just the starting of his career as he was about to get something bigger and better. Finally in 2015, he did movie Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 which was a Hindi romantic-comedy movie as Siddharth “Chauka” Gandotra. The movie turned out to be his first big commercial success. Post that, he did movie Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety as Titu and became the household name. Not only the movie was successful but also he was highly appreciated by the critics for his role in the movie. There is no looking back for him since then and he has achieved a lot in his career. Here is the list of movies he has been part of:
Year Movies Role 2011 Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji Akash Kanwar 2013 Akaash Vani Ravi Sharma 2015 Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 Siddharth "Chauka" Gandotra 2018 Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety Titu Sharma 2019 De De Pyaar De Akash Sehgal 2019 Jhootha Kahin Ka Karan Pandey 2019 Ujda Chaman Chaman Kohli 2019 Pati Patni Aur Woh Doga 2020 Jai Mummy Di Puneet "Punnu" Khanna
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram