Name- Aishwarya Sakhuja
Date of Birth- 4 January 1985
Age- 35 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Name Not Known
Father- Sudhir Kumar Sakhuja
Brother- Shyam Sakhuja
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Husband- Rohit Nag
Height- 5’10 approx.
Weight- 57kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Aishwarya Sakhuja Biography
Aishwarya Sakhuja is an Indian actress, dancer and model. She is primarily known for her work in small screen industry. Born on 4 January 1985, she completed her graduation from University of Delhi in New Delhi. The actress rose to fame for portraying the role of “Toasty” in Sony TV’s serial Saas Bina Sasural. The show gave her immense popularity making her the household name. Post that, she appeared in many television shows and grew higher in her career. She has lots of followers on her Instagram account from all over the world who loves her immensely.
Facts About Aishwarya Sakhuja
- Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan and Akshay Kumar are her Favorite Actors.
- Vidya Balan, Sridevi Kapoor and Kajol Devgn are her Favorite Actresses.
- Dhadkan is her Favorite Bollywood Movie.
- Maldives and Goa are her Favorite Destinations.
- Pizza and Noodles are her Favorite Food.
- White and Black are her Favorite Colors.
- Travelling, Reading and Watching Movies are her Favorite Hobbies.
- She started her career as a model by participating in a beauty pageant in 2003.
- Later in 2006, she participated in beauty pageant “Miss India” and was selected among Top 10 finalist.
- In 2008, she made her debut as a host with Star One’ show “Hello Kaun? Pehchaan Kaun”.
- Post that she appeared in many serials including Lift Kara De, Rishta.com, Kaun Banega Crorepati 4, etc.
- Her career’s turning point was after she did serial Saas Bina Sasural as Tanya Tej Prakash Chaturvedi (Toasty).
- The show was a big hit among the audience and gave her immense popularity on the work front making her one of the top actresses of the television industry.
- However, she had to left the show in midway after she was detected with Tuberculosis.
- After this, she appeared in many reality shows including Nach Baliye Shriman v/s Shrimati, Welcome – Baazi Mehmaan Nawazi Ki, Nach Baliye 7, Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 7, etc.
- In 2015, she participated in dance reality show “Nach Baliye 7” as a contestant along with her husband Rohit Nag.
- Not only in small screen industry but she has also been part of Bollywood movies like U R My Jaan and Ujda Chaman.
- She is fond of biking and tattoos. Also, she inked a tattoo of her pet “Pepper” on her hand.
Aishwarya Sakhuja Family
She was born in Wellington, Tamil Nadu into a middle class Hindu family. Her father name is Sudhir Kumar Sakhuja who is an ex-army man and mother name is not known. Her mother died in the year 2004 after prolonged illness. She considers her mother as her source of inspiration. Also, she has an elder brother named Shyam Sukheja. The actress shares close bond with her family and often shares amazing pictures with them on her Instagram account. She has made her family proud by being one of the known actresses of the television industry.
Aishwarya Sakhuja Husband/ Boyfriend
She is married to her long-time boyfriend Rohit Nag. She met him during an audition which Rohit was conducting. While Rohit was madly in love with Aishwarya since her modelling days, she was totally clueless about it and considered Rohit as a friend only. But later they came closer through their common industry friend Karan Wahi. Later, they began spending time with each other and it was Rohit’s sense of humor which made Aishwarya fall in love for him. While everything was going well, the destiny tested them after Aishwarya was diagnosed with Tuberculosis due to which she even had to left her show “Saas Bina Sasural”.
While she was bedridden, Rohit supported her during the toughest phase of her life. Fortunately, she recovered and later Rohit proposed her on her birthday on 4th Jan 2014 to which she said “Yes” to him. In the same year, they tied the knot on 5 December 2014. The couple is madly in love with each other and often shares amazing pictures together on their Instagram account.
Aishwarya Sakhuja Career/ Television Shows
She started her career as a model and participated in Beauty Pageant “Miss India” in 2006. She became one of the finalist of the contest. In 2008, she made her television debut as a host with Star One’ show “Hello Kaun? Pehchaan Kaun”. Post that, she appeared in many serials but rose to success after she did serial Saas Bina Sasural as Toasty. The show made her the household name but she had to left it in midway after she got diagnosed with Tuberculosis. However after she recovered, she again made her comeback on TV and did many shows like Main Naa Bhoolungi, Nach Baliye Shriman v/s Shrimati, Welcome – Baazi Mehmaan Nawazi Ki, Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 7 and more. In no time, she became one of the popular actresses of the television industry. Here is the list of serials she has been part of:
Year Television Serial Role
2008-2009 Hello Kaun? Pehchaan Kaun Host
2010 Lift Kara De Herself
2010 Rishta.com Sukhrit Singh
2010 Kaun Banega Crorepati 4 Herself
2010-2012 Saas Bina Sasural Tanya Tej Prakash Chaturvedi (Toasty)
2013-2014 Main Naa Bhoolungi Shikha Avinash Gupta/Samaira Seth
2013 Nach Baliye Shriman v/s Shrimati Host
2013 Welcome – Baazi Mehmaan Nawazi Ki Herself
2014 Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyar Herself
2015 Nach Baliye 7 Contestant
2015 Comedy Classes Herself
2016 Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 7 Contestan
2016 Khidki Anju
2016-2017 Trideviyaan Dhanashree Shaurya Chauhan 'Dhanu' / Agent Lal Qila
2017 Sarabhai vs Sarabhai: Take 2 Sonya
2018 Chandrashekhar Kamala Nehru
2019 Yeh Hai Chahatein Ahana Khurana
Aishwarya Sakhuja Movies
Not only in television industry but she has also been part of few Bollywood movies as well. In 2011, she made her big screen debut with movie “U R My Jaan”. Later in 2019, she appeared in another Bollywood movie “Ujda Chaman” as Ekta. Her role in the movie was appreciated by the critics and audience.
Aishwarya Sakhuja Controversy
The actress made news in the headlines after she had a facial paralysis stroke on the sets for TV serial “Main Naa Bhoolungi”. In an interview to Times of India she said,
I was unable to even blink as the right side of my face stopped functioning. I would appear to be winking during my scenes and it became difficult to emote a scene. It took almost a month for me to recover and I was put on steroids throughout.”
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram