Name- Akanksha Puri
Date of Birth- 26 July 1988
Age- 32 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Chitra Puri
Father- RK Puri
Brother- Name Not Known
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’7 approx.
Weight- 57kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Akanksha Puri Biography
Akanksha Puri is an Indian actress and model. She is primarily known for her work in Malayalam, Tamil & Bollywood industry. Born on 26 July 1988, she completed her education from Bhopal, India. The actress rose to fame after she appeared in Madhur Bhandarkar’s movie “Calendar Girls” as Nandita Menon in 2015. Eventually, she made headlines in the news for her relationship with Paras Chhabra when he was inside the Bigg Boss 13 and was praised for supporting him throughout his journey. She has lots of followers on her Instagram account from all over the world who loves her immensely for her bold attitude and acting skills.
Facts About Akanksha Puri
- Salman Khan is her Favorite Actor.
- Deepika Padukone, Sridevi and Shilpa Shetty Kundra are her Favorite Actresses.
- Cricket is her Favorite Sports.
- Virat Kohli and Yuvraj Singh are her Favorite cricketer.
- Mika Singh is her Favorite Singer.
- She started her career as an International cabin crew. She was then spotted by a production house who offered her to work in their Tamil movie.
- In 2013, she made her acting debut with Tamil movie “Alex Pandian”.
- Before acting, she has done modelling and has been part of many commercials for big brands.
- She has worked in different languages including Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu and Hindi.
- In 2015, she made her Bollywood debut with movie “Calendar Girls” as Nandita Menon.
- Eventually, she was not the first choice of Madhur Bhandarkar for movie Calendar Girls. The role she did was first offered to actress Meghana Raj.
- In 2017, she made her small screen debut with show “Vighnaharta Ganesha” as Devi Parvati. In no time, she became the household name and got lots of praise for her role.
- In the same year, she appeared in a music video named “Jahaan Tum Ho” with Shrey Singhal.
- The actress made headlines in the news for her relationship with actor Paras Chhabra while he was inside the Bigg Boss 13 house. We must say, she handled everything very boldly and was supported by many big celebrities including Gauhar Khan, Sana Khan and KRK after Paras made some strong statements against her.
- She inked tattoo of Paras’s name on her wrist when they were in relationship.
- Being a fitness lover, she never misses to hit the gym.
Akanksha Puri Family
She was born in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India into a middle class Hindu family. Her father name is RK Puri, a retired Assistant commissioner and mother name is Chitra Puri, an astrologer. She has a younger brother whose name is not known. The actress shares close bond with her family and often shares amazing pictures with them on her Instagram account. She has made her family proud by being one of the known actresses of the television industry.
Akanksha Puri Boyfriend/ Husband
She was dating actor Paras Chhabra. They started dating each other in 2017. In between, they had a rough phase in their relationship but they again patched up after Paras inked Akanksha’s name on his wrist. The couple was about to get married in 2020 but things changed after Paras went inside the Bigg Boss 13 house. His closeness with Mahira Sharma and his shocking statements on his personal life regarding Akanksha left her heartbroken. But still she waited until Paras came outside to clear things out and finally the couple confirmed their break up news after they unfollowed each other on Instagram.
Akanksha Puri Career/ Movies
She started her career as an International cabin crew. She was then spotted by a production house in South who offered her a role in the movie. In 2013, she made her acting debut with Tamil movie “Alex Pandian”. Post that she appeared in number of Tamil, Malayalam and Telugu movies. Later in 2015, she made her Bollywood debut with movie “Calendar Girls” and there is no looking back for her since then. Here is the list of movies she has been part of:
Year Movies Role Language
2013 Alex Pandian Tamil
2014 Tihar Mukundan Tamil
2014 Praise the Lord Annie Malayalam
2015 Lodde Kannada
2015 Samrajyam II: Son of Alexander Saira Malayalam
2015 Calendar Girls Nandita Menon Hindi
2015 Amar Akbar Anthony Gouri (Cameo) Malayalam
2019 Action Kiara Tamil
Akanksha Puri Television Shows
She started her career with Big screen but later turned to television industry. In 2017, she made her television debut with serial “Vighnaharta Ganesha” as Devi Parvati. Her role in the serial was appreciated by the audience and in no time she became the household name. Later in 2019, she was approached for reality show Bigg Boss 13 as contestant but she rejected the offer since she thought, if she will go inside the house it will effect her then boyfriend’s game who was already in the house at that time.
View this post on Instagram
Strong and Powerful 🔥 #beingme #morningpost #morningmotivation #beingfit #fitness #gymmotivation #shoot #photography #strength #power #love #fun #beautiful #loveyourself #hair #makeup #style #fashion #888 #8 #collaboration #blogger #beinghappy #akankshapuri #❤️ Hair @hairstylistpoojagupta Makeup @makeupbykirankanbe Photography @sumeet_nayyar_photography
View this post on Instagram
Recreating 70’s !! #blackandwhite #photography #pic #70s #saree #indian #beauty #beautiful #beingfit #beinghuman #memories #life #insta #instagood #fashionista #style #fashion #makeup #hair #love #888 #8 #life #love #beinghappy #beingme #goodnight #nightpost #akankshapuri
View this post on Instagram
Thank you all for this lovely shoot😃#Team : Pic credit @nitisharoraofficial Make up n Hair @anjaliv_makeup Styling @aakanshabhageria Managed by @kapilmis #shoot #collaboration #photography #beautiful #beautyshots #portrait #picoftheday #makeup #hairstyle #fashion #style #fun #team #trend #work #livestrong #vignahartaganesha #sonytv #parvati #goddess #instagram #instapic #instashot #love #888 #8 #happypeople #beinghappy #beingme #akankshapuri