Name- Alia Bhatt
Date of Birth- 15 March 1993
Age- 27 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Soni Razdan
Father- Mahesh Bhatt
Sister– Shaheen Bhatt and Pooja Bhatt
Brother- Rahul Bhatt
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’3 approx.
Net Worth- $10 million approx.
Alia Bhatt Biography
Alia Bhatt is an Indian actress and singer of Indian origin who owns British citizenship. She is known for her work in Bollywood industry. She is highly talented and favorite of Bollywood fans from all over the world. Alia is undoubtedly one of the most popular actor of her generation. Right after making her debut with Bollywood movie “Student of the Year”, she has only been tasting success in the industry with her extra-ordinary performances. She can easily mould herself into the character that she has to play on screen. With her amazing acting skills, she has successfully managed to give her contemporaries a run for fame and money. Here is detailed biography of Alia Bhatt which will give you more info about her personal and professional life.
Alia Bhatt Family
She was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra into a high class family. Her father name is Mahesh Bhatt, known Director, Producer & screenwriter and mother name is Soni Razdan, an actress and director. She has an elder sister named Shaheen Bhatt and a half-sister Pooja Bhatt. She also has a half-brother named Rahul Bhatt, a fitness trainer. Her lineage is very interesting as she is half Kashmiri (from mother’s side) and Gujarati (from father’s side).
Actor Emraan Hashmi and Mohit Suri are her first cousins and Mukesh Bhatt is her uncle. Her family needs no introduction as almost every member of her family is a big name of Bollywood industry.
Alia Bhatt Boyfriend
She is currently dating actor Ranbir Kapoor on whom she had crush since she was 11. They started dating during the shooting of movie Brahmastra in 2018. They are very much in love and currently living together.
However before dating Ranbir, she had few alleged affairs. Have a look at them:
Ramesh Dubey- Not much is known about her relationship with Ramesh as it was reportedly a high school relationship when she was studying in Jamnabai Narsee School. Both of them were in same class and started dating, but the romance fizzled out after sometime.
Ali Dadarkar- According to sources, the first serious relationship that Alia had was with Ali. They were dating before Alia entered into the industry and carried their relationship for a long time. But the couple soon broke up.
Kavin Mittal- Alia had also allegedly dated businessman Kavin Mittal. The two apparently met at a seminar and became close friend. The relationship, however didn’t last long.
Siddharth Malhotra- Siddharth and Alia apparently started dating on the sets of their debut movie “Student of the Year”. Though they never confirmed the rumors of them dating but it was quite evident that they were surely more than being friends. But soon they parted ways after Alia started getting close to actor Ranbir.
Alia Bhatt Career
She always wanted to make her career in acting field only. At the age of 4, she was enrolled in Shiamak Dawar’s dance academy. Then in 1999, she made her acting debut as a child artist with movie Sangharsh in which she played the role of young Preity Zinta. But it was with movie Student of The Year that she made her big screen debut as main lead actress in 2012. To get the role, she first had to give an audition and on getting the role, she was told to lose weight if she really wants to feature in the movie. At first she was shocked but later she accepted the challenge and lost almost 16 kgs within 3 months only.
The movie got positive reviews and audience accepted her whole heartedly. Post that, she did number of superhit movies including 2 states, Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhaniya, Dear Zindagi, Kapoor & Sons, etc. In no time, she became one of the top actresses of the Bollywood industry. Other than this, she is also a great singer and has given her voice for various songs including Sooha Saha, Ikk Kudi, Samjhavan unplugged, Humsafar and a lot more.
Alia Bhatt Controversies
Here are few of the controversies related to her:
- In the year 2014, she participated in an event in UP’s Saifai village along with many celebrities, the same time when riots in Muzzafarnagar took place. Though she later apologized and said she regretted for not being aware politically.
- In her debut Koffee With Karan, she was immensely trolled for her lack of GK and was labelled as “Beauty without Brain”. In the episode, she replied Prithviraj Chauhan on being asked who was the Prime Minister of India.
- An FIR and arrest warrant was issued on her name after she appeared in the infamous AIB Roast Scandal event with celebrities like Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor, etc.
- She was heavily trolled because of nepotism issue after the actor Sushant Singh Rajput was found dead at his home on 14 June 2020. Many Instagram users unfollowed her over this Nepotism debate. Karan Johar, Salman Khan, and Ekta Kapoor were the most trolled celebrities who were criticized for promoting nepotism in the industry.
Some Lesser Known & Interesting Facts About Alia Bhatt
Have a look at some interesting facts about beautiful Alia:
- She was born on 15 March 1993 to producer Mahesh Bhatt and Soni Razdan. Both parents are well known personalities of Bollywood industry.
- She completed her schooling from Jamnabai Narsee School in Mumbai and post that, completing her education was not on her agenda as she decided to become an actress.
- Other than acting, she loves making paintings with charcoal in her free time. Also, she is no less than a pro at handball and had learned dancing from Shiamak Davars dancing institute at the age of 4 only.
- She was first seen as a child artist in movie Sangharsh where she played the role of young Preity Zinta in 1999.
- Despite being born in a family having powerful connection in Bollywood, she never wanted to be launched by her father. She, just like any normal girl gave audition for Karan Johar’s movie SOTY among 500 odd girls. Later, she was selected by Karan Johar on the condition that she will lose her weight for her character in the movie.
- Within just 3 months post her audition, she lost 16 kgs from 67kgs.
- She loves eating French fries and can eat them at any time of the day.
- Alia is quite active on social media platforms. She has millions of followers on Instagram and Twitter but she uses more of Instagram and doesn’t tweet much on Twitter.
- With or without makeup, Alia is blessed with beautiful skin. Her beauty mantra is to sleep enough. Infact, she gets cranky if she doesn’t get it. Other than this, she loves to go out and party with her friends.
- According to some people, she has an uncanny resemblance with yesteryear pop sensation Anaida.
- She is very much fond of cold beverages in comparison to hot ones.
- Not many people know this but Alia has a major craving for Yoghurt and she orders a portion of it even when she eats Italian and Mexican food.
- Her debut movie Student of the Year was a major hit and has earned around 700 million rupees worldwide. Her performance got mixed reviews and lots of people compared her with actress Kareena Kapoor.
- In 2014, her second movie Highway got everybody’s head turning and critics loved her performance in it. She played the character of a rich brat who gets infected by Stockholm syndrome while she was in the hold of kidnapper.
- Her performance in the movie was just amazing and exactly what the movie demanded.
- Another of her best performance was in movie 2 states. The movie was the adaption of Chetan Bhagat’s novel 2 states. In this movie, she played the role of a Tamil girl opposite actor Arjun Kapoor.
- She and Varun Dhawan are known as modern Kajol and Shahrukh Khan.
- Besides acting, she also supports social causes including PETA in support of cats and homeless animals.
- If you are Alia fan, you must know about her singing talent. She is an amazing singer and has given her voice to various songs including Sooha Sooha from Highway and Main Tenu Samjhawan Ki from Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania.
- She is a big time fitness freak and drinks a lot of water to stay healthy. Dosa, Cheese and Kheer are her favorite Food,
- Today Alia is known as one of the party person but in childhood she was a loner and liked to spend her time alone.
- To keep her calm and keep her skin glowing, she performs Yoga every morning.
- She always had a crush on Shahrukh Khan, Shahid Kapoor and Ranbir Kapoor. Now she is dating her crush Ranbir Kapoor.
[…] his father divorced his mother and later married to actress Soni Razdan. Soni has 2 daughters Alia Bhatt and Shaheen Bhatt, both of them are his step sisters. Other than them Mohit Suri and Emraan Hashmi […]
[…] Bollywood and mother name is Soni Razdan, an actress and director. She has a younger sister named Alia Bhatt, top actress of Bollywood. Also, she has a step-sister named Pooja Bhatt and step-brother named […]