Name- Ankita Lokhande
Date of Birth- 19 December 1984
Age- 36 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Vandana Phadnis Lokhande
Father- Shashikant Lokhande
Brother- Arpan Lokhande
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’4 approx.
Weight- 57kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Ankita Lokhande Biography
Ankita Lokhande is an Indian actress, model and dancer. She is primarily known for her work in small screen industry. Born on 19 December 1984, she completed her education from Indore, India. The actress rose to fame for portraying the role of Archana Manav Deshmukh in Zee TV’s popular television show Pavitra Rishta. The show run on Tv for long 5 years and gave her immense popularity and fame. After proving her acting skills on Tv, she made her Bollywood debut with Kangana Ranaut’s starrer movie “Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi”. She has millions of followers on her Instagram account from all over the world who loves her immensely for her looks and acting skills.
Facts About Ankita Lokhande
- Shahrukh Khan, Paul Walker and Simon Helberg are her Favorite Actors.
- Anushka Sharma and Sridevi are her Favorite Actresses.
- Butter Chicken and Dal Fry are her Favorite Food.
- White and Black are her Favorite Colors.
- Ladakh and Goa are her Favorite Destinations.
- Dancing, Swimming and Travelling are her Favorite Hobbies.
- She always wanted to make her career in acting and after completing her studies, she was about to do training of air hostess in Indore but destiny had other plans for her and she came to Mumbai to follow her dreams.
- After coming in Mumbai, she participated in talent hunt show but didn’t get to win it. However, she left a mark of her acting skills in the show.
- And finally in 2009, after 4 years of struggle, she made her acting debut with television serial “Pavitra Rishta”.
- The show was a big hit and she became overnight star with the same. She even won lots of awards for her role in the show.
- Initially, she didn’t like her co-star Sushant Singh Rajput but with time, she used to like him and later they even fall in love before ending their relationship after 6 years of dating in 2016.
- After this, she participated in dance reality show “Jhalak Dikkhla Jaa” 4 in 2011. In the same year, she appeared in comedy show “Comedy Nights” opposite Kapil Sharma.
- She is a known face of television industry who later turn to big screen. She had auditioned for Salman Khan starrer movie “Sultan” but was not selected.
- Finally in 2019, she made her Bollywood debut with movie Manikarnika. Her role in the movie was appreciated by everyone and audience loved her totally.
- Apart from acting, she used to be a Badminton player who has played at state level.
- She is an avid dog lover.
- Television actors like Jay Bhanushali, Mahi Vij, Rashami Desai and Ragini Khanna are her good friends from the industry.
Ankita Lokhande Family
She was born in Indore, Madhya Pradesh into a middle class Marathi family. Her father name is Shashikant Lokhande who worked in Bank and mother name is Vandana Phadnis Lokhande, former teacher. She has a younger brother named Arpan Lokhande. The actress shares close bond with her family and often shares amazing pictures with them on her Instagram account. She has made her family proud by being one of the known actresses of the entertainment industry.
Ankita Lokhande Boyfriend/ Husband
She is dating Vicky Jain. He is a businessmen from Bilaspur. The two of them met through common friends and fell in love. Initially, she had kept her relationship under the wraps but finally begun talking about her personal life openly. From posting cute couple pictures with him to writing adorable messages, Ankita has publicly accepted her relationship. She is madly in love with him and soon will tie the knot.
However before Vicky, she was dating her co-star Sushant Singh Rajput. They met on the sets of serial Pavitra Rishta and fell in love. Sushant even proposed her on national television to which she said Yes. They were planning to get married by the end of 2016. But after dating for almost 6 years, the couple decided to end their relationship and have moved on in their lives. The main reason behind their break up was said to be Sushant’s closeness with his co-star Kriti Sanon.
Ankita Lokhande Career/ Television Shows
Always aspired to make her career in the industry, she used to participate in Ganpati and Navratri Festival since her childhood. After she completed her studies, she came to Mumbai and auditioned for talent hunt show “Zee Cinestar Ki Khoj” after taking her mother’s approval. Though she didn’t win the show but she successfully got the attention of stars like Mahesh Manjrekar and Satish Kaushik.
Later, she started her career as a model and struggled for a long period of time. And finally after long 4 years of struggle, she got her breakthrough role from serial Pavitra Rishta. The show was a big hit and made her the household name. Post that, she even participated in Dance reality show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa” season 4. Since then there is no looking back for her and she has achieved a lot in her career. Here is the list of serials she has been part of:
Year(s) Television Shows Role Channel
2009–2014 Pavitra Rishta Archana Manav Deshmukh / Ankita Karmarkar Zee TV
2011 Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 Participant; Partner Sushant Singh Rajput Colors TV
2011 Comedy Circus Participant; Partner Kapil Sharma Sony Entertainment Television
2013 Ek Thhi Naayka Pragya Life OK
2018 Shakti - Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki Dancer on the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi on 17 & 18 September 2018 Colors TV
2019 Bigg Boss 13 Guest (To support Rashami Desai) Colors TV
Ankita Lokhande Movies
She made her Bollywood debut with movie “Manikarna: The Queen of Jhansi” in 2019 where she played the role of Jhalkaribai. Her role in the movie was well appreciated by the critics. Post that she appeared in another movie named Baaghi 3 in the year 2020.
Ankita Lokhande Awards
The actress has won few awards for her performances in the industry. Here are few:
- 2010- Won 3rd Boroplus Gold Awards under category of Gold Debut in a Lead Role (Female) for serial Pavitra Rishta.
- 2010- Won Indian Television Academy Awards under category of GR8! Face of The Year (Female) for serial Pavitra Rishta.
- 2011- Won 4th Boroplus Gold Awards under category of Best Actress in a Lead Role for serial Pavitra Rishta.
- 2011- Won Star Guild Awards under category of Best Actress in Drama Series for serial Pavitra Rishta.
- 2012- Won Indian Telly Awards under category of Television Personality of The Year (Female) for serial Pavitra Rishta.
- 2012- Won 5th Boroplus Gold Awards under category of Best Actress in a Lead Role for serial Pavitra Rishta.
- 2014- Won Star Guild Awards under category of Best Actress in Drama Series for serial Pavitra Rishta.
Ankita Lokhande Controversies
The actress has made headlines for few controversies as well:
- In the year 2013, there was some news doing the rounds that Ankita has slapped her then boyfriend Sushant at Yash Raj studios but the news was denied by both the actors and later it was termed as a rumor.
- Her break up with actor Sushant Singh Rajput attracted many controversies including the one where she told Sushant to get out of her apartment in which they were living together. But later, this too turned out nothing but a rumor.
- She was considered to be a bit of unprofessional on the sets of her TV serial.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram