Name- Anusha Dandekar
Date of Birth- 9 January 1982
Age- 37 years(as in 2019)
Mother- Sulabha Dandekar
Father- Shashidhar Dandekar
Sister– Shibani Dandekar (Elder) and Apeksha Dandekar (Younger)
Marital Status/Marriage- Dating Karan Kundra
Height- 5’5 approx.
Weight- 51kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Anusha Dandekar is an Indian- Australian actress, VJ, singer and model. She is primarily known for her work in Indian industry. Born on 9 January 1982, she completed her education from Sydney, Australia along with her 2 sisters. The actress rose to fame for hosting reality shows like MTV House of Style, MTV Roadies, MTV Love School, MTV Teen Diva among many others. She is a multitalented actress with great style and attitude. Also, she has been featured in many commercials, magazines including the popular Fit look Magazine.
Facts About Anusha Dandekar
- Shahrukh Khan is her Favorite Actor.
- Miranda Kerr is her Favorite Actress.
- Nicole Scherzinger, Beyonce, Lorde, and Britney Spears are her Favorite Musicians.
- Junk Food including Pizza, Chocolate, Pastries are her Favorite Food.
- Dancing and Singing are her Favorite Hobbies.
- Greece is her favorite Destination.
- She has spent most of her childhood in Australia with her family and moved to Mumbai at the age of 19 to try her luck in entertainment industry.
- In 2002, the same year she came to Mumbai, anusha made her debut by hosting a fashion reality show named MTV’s House of Style.
- Later in 2003, she made her Bollywood debut with small appearance in movie Mumbai Matinee and did an amazing sizzling item number called Lut Gaye in it.
- Her career changed in 2009 when she won the Best VJ Cosmopolitan Fun Fearless Female Award.
- She made to the list of 50 most beautiful women in India award by the popular Femina Magazine in the year 2010.
- Anusha loves singing and launched her first single “Better Than Your Ex” in 2012.
- Apart from her work, she is a very charitable person and has won Lion’s Den Award for Most Charitable Work during her childhood.
Anusha Dandekar Family
She was born to Shashidhar and Sulabha Dandekar into a Marathi family in Khartoum, Sudan originally from Pune, India. She has two sisters named Shibani Dandekar (Elder) and Apeksha Dandekar (Younger). Her sister Shibani is also an actress and younger sister Apeksha is a singer. Her family used to live in Pune but now resides in Sydney, Australia. She has spent most of her childhood in Australia and moved to Mumbai in 2002 to pursue her dream of becoming a VJ.
Anusha Dandekar Husband/ Boyfriend
She is dating actor Karan Kundra. The couple met at the MTV offsite. They began to talk and soon became good friends. During the whole friendship journey they got to know each other and eventually fell in love. Both of them shares adorable pictures of themselves on their respective social media platforms. Their fans love their chemistry and they surely set couple goals for every couple out there. Before dating Karan, she was in relationship with Rannvijay Singha but their relationship ended with mutual consent. They are still very good friends with each other.
Anusha Dandekar Career/ Television Shows
She started her career at the age of 19 by hosting reality show MTV’s House of Play. Since her childhood, she wanted to make her career in the entertainment industry. She, then hosted shows like MTV Love School, MTV Teen Diva among many others. Anusha in 2008 won the Best VJ Cosmopolitan Fun Fearless Female Award for her work in industry. She then got the opportunity to judge India’s Next Top Model along with Lisa Haydon and Malaika Arora. Here is the list of all the reality shows she has been part of:
Year Television Shows Role 2008 MTV Dance Crew Host 2009 MTV Teen Diva Host 2010 MTV Rock On Host 2015 India's Next Top Model Host 2016–present MTV Love School Host 2018 MTV Troll Police Guest 2018 Ace of Space Guest
Anusha Dandekar Movies
Not only in small screen industry but anusha has also been part of many Bollywood movies. Here is the list of movies she has been part of:
Year Movies Role 2003 Mumbai Matinee Anusha the Temptress 2005 Viruddh Jenny 2006 Anthony Kaun Hai Rosa 2008 Hello Shefali 2010 City of Gold (2010) Manasi 2010 Lalbaug Parel Manasi 2011 Delhi Belly VJ Sophaya 2012 Jai Jai Maharashtra Maaza Ashwini Stevenson 2018 Bhavesh Joshi Dancer in the song "Chavanprash"