Name- Anushka Sharma
Date of Birth- 1 May 1988
Age- 32 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Ashima Sharma
Father- Ajay Kumar Sharma
Brother- Karnesh Sharma
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Husband- Virat Kohli
Height- 5’9 approx.
Weight- 58kg approx.
Net Worth- 35 Million USD approx.
Anushka Sharma Biography
Anushka Sharma is an Indian actress, model and film producer. She is primarily known for her work in Bollywood industry. Born on 1 May 1988, she did her schooling from Army School in Bengaluru, India. She completed her graduation in B.A from Mount Carmel College in Bengaluru. The actress made her debut with super hit Bollywood movie “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi” starring actor Shahrukh Khan but rose to popularity with her roles in movie “Band Baaja Baaraat” and “Jab Tak Hai Jaan”. She went on to earn praise for playing various roles and became one of the highest paid actresses of the industry in no time. She has millions of followers on her Instagram account from all over the world who loves her immensely for her beauty, social works and acting skills.
Favorite Things of Anushka Sharma
- Shahrukh Khan, Ryan Gosling, and Amitabh Bachchan are her Favorite Actors.
- Rani Mukherji, Natalie Portman, and Jennifer Lawrence are her Favorite Actresses.
- Cricket and Tennis are her Favorite Sports.
- Rohit Sharma, Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Roger Federer are her Favorite Sportsperson.
- Jab We Met, Dil Se and Chak De India are her Favorite Bollywood movies.
- Life is Beautiful, Fish Tank and In The Mood for Love are her Favorite Hollywood movies.
- White, Black and Navy Blue are her Favorite Colors.
- Goa, Maldives, Switzerland and London are her Favorite Hobbies.
- Dancing, Reading and Travelling are her Favorite Hobbies.
- Vegetarian Food is her Favorite Food and she has won the “Hottest Vegetarian Award” by PETA in 2015 along with actor Aamir Khan.
- She is an outright animal lover and often shares pictures of her cuddling with different animals.
- She is a very confident person but describes herself as very shy in real life.
- When it comes to work, she is very sincere and likes to succeed in everything she do with her best ability.
- She is very afraid of Lizards and is obsessed with shoes, shampoos and conditioners.
Facts About Anushka Sharma
- She grew up in different parts of the country because of her father’s posting who was an army officer.
- During her childhood days, she was a school topper and always had a dream of becoming a successful model.
- Initially, she didn’t have to work really hard to begin her career in modeling as she got her first offer by a well-known designer Wendell Rodricks in 2007, while she was shopping at a mall in Bangalore.
- In the first place, she didn’t want to become an actress and wanted to be model only but later, she thought of acting. This is because she was asked to give blank look with no smile which was very difficult for her.
- After years of struggle, she finally got the big opportunity to make her Bollywood debut with movie “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi” co-starring actor Shahrukh Khan.
- The movie was a big hit at the box office and her performance was appreciated by the audience and critics.
- Though even after getting big start in the industry, it was not easy for her to survive as most of her movies after Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi was flop which includes Badmaash Company, Patiala House, Ladies vs Ricky Bahl except Band Bajaa Baaraat which worked well.
- Her career’s turning point came after she did movie “Jab Tak Hai Jaan” and “PK”. Both of these movies were big hit at the box office making her the household name.
- Post that, she gave lots of blockbusters including NH10, Dil Dhadakne Do, Sultan, Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Sanju, etc. and established herself in the list of A list actresses of the Bollywood.
- The actress has won several awards for her performances in the movies like Filmfare Award, Indian, Film Academy Awards and more.
- Since 2012, she has made it to the list of Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 which is based on income & popularity of Indian celebrities a lot of times.
- In 2018, she became the 3rd highest paid actress and female celebrity in country.
- In the year 2019, she was featured on Fortune India’s “50 Most Powerful Women in Business” list.
- Other than acting, she is involved in social works as well and has spoken for human rights on social media.
- She is co-founder of production company Clean Slate Films and owns a clothing brand Nush which was launched in 2017.
Anushka Sharma Family
She was born in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh into a middle class Hindu family having roots in Uttarakhand, India. Her father name is Ajay Kumar Sharma, a former army officer and mother name is Ashima Sharma, a homemaker. She has a brother named Karnesh Sharma who is a producer and earlier served in Merchant Navy. She spent most of her childhood in various states because her father was in army. The actress feels proud for being a daughter of an army officer even more than being an actor. She shares close bond with her family and often shares amazing pictures with them on her Instagram account. She has made her family proud by being one of the known actresses of the Bollywood industry who is not known for her acting skills only but also for the social work she do for animals.
Anushka Sharma Husband
The beauty of Bollywood, Anushka is married to wonder boy of cricket Virat Kohli. They met each other on the sets of a TV commercial in 2013. After this they became good friends and were spotted together at various events & places. In no time, the rumors of them dating became talk of the town. While these two didn’t accept their relationship in public, they were often spotted together spending time with each other. And finally in 2014, the two of them made their first public appearance together after they went to watch Indian Super League game. In the same year, Virat achieved a milestone against Sri Lanka in November 2014 and he blew a flying kiss to Anushka who was among the spectators confirming about his relationship.
Apparently some problems came in between two in 2016 after Virat wanted to settle down but Anushka on the other hand wanted to focus on her career. Later things get worse and they broke up with each other by unfollowing each other on Instagram. But as they say true love could not live without each other, the two came back together as strong couple. And finally after dating for more than 4 years, the couple got hitched in a private wedding ceremony on 11 December 2017, in Italy. Their fans fondly calls them Virushka. They give major couple goals to everyone and shows how madly they are in love with each other through their Instagram posts.
Anushka Sharma Boyfriends
Before marrying the love of her life, the actress have been linked up with few other celebrities. Have a look at the list of Anushka Sharma’s rumored boyfriends:
Zoheb Yusuf- Zoheb Yusuf was a model whom she met during her modeling days. Apparently, they dated for almost 2 years before she became a popular film star. The couple called off mutually and have moved on in their respective lives.
Ranveer Singh- Everyone must have heard about her relationship rumors with actor Ranveer Singh. They met each other on the sets of their movie “Band Baajaa Baaraat” and became good friends. However, she later said that she has never dated Ranveer and they were only good friends.
Ranbir Kapoor- Both of them eventually got close after meeting at Karan Johar’s party. They clicked off immediately and became really good friends. Even though there were rumors of them dating, it was all lie as both of them have been great friends always who respects each other a lot and shared no relationship other than that.
Suresh Raina- There was a time once when Suresh and Anushka were close to each other. But she denied dating him despite some rumors of them marrying.
Hence this is the list of people with whom her name was linked in the past and most of these relationships are nothing but rumors. However, now the actress is happily married to cricketer Virat Kohli and they are living happy life together.
Anushka Sharma Career/ Movies
After completing her graduation, she shifted to Mumbai to make her career in modeling and enrolled herself in Elite Model Management where she was groomed by style consultant Prasad Bidapa. Eventually, she had no aspirations to be an actress but was intended to pursue her career in either modelling or journalism but destiny had other plans for her. In 2007, she ramped the walk for Lakme Fashion Week for designer Wendell Rodricks’s Les Vamps Show making her debut in modeling. Post that she did lots of campaigns for various international brands and started thinking about acting as well. And so along with modeling, she started to give auditions for various movies.
Finally in 2008, she got the opportunity to make her big screen debut with movie “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi” starring Shahrukh Khan in the lead role. The movie was a big hit at the box office and she got positive reviews from the critics and audience for her role. Though her next few releases except Band Baaja Baaraat were super flop at the box office. But she didn’t give up and worked hard to fulfill her dreams of being a successful actress. And after years of struggles, she got her career’s breakthrough role with movie “Jab Tak Hai Jaan” starring Katrina Kaif and Shahrukh Khan in the main leads. This movie broke lots of previous records giving her immense popularity and fame. There is no looking back for her since then and she has given lots of super hit movies including PK, NH10, Sultan, Dil Dhadakne Do, and more. Other than movies, she is a big face in endorsement industry as well. Here is the list of movies she has been part of:
|2008||Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi||Taani Sahni||Aditya Chopra|
|2010||Badmaash Company||Bulbul Singh||Parmeet Sethi|
|2010||Band Baaja Baaraat||Shruti Kakkar||Maneesh Sharma|
|2011||Patiala House||Simran Chaggal||Nikhil Advani|
|2011||Ladies vs Ricky Bahl||Ishika Desai||Maneesh Sharma|
|2012||Jab Tak Hai Jaan||Akira Rai||Yash Chopra|
|2013||Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola||Bijlee Mandola||Vishal Bhardwaj|
|2014||PK||Jagat "Jaggu" Janini||Rajkumar Hirani|
|2015||Bombay Velvet||Rosie Noronha||Anurag Kashyap|
|2015||Dil Dhadakne Do||Farah Ali||Zoya Akhtar|
|2016||Sultan||Aarfa Hussain||Ali Abbas Zafar|
|2016||Ae Dil Hai Mushkil||Alizeh Khan||Karan Johar|
|2017||Phillauri||Shashi Kumari||Anshai Lal|
|2017||Jab Harry Met Sejal||Sejal Zaveri||Imtiaz Ali|
|2018||Sanju||Winnie Diaz||Rajkumar Hirani|
|2018||Sui Dhaaga||Mamta||Sharat Katariya|
|2018||Zero||Aafia Yusufzai Bhinder||Aanand L. Rai|
|2020||Angrezi Medium||Herself||Homi Adajania|
Anushka Sharma Controversies
She is one of the top actresses of the industry but it seems controversies in her life also has no stopping to make headlines in the news. Here are some biggest controversies she has been part of:
- Apparently in 2014 her lip job had become talk of topic for everyone on social media and she was badly trolled for the same. This happened after she appeared on an episode of Koffee with Karan and her lips looked very puffed. But later the actress said, it was her decision only and she has no regrets.
- She also revealed on the show her life’s one of most humiliating moments when producer Aditya Chopra bluntly told her that she is not the most beautiful girl around but she is talented and knows how to act.
- Another controversy that made headlines was when she started dating cricketer Virat Kohli and there was a leaked photo portraying the two kissing became the rage online.
- During 2015 world cup, she was blamed for Virat’s bad performance on the social media. Though despite all these allegations, the love birds stayed strong and showed everyone that their love will always keep them together no matter who says what.
- Like most celebrities who expresses themselves through social media, Anushka is no different. Once while paying a homage to APJ Abdul Kalam, she made a spelling error by adding Azad to the name of former president which disappointed several fans and her twitter account was flooded with tweets regarding the same.
- Among so many controversies, her break up with Ranveer Singh has also made headlines in the news creating a storm in the industry.
View this post on Instagram