Name- Asmita Sood
Date of Birth- 20 December 1989
Age- 31 years (as in 2020)
Mother- Name Not Known
Father- Name Not Known
Sister– Not Known
Brother- Name Not Known
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’6 approx.
Weight- 57kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Asmita Sood Biography
Asmita Sood is an Indian actress, model and social media influencer. She is primarily known for her work in small screen and South movies industry. Born on 20 December 1989, she did her schooling from Loreto Convent School in Tara Hall, Shimla, India. She completed her graduation in Bachelor of Commerce from University of Delhi. The actress rose to fame for portraying the role of “Meher Purohit” in television serial “Phir Bhi Na Maane…Badtameez Dil”. The show made her the household name and gave her immense popularity & fame. She has lots of followers on her Instagram account from all over the world who loves her immensely.
Facts About Asmita Sood
- Salman Khan and Amitabh Bachchan are her Favorite Actors.
- Madhuri Dixit and Rekha are her Favorite Actresses.
- Cricket is her Favorite Sports.
- Virat Kohli is her Favorite Cricketer.
- Goa, London and Manali are her Favorite Destinations.
- Black, Pink and Blue are her Favorite Colors.
- Travelling and Dancing are her Favorite Hobbies.
- She started her career as a model with TV reality show “Get Gorgeous” aired on Channel V India in 2010.
- Next year in 2011, she participated in “Femina Miss India” and ended up as one of the finalist in the competition.
- Being a model, she has worked with many big brands including Big Bazar, Vaibhav Jewellers, Airtel, SBI Credit Cards, and more.
- In 2011, she made her acting debut with Telugu movie Brammigadi Katha as Maya alongside actor Varun Sandesh.
- She has worked in different languages including Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada, and Hindi.
- In 2015, she made her television debut with serial Phir Bhi Na Maane…Badtameez Dil that was aired on Star Plus.
- Not only an actress but she is also a trained Kathak dancer.
- In 2019, she appeared in music video “Filhall” co-starring Akshay Kumar and Nupur Sanon.
Asmita Sood Family
She was born in Shimla, India into a middle class Hindu family. There is not much information available about her family as she likes to keep her personal life away from the social domain. Though she shares close bond with her family especially her mother and often shares pictures with them on her Instagram account. She has made her family proud by being one of the known actresses of the television and south industry.
Asmita Sood Boyfriend/ Husband
She is currently single and not dating anyone. At this moment, she is focusing entirely on her career and her work. Despite being one of the most popular actresses of the television industry, there is no buzz of her dating anyone. She has lots of male friends but none of them are her love interest.
Asmita Sood Career/ Movies
She started her career as a model in 2010 after she participated in TV reality show “Get Gorgeous”. Later in 2011, she participated in beauty pageant “Femina Miss India” and ended up as one of the finalists. In the same year, she made her acting debut with Telugu movie “Brammigadi Katha” as Maya. The movie had actor Varun Sandesh in the lead. Post that, she did number of movies like Victory, 5 Sundarikal, Ok, etc. and became one of the known actresses of the South industry including Telugu, Kannada, and Malayalam. Since then there is no looking back for her and she has achieved a lot in her career. Here is the list of movies she has been part of:
Year Movies Role Language
2011 Brammigadi Katha Maya Telugu
2013 Victory Priya Kannada
2013 5 Sundarikal Aami Malayalam
2013 Aadu Magaadra Bujji Indu Telugu
2014 Ok Telugu
2014 Aa Aiduguru Telugu
2014 Adyaksha Kalyani Kannada
2015 Lukka Chuppi Radhika Malayalam
2018 Victory 2 Priya Kannada
Asmita Sood Television Shows
Not only on big screen but the actress has worked in small screen industry as well. In 2015, she made her television debut with movie “Phir Bhi Na Maane…Badtameez Dil” alongside actor Pearl V Puri. Her role in the show was liked by everyone and right after her first show, she became one of the leading actresses of the television industry. Here is the list of shows she has been part of:
Year Television Shows Role
2015 Get Gorgeous Contestant
2016 Phir Bhi Na Maane...Badtameez Dil Meher Purohit/Meher Abeer Malhotra
2018-2019 Dil Hi Toh Hai Setu Rohit Puri
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
And above all just strive to be happy.. don’t stress about being thinner or richer or more popular..know that in the end happiness comes from within..that we are all flawed..that u r enough..that u must love yourself..becz sometimes happiness is a feeling..but sometimes it is a decision! #mondaymotivation #mondaymood #thoughts #happiness #gratitude #loveyourself #travelgram #travelstories #postcardsfromtheworld #justme #amsterdam #throwback #notetoself