Name- Barkha Sengupta
Date of Birth- 28 December 1979
Age- 41 years (as in 2020)
Mother- Name Not Known
Father- Name Not Known
Sister– Aparna and Sapna
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Husband- Indraneil Sengupta
Daughter- Meera Sengupta
Height- 5’6 approx.
Weight- 57kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Barkha Sengupta Biography
Barkha Sengupta is an Indian actress and model. She is primarily known for her work in Bollywood and small screen industry. Born on 28 December 1979, she did her schooling from Kendriya Vidyalaya Fortwilliam in Kolkata. She completed her graduation in B.com from Symbiosis College in Pune. The actress rose to fame for her work in Pyaar Ke Do Naam: Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam, Sajan Ghar Jaana Hai, Parvarrish – Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi, Sankatmochan Mahabali Hanuman and more. She has worked in Hindi TV serials, Bengali and Hindi movies and is a known face of the entertainment industry. She has lots of followers on her Instagram account from all over the world who loves her immensely.
Facts About Barkha Bisht
- Salman Khan is her Favorite Actor.
- Priyanka Chopra is her Favorite Actress.
- Cricket is her Favorite Sports.
- Virat Kohli is her Favorite Cricketer.
- Italian Cuisine is her Favorite Food.
- Goa and London are her Favorite Destinations.
- Travelling and Reading Books are her Favorite Hobbies.
- She started her career as a model and has won “NDA beauty pageant” in 2000.
- After her modelling stint, she decided to get into the acting field. Eventually, her father did not approve of this decision but she went against his will and shifted to Mumbai. Later, her father got convinced and approved her for acting career.
- In the year 2004, she made her acting debut with serial “Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi” as Udita.
- During this show, she had a fallout with producer Ekta Kapoor but they finally reconciled after 9 years.
- Initially, she worked in many serials like Kasautii Zindagii Kay, Kkavyanjali, Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai, Kyaa Hoga Nimmo Kaa, etc. in a supporting role.
- Her career’s turning point came after she appeared in serial Parvarrish – Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi in the main lead. The show was liked by the audience and gave her immense popularity and fame.
- She has been part of few reality shows like Nach Baliye 3, Saas v/s Bahu, PopKorn, Comedy Circus Ke Ajoobe and more.
- In 2010, she made her Big screen debut with super hit movie “Rajneeti”.
- Also, she is a known face of Bengali industry and has worked in many Bengali movies.
- In the year 2019, she appeared in web series named “Kamini” and “Coldd Lassi Aur Chicken Masala”.
Barkha Sengupta Family
She was born in Hisar, Haryana, India into a middle class Hindu family. Her parents name are not known. Her father is a retired colonel and so she spent most of her childhood in military towns especially in Kolkata. She has two elder sisters named Aparna and Sapna, one being hotel management professional and other a fashion designer. The actress shares close bond with her family and often shares amazing pictures with them on her Instagram account. She has made her family proud by being one of the known actresses of the entertainment industry.
Barkha Sengupta Husband/ Boyfriend
She is married to actor Indraneil Sengupta. The two met each other on the sets of their show “Pyaar Ke Do Naam: Ek Radha Ek Shyam”. They got along with each other well during the show and after the show ended, they realized that they need each other. Knowingly, unknowingly they fell in love with each other and never came out of it and later Indraneil went on his knees and proposed her to which she said “Yes”. The couple tied the knot on 1 March 2008 in private wedding ceremony accompanied by family and close friends. Later in October 2011, the happy couple was bestowed with a baby girl and named her Meira.
However before marrying Indraneil, she was dating actor Karan Singh Grover. They were together until 2006 when their engagement broke due to some personal reasons.
Barkha Sengupta Career/ Television Shows
She started her career as a model. In 2004, she made her acting debut with television serial “Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi” as Udita. Post that, she did many television serials including Kasautii Zindagii Kay, Kkavyanjali, Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai, Kyaa Hoga Nimmo Kaa, etc. But she rose to fame after she did serial “Parvarrish – Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi” as Pinky Jeet Ahuja. The show was a hit and made her the household name. Not only in daily soaps, she has been part of few reality shows including Nach Baliye 3, Comedy Circus Ke Ajoobe, etc. She is one of the talented actresses of the industry. Here is the list of serials she has been part of:
Year Television Serial Role
2004–2005 Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi Udita
2005 Kasautii Zindagii Kay Diya Sengupta
2005 Kkavyanjali Arpita Nanda / Arpita Vansh Malhotra
2005 Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai Simone
2006 Kyaa Hoga Nimmo Kaa Naina
2006 Pyaar Ke Do Naam: Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam Raadha Sharma Shyaama / / Radhika
2006 Popkorn Newz Host
2007 Aahat - Khel Season 3 - Episode 3
2007 Nach Baliye 3 Contestant
2007 - 2009 Doli Saja Ke Anupama Kapoor / Anupama Chaitanya Shekhawat / Anupama Daksh Singhania / Tiya Kapoor
2010 Sajan Ghar Jaana Hai Dhaani Ambar Raghuvanshi
2012 Comedy Circus Ke Ajoobe Host/Presenter
2013 Parvarrish – Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi Pinky Jeet Ahuja
2013 Yeh Hai Aashiqui English professor
2014 - 2015 Tum Saath Ho Jab Apne Mariam Tauseef Baig / Mariam Imran Siddiqui
2015-2017 Sankatmochan Mahabali Hanuman Añjanā
2016-2017 Naamkarann Asha Ashish Mehta / Ayesha Haider
2017 Tenali Rama Kali
2018 Partners - Trouble Ho Gayi Double Shikha
2018 Laal Ishq - Moksh Shalu (Episode 10)
2018 Shrimaan Shrimati Phir Se Prema Shalini
2018 Kaal Bhairav Rahasya Season 2 Bhairavi
2019 Chandragupta Maurya Tarini
Barkha Sengupta Movies
She has been part of Big screen as well. In 2010, she made her Bollywood debut with movie “Rajneeti” starring Katrina Kaif and Ranbir Kapoor. Also, she has worked in many Bengali movies like Black, Action, Villain, Ami Shubhash Bolchi, etc. Here is the list of movies she has been part of:
Year Movies Role
2010 Raajneeti Dancer
2010 Dui Prithibi Item number
2011 Ami Shubhash Bolchi Charulata Bose, B Charu
2013 Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela Kesar
2013 Villain 2014 Samrat & Co. Revati Singh
2014 Action Raka (Rekha)
2015 Black Item number
2019 PM Narendra Modi Wife
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram