Name- Bhumi Pednekar
Date of Birth- 18 July 1989
Age- 31 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Sumitra Pednekar
Father- Satish Pednekar
Sister– Samiksha Pednekar
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’4 approx.
Net Worth- $3 million approx.
Bhumi Pednekar Biography
Bhumi Pednekar is an Indian actress who primarily works in Hindi cinema. She made her acting debut with critically acclaimed super hit romantic-comedy “Dum Laga Ke Haisha” and became household name. The actress brought a uniqueness and a breath of fresh air onscreen with her acting skills in her debut movie. The movie even won a National award, giving her an important and stable place in the industry. She won various awards and recognitions for her performance and there has been no looking back for her since then. Her fans can relate to her as just like every normal person, she too have a struggling story of her own before she stepped into stardom and became an actress.
Lets’ get to know more things about her in detail that you might not have known earlier.
Bhumi Pednekar Family
She was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra into a middle class Hindu family. She is of Marathi and Haryanvi descent. Her father name is Satish Pednekar, a former home & labor minister of Maharashtra and mother name is Sumitra Pednekar, who worked as an anti-tobacco activist after her husband died of oral cancer. She has a younger sister Samiksha Pednekar, who is a lawyer by profession.
Bhumi Pednekar Education
The actress completed her schooling from Arya Vidya Mandir in Juhu. Later, at the age of 15, she was enrolled into Whistling Woods International to study acting but she was expelled due to poor attendance. For her admission in the acting institute, her parents even took out a loan, which the actress later paid off after fulfilling her dream of becoming an actor. She, then joined “Yash Raj Films” as an assistant film director and worked for long 6 years under Shanoo Sharma.
Bhumi Pednekar Boyfriend
She, who made her debut with super hit movie “Dum Laga Ke Haisha” has created a place for herself in the industry. But whenever she is asked about if she is dating someone, the actress always gives a cliché reply saying, “I am in a relationship with my work”. But if reports are to be believed, she has finally made some time for love. Apparently, according to some reports, the actress is dating Bollywood actor Jackky Bhagnani. Though on asking, they both denied the rumors and said we’ve been good friends since many years and rubbished the rumors of them dating.
Bhumi Pednekar Career
She started her career as an assistant director at Yash Raj Films. She used to send reference audition to the newcomers who used to come to become actor from outside Mumbai. Once she did a mock audition without even realizing that it was her first audition and got selected on her birthday for her debut movie in Bollywood.
In real life, she never used to be heavy but she was plump and later on gained 10-15 kg weight for her character “Sandhya” in movie Dum Laga Ke Haisha. Post the release, the movie was declared super hit and she successfully managed to make a stable place for herself in the industry. She won lots of awards for her performance in the movie including Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut.
The actress has worked in several movies which have performed well at the box office including “Toilet: Ek Prem Katha”, “Shubh Mangal Savdhan”, “Lust Stories” and more.
Some Interesting Facts About Bhumi Pednekar
Lets’ find out some interesting and lesser known facts about her:
- Being a new face, it was surprising for one to find out that she isn’t professionally trained as an actress after seeing her performance in her debut movie, Dum Laga Ke Haisha.
- Before making her big screen debut, she worked as an assistant director to casting director Shanoo Sharma of famous “Yash Raj Films”.
- How she got the role in movie is quite enchanting. It happened while she was auditioning for the lead character of “Dum Kaga Ke Haisha”, she thought of an act as a demo which would be used to brief other actors about the role, but surprisingly the cast chose her as an audition and she was declared as the main lead for this movie.
- When actress Rani Mukherjee saw her performance, she liked her work so much that she personally called her from the YRF office and congratulated her.
- She is quite active on social media platforms and wants to become a successful leader in the future.
- The actress considers her a complete filmy girl and have watched KRK’s movie Deshdrohi for over 100 times.
- She always do lots of efforts and sacrifices that are needed for a certain role which she has to play. One can see her transformations in various movies like Dum Laga Ke Haisha, Saand Ki Aankh, Toilet: Ek Prem Katha, Sonchiriya, etc.
- Other than movies, she was featured in Y-Films’s mini web series titled “Man’s World“.
- In 2019, she began a campaign “Climate Warrior” to raise awareness for environmental protection and global warming.
- In 2020, she teamed up with MTV India for their Nishedh Campaign, which aimed at creating awareness about health issues among the youth.
- After the sudden demise of actor Sushant Singh Rajput, Bhumi being his good friend pledged to feed 550 impoverished families as tribute to him.