Name- Daisy Shah
Date of Birth- 25 August 1984
Age- 36 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Pallavi Shah
Father- Name Not Known
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’7 approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Daisy Shah Biography
Daisy Shah is an Indian actress and dancer. She is known for her work in Hindi and Gujarati industry. Born on 25 August 1984, she is a choreographer turned actress who has been relishing success in the Hindi film industry. The actress started her career as an assistant choreographer and has performed as a background dancer in movie Tere Naam. And years after, she got this amazing opportunity to make her big screen acting debut opposite the same actor, Salman Khan as his leading lady in movie “Jai Ho”. The movie got mixed response from the critics but performed positively at the box office. Post that, she did few movies which had performed well at the box-office.
Daisy Shah Family
She was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra into a middle class Gujarati family. Her mother name is Pallavi Shah and father name is not known. She has an elder sister named Deepali. Her father lost his life due to heart failure. The actress holds a degree in Bachelor of Arts from Guru Nanak Khalsa College in Mumbai. Coming from a middle class family, she has done lots of hard work before entering into the Bollywood industry.
Daisy Shah Boyfriend
She is currently single with complete focus on her career. Though once there were rumors that she was in relationship with choreographer Ganesh Acharya. Their rapport even rocked his marriage but on asking Ganesh about Daisy, he said, “Even my group used to tease me when she was with us but we’ve never been in relationship. I am happily married”.
After breaking up with Ganesh, her name was linked with her co-star Salman Khan as well. The rumors started when Salman gifted her a swanky car. As we all know, Salman never shied from going an extra miles for his dear and near ones and he did the same for Daisy too. But these rumors went off after she admitted that she has crush on Salman but they are not dating.
Daisy Shah Career/ Movies
With her popular dialogue, “My Business is my Business, None of your Business” in movie Race 3, the actress gained supreme attention all over the web. Though it was not acting that she started her career with, but she used to be a dancer in choreographer Ganesh Acharya’s group and was assisting him. However, she always wanted to get into the Bollywood industry and Ganesh being his close friend recommended Salman to consider her, while he was choreographing him in movie Dabangg. After sometime, Salman called him saying that he is going to sign Daisy as the main lead. This is how she made her big screen debut as main lead with movie “Jai Ho”.
However, this was not her first movie as before Jai Ho, she has worked in various movies but most of them were in special appearance. Other than Hindi, she has worked in Tamil, Malayalam and Gujarati languages as well. Here is the list of movies she has been part of:
|2007||Pori||Special Appearance in Song|
|2014||Jai Ho||Rinky Shah|
|2015||Hate Story 3||Kaya Sharma|
|2018||Race 3||Sanjana Singh|
Daisy Shah Controversy
The actress has made headlines several times in the news. Few of them are as:
- It is said that because of Daisy, Ganesh and Salman has not worked together since movie “Son of Sardar”. Ganesh who used to choreograph Salman in almost every song is no more close with him that he used to be. Success of Daisy has created distance between not only Ganesh and her but also with Salman and him.
- Once a Bhojpuri actor named “Satyendra Singh” had filed an FIR against her, choreographer Ganesh and actor Rajnish Duggal, accusing them for trying to murder him during the filming of movie “Soda”.
Some Interesting Facts About Daisy Shah
Here are some interesting and lesser known facts about her:
- She hails from a middle class Gujarati family who lives in Mumbai.
- While in the 10th grade, she was named Miss Photogenic in Miss Dombivli contest.
- She has worked as an assistant manager to choreographer Ganesh Acharya for 10 long years and has assisted him in movies like Zameen and Khakee.
- Later she started modelling and appeared in several print ads.
- She started her Bollywood career as a background dancer with Salman Khan’s movie Tere naam in song Lagan Lagi.
- In 2010, she made her acting debut with movie Vandae Maatharam. Other than this, she rose to fame with movie “Bodyguard” which was a Kannada film.
- She is a big fan of Salman Khan and has a crush on him since she was a child.
- As per reports, Salman has given almost 1.5 Lac INR for her to remove the access fat from her body.
- During the shooting of movie “Jai Ho”, the shooting got delayed due to her weight gain, following which her dress became too tight.
- The superstar, Salman has gifted her a luxurious car as a token of his friendship.