Name- Deepika Singh
Date of Birth- 26 July 1989
Age- 31 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Name Not Known
Father- Name Not Known
Sister– Purva Singh
Brother- Manish Singh
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Husband- Rohit Raj Goyal
Son- Soham Goel
Height- 5’3 approx.
Weight- 60kg approx.
Net Worth- $2 million approx.
Deepika Singh Biography
Deepika Singh is an Indian actress and dancer. She is primarily known for her work in small screen industry. Born on 26 July 1989, she completed her schooling from a private school in New Delhi, India. She completed her graduation in MBA from Punjab Technical University in Punjab. The actress rose to fame for portraying the role of “Sandhya” in Star Plus’s popular television serial Diya Aur Baati Hum. The show was a hit amongst the audience and made her the household name giving her immense popularity and fame. She has millions of followers on her Instagram account from all over the world who loves her immensely.
Facts About Deepika Singh
- Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan, Ram Kapoor and Barun Sobti are her Favorite Actors.
- Preity Zinta and Priyanka Chopra are her Favorite Actresses.
- Pink and Black are her Favorite Colors.
- Switzerland and Goa are her Favorite Destinations.
- Homemade healthy food is her Favorite Food.
- Dancing, Reading and Cooking are her Favorite Hobbies.
- Always aspired to make her career in acting field, she shifted to Mumbai after completing her studies.
- Initially, she had to struggle a lot and she used to sleep empty stomach to save money so she can survive in the city.
- During her college days, she used to participate in various theatres and college shows.
- In 2011, she made her acting debut with serial “Diya Aur Baati Hum” as Sandhya. Her role was loved by the audience making her the household name in no time.
- However before acting, she used to assist her father in his garment business back in Delhi.
- The actress has won many awards for her work in serial Diya Aur Baati Hum including Indian Telly Awards, Zee Gold Awards, Big Star Young Entertainer Award and more.
- She has been part of many serials including Zindagi Ka Har Rang….Gulaal, Nach Baliye 5, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, Tu Mera Hero, etc. as a guest.
- Other than acting, she loves dancing and is a trained classical dancer.
- She is also a known tik-toker and often shares cute videos on her tik-tok account with her husband.
Deepika Singh Family
She was born in New Delhi, India into a middle class Rajput family. Her parents name are not known. She has a younger brother named Manish Singh and younger sister named Purvi Singh. The actress shares close bond with her family and often shares amazing pictures with them on her Instagram account. She has made her family proud by being one of the known actresses of the television industry.
Deepika Singh Husband/ Boyfriend
She is married to director Rohit Raj Goel. They met each other on the sets of her first show “Diya And Baati Hum’. Rohit was director of the show. They were close on the sets but didn’t realize that they liked each other until Deepika’s name was linked with a boy. And soon they confessed feelings for each other and decided to take their relationship a step ahead. After dating for a while, they tied the knot on 2 May 2014 in a private wedding ceremony accompanied by their close friends and family.
Later in 2017, she gave birth to a baby boy named Soham and took a brief break from acting. The couple are madly in love with each other and it can be seen through the photos that they share on their respective Instagram accounts.
Deepika Singh Career/ Television Shows
Always aspired to make her career in the entertainment industry, she shifted to Mumbai after completing her post-graduation from Punjab Technical University. After struggling for some time, she made her acting debut with television serial “Diya Aur Baati Hum” as main lead in 2011. The show was a big hit and she instantly became the household name with her debut show. She played the role “Sandhya” for long 5 years until it went off air in 2016. Later in 2014, she participated in Box Cricket League as contestant. Other than acting, she is a trained dancer as well and has appeared in dance reality show Nach Baliye 5 & 6 to support her friends.
She took a brief acting break while she was pregnant but made her comeback again with television serial “Kavach… MahaShivratri”. Since then there is no looking back for her and she has achieved a lot in her career. Here is the list of television serials she has been part of:
|2011–2016||Diya Aur Baati Hum||IPS Sandhya Kothari/Sandhya Sooraj Rathi||Star Plus|
|2011||Zindagi Ka Har Rang....Gulaal||Herself||Star Plus|
|2012||Nach Baliye 5||Herself||Star Plus|
|2013||Nach Baliye 6||Herself||Star Plus|
|2014||Box Cricket League||Contestant||Sony TV|
|2014||Yeh Hai Mohabbatein||Sandhya||Star Plus|
|2015||Tu Mera Hero||Sandhya||Star Plus|
|2012; 2016||Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai||Sandhya||Star Plus|
|2017||Tu Sooraj, Main Saanjh Piyaji||Sandhya||Star Plus|
|2019||Kitchen Champion 5||Contestant||Colors TV|
|2019||Box Cricket League 4||Contestant||MTV India|
|2019||Kavach... MahaShivratri||Sandhya Patwardhan/Sandhya Angad Jindal/Sakshi Patwardhan/Sakshi Kapil Salgaonkar||Colors TV|
Deepika Singh Awards
The actress has won several awards for her performance in the shows. Here is the list of few awards won by her:
- 2012- Won Indian Telly Awards for Best Actress Popular for serial Diya Aur Baati Hum.
- 2012- Won Zee Gold Awards for Best Gold Debut Female for serial Diya Aur Baati Hum.
- 2012- Won Big Star Young Entertainer Award for Superhit TV Star Female for serial Diya Aur Baati Hum.
- 2012- Won Lions Gold Awards for Best Jodi (shared with Anas Rashid) for serial Diya Aur Baati Hum.
- 2012- Won Hira Manek Awards for Best TV Actress for Diya Aur Baati Hum.
- 2013- Won Indian Telly Awards for Best Actress in Lead Role for serial Diya Aur Baati Hum.
- 2014- Won Indian Television Academy Awards for Desh Ki Dhakan for Diya Aur Baati Hum.
View this post on Instagram