Name- Divyanka Tripathi
Date of Birth- 14 December 1984
Age- 36 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Neelam Tripathi
Father- Narendra Tripathi
Sister– Priyanka Tiwari
Brother- Aishwarya Tripathi
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Husband- Vivek Dahiya
Height- 5’5 approx.
Weight- 65kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Divyanka Tripathi Biography
Divyanka Tripathi is an Indian actress and dancer. She is primarily known for her work in small screen industry. Born on 14 December 1984, she did her schooling from Carmel Convent School in Bhopal, India. She completed her graduation from Sarojini Naidu Govt. Girls P.G College in Bhopal, India. The actress rose to fame for portraying the role of Dr. Ishita Bhalla in Star Plus’s popular television serial Ye Hai Mohabbatein opposite actor Karan Patel. Though she rose to fame after serial Banoo Main Teri Dulhann but became the household name after she did YHM. She has millions of followers on her Instagram account from all over the world who loves her immensely for her acting skills and beauty.
Facts About Divyanka Tripathi
- Salman Khan and Sonu Sood are her Favorite Actors.
- Nargis Dutt is her Favorite Actress.
- Hum Dil De Chuke is her Favorite Bollywood movie.
- The Godfather is her Favorite Hollywood movie.
- Black and White are her Favorite Colors.
- Daal baati, Chocolate, Ice cream and home-made food by her mother are her Favorite Food.
- Goa, Maldives and Switzerland are her Favorite Destinations.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni is her Favorite Cricketer.
- Travelling, Cooking and Listening to music are her Favorite Hobbies.
- Always aspired to become an actress, she used to participate in her school functions, drama, and plays since her childhood days.
- She worked as an anchor for All India Radio while she was in school.
- Being an adventurous child, she did a mountaineering course from “Nehru Institute of Mountaineering” in Uttarakhand, India.
- Eventually her father wanted to be a part of NCC. Moreover, she wanted to become an army officer.
- Though she had plans towards glamor industry and so she participated in Pantene Zee Teen Queen in 2003 and won the title of Miss Beautiful Skin.
- In the same year, she won the title of “Miss Bhopal”.
- In 2004, she participated in India’s Best Cinestars Ki Khoj and was declared as the runner up of the show.
- During her struggling days, her father used to take her to various auditions all the way from their hometown in Bhopal to Mumbai.
- Finally in 2005, she made her acting debut with television serial “Viraasat” as Melanie Kapoor.
- Her career’s turning point came after she appeared on television serial “Banoo Main Teri Dulhan” as Vidya. The show was a big hit amongst the audience making her the household name.
- Post that, she appeared in number of television serials including Nachle Ve with Saroj Khan, Mrs. & Mr. Sharma Allahabadwale, Chintu Chinki Aur Ek Badi Si Love Story, Savdhaan India and more.
- Later, she got tremendous popularity for her work in serial “Yeh Hai Mohabbatein” as Ishita Bhalla. She won lots of awards for her work in the serial.
- In 2017, she won the dance reality show “Nach Baliye 8” along with her husband Vivek Dahiya.
- The actress was ranked number 23 among the “35 Hottest Actresses In Indian Television” by MensXP.
- In 2017, she became the first television actress who appeared in the Forbes Celebrity 100.
- She is one of the most popular and successful actresses of the television industry.
Divyanka Tripathi Family
She was born in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India into a middle class Hindu family. Her father name is Narendra Tripathi, a pharmacist and mother name is Neelam Tripathi, a housewife. She has an elder sister named Priyanka Tiwari and a brother named Aishwarya Tripathi who is a pilot by profession. The actress shares close bond with her family and often shares amazing pictures with them on her Instagram account. She has made her family proud by being one of the known actresses of the television industry.
Divyanka Tripathi Husband/ Boyfriend
She is married to actor Vivek Dahiya. They met each other on the sets of Yeh Hai Mohabbatein. It wasn’t love at first sight and they were introduced by their common friend who felt they had a lot of things common. After a while they started looking at each other from a life partner’s perspective and thought that they can take their relationship further. Taking their relationship to next level, Vivek proposed her to which she said yes. Finally the couple got engaged in a private engagement ceremony and on 8 July 2016, they tied the knot in a lavish wedding ceremony accompanied by close friends and family only. The couple is madly in love with each other and it can be seen in the photos they share on their respective Instagram accounts.
However before marrying Vivek, she was in a long relationship with actor Sharad Malhotra. But the couple broke up after 9 years of their relationship due to their personal reasons.
Divyanka Tripathi Career/ Television Shows
She started her career as an anchor with All India Radio and later in 2003, she won the title of Miss Beautiful Skin taking her first step in the industry. In 2004, she participated in talent hunt show India’s Best Cinestars Ki Khoj and ended up being Top 8 from the Bhopal zone. She then again participated from Indore and came out as the runner up of the show. But she didn’t lose hope and participated in a beauty pageant which she won and was crowned “Miss Bhopal”. In 2005, she made her acting debut with television serial “Viraasat” as Melanie Kapoor. Then in 2006, she did serial Zee TV’s drama fiction “Banoo Main Teri Dulhan” as Vidya and got immense recognition for the same.
She won lots of awards for her performance in the show. Following this, she did number of television shows including Nachle Ve with Saroj Khan, Mrs. & Mr. Sharma Allahabadwale, Chintu Chinki Aur Ek Badi Si Love Story, Teri Meri Love Stories, etc. Her career’s turning point came after she did serial Yeh Hai Mohabbatein as Dr.Ishita Bhalla. The show gave her tremendous popularity making her the household name. Since then there is no looking back for her and she has achieved a lot in her career. Here is the list of television shows and reality shows she has been part of:
Year Television Shows Role Channel 2003 Zee Teen Queen Herself / Contestant Zee TV 2004 India's Best Cinestars Ki Khoj Herself / Contestant Zee TV 2005 Viraasat Melanie Kapoor STAR Plus 2006–09 Banoo Main Teri Dulhann Vidya / Divya Zee TV 2008 Nachle Ve with Saroj Khan Herself NDTV Imagine 2009 Intezaar Radhika / Meera STAR One 2010 Mrs. & Mr. Sharma Allahabadwale Rashmi Sharma SAB TV 2011 Chintu Chinki Aur Ek Badi Si Love Story Suman Tripathi SAB TV 2011 Adaalat Kumud Sharma / Flavia Golmes Sony TV 2012 Teri Meri Love Stories Nikita Star Plus 2012 Ramayan Devi Apsara Zee TV 2013 Savdhaan India Resham Star Bharat 2013–2019 Yeh Hai Mohabbatein Dr. Ishita Bhalla Star Plus 2014 Box Cricket League 1 Player Sony TV 2016 Bahu Hamari Rajni Kant TV Reporter Life OK 2016 Box Cricket League 2 Player Colors TV 2019 The Voice 3 Host Star Plus 2019 Nach Baliye 9 Herself / Guest Host Star Plus 2019 Coldd Lassi Aur Chicken Masala Nitya ALTBalaji 2019 Yeh Hai Chahatein Dr. Ishita Bhalla Star Plus
Divyanka Tripathi Movies
Other than television shows, she has also been part of several big screen movies. In 2012, she made her big screen debut with movie Lala Hardaul as Rani Padmavati. Then in 2014, she appeared in movie A Divorce to Remember as Zara. However, she didn’t get much fame on big screen as much as she received on television industry.
Divyanka Tripathi Awards
She has won several awards for her performances in the serial. Here are few awards won by her:
- 2007- Won Indian Television Academy Awards under the category of Best Actress (Popular) for serial Banoo Main Teri Dulhann.
- 2007- Won Indian Telly Awards under the category of Fresh New Face (Female)/ Most Popular On-Screen Couple for serial Banoo Main Teri Dulhann.
- 2008- Won Gold Awards under the category of Emami Golden Skin /Best Actress in a Lead Role for serial Banoo Main Teri Dulhann.
- 2014- Won Indian Telly Awards under the category of Best Actress in a Lead Role/ Best Onscreen Couple for serial Ye Hai Mohabbatein.
- 2015- Won Asian Viewers Television Awards under the category of Best Actress of the Year for serial Ye Hai Mohabbatein.
- 2016- Won Gold Awards under the category of Best Actress in a Lead Role for serial Ye Hai Mohabbatein.
- 2019- Won Indian Telly Awards under the category of Television Personality of the Year.
- 2019- Won Gold Awards under the category of TV Personality of the Year.
Divyanka Tripathi Controversies
The actress has been part of several controversies as well. Here are few:
- Once while she was shooting for her serial “YHM”, an unknown person started misbehaving with her along with passing some disrespectful remarks. Later, her co-stars Aly Goni and Karan Patel handled him and taught a lesson for his behavior.
- She was accused of faking her injury when she participated on dance reality show “Nach Baliye 8” but the actress then posted a video of her injury proving her injury was real.
- In 2017, she was trolled for her Haryanvi character on serial YHM and was called pathetic for using dark make up. To which she replied,
If I chose to be dark… How’s it pathetic? Do you find it pathetic? You guys don’t even think before bashing! Which Indian actor will voluntarily choose to look dark on screen? It’s not usual!!!”, “Know me first before judging! I’m doing that make up myself! Everyday! So please… Watch the track, understand and respect instead of writing baseless provocative comments.
View this post on Instagram
You are a QUEEN EVERYDAY. Don’t let them tell you otherwise. Happy Women’s Day like every other day. Love, Divyanka . Outfit @mad.glam Jewellery @the_jewel_gallery Styling @stylingbyvictor @sohail__mughal__ Makeup @sharukh_khan902_ Hair @darenmemonofficial Photography @_visual.affairs_
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram