Name- Drashti Dhami
Date of Birth- 10 January 1985
Age- 34 years(as in 2019)
Mother- Name Not Known
Father- Name Not Known
Brother- Jaysheel Dhami
Marital Status/Marriage- Married to Neeraj Khemka
Husband- Neeraj Khemka
Height- 5’5 approx.
Weight- 55kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Salary- Rs.1 lakh/episode
Drashti Dhami is an Indian television actress, model, host, and dancer. She is primarily known for her work in small screen industry. Born on 10 January 1985, she did her schooling from Mary Immaculate Girl’s High School Borivali in Mumbai. She completed her graduation in Sociology from Mithibai College, Mumbai. The actress rose to fame for her roles in serials like Dill Mill Gayee, Geet- Hui Sabse Parayi, Madhubala, Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani or many more. She has established herself as one of the leading actresses of the television industry.
Facts About Drashti Dhami
- Karan Singh Grover and Ranbir Kapoor are her Favorite Actors.
- Anushka Sharma is her Favorite Actress.
- Rockstar is her Favorite Bollywood Movie.
- Chocolates, Khaakra, and Cakes are her Favorite Food.
- Dancing is her Hobby.
- Before entering the Television industry, she was a popular face in the ad commercial world.
- She is featured in various popular music videos like Saiyaan Dil Mein Aana Re, Humko Aaj Kal Hai, Nachle Soniyo Tu and Meri Nazar Ki Dori.
- In the year 2011, Drashti became the brand ambassador for Hindustan Tin Works Ltd in support of Save Our Planet initiative.
- In the initial phase of her career she has worked as a dancing instructor and was the winner of Jhalak Dikkhla Jaa season 6.
- She was ranked #12 in World’s Sexiest Asian Woman by Eastern Eye in the year 2012 and once came #3 after Katrina Kaif and Priyanka Chopra beating Deepika Padukone in the rankings.
- She shares a great bond and is a close friend of TV stars like Sanaya Irani, Karan Singh Grover, and Kanika Maheshwari.
- Tv actor Karan V Grover is her cousin and actress Suhasi Dhami is her sister-in-law.
- Once she was offered a role in Rohit Shetty’s movie Singham Returns in 2014 but she refused the offer due to lack of dates.
- Drashti wears spectacles in real life.
- She is brand ambassador of SoColor, a popular brand by Matrix.
Drashti Dhami Family
She was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra into a Gujarati family background. Her mother and father name is not known. She has a brother named Jaysheel Dhami. The actress shares a great with her family and is very close to them. Television actress Suhasi Dhami is her sister-in-law and actor Karan V Grover is her cousin.
Drashti Dhami Husband/ Boyfriend
The actress is married to her long-time beau Neeraj Khemka. The couple got married on 21 February 2015 in a big fat Indian wedding which was attended by many Television stars. She had been dating her businessmen boyfriend Neeraj Khemka for the past 6 years before marrying him. There was a time when the two were on the verge of parting their ways due to busy schedule of Drashti. But it is their love with each other that the couple decided to take their relationship onto the next level.
Drashti Dhami Career/ Tv Shows
She began her career with modeling. She has been part of many Tv commercial ads. The actress made her acting debut with Star Plus’s serial “Dill Mill Gayye” where she played the role of Dr.Muskaan. She has been part of many popular shows and even is a winner of dance reality show Jhalak Dikkhla Jaa 6. Here is the list of tv and reality shows the actress has been part of :
Year Television Shows Role
2007 Dill Mill Gayye Dr. Muskaan Chaddha
2010 Geet – Hui Sabse Parayi Geet Handa
2012 Madhubala – Ek Ishq Ek Junoon Madhubala
2015 Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani Gayatri Seth
2016 Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil Naina Batra
2018 Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka Nandini Thakur
Drashti Dhami Controversies
Have a look at the controversies she is part of :
- She was kicked out of Jhalak Dikkhla Jaa due to lack of chemistry with her co-host Ranvir Shorey. Besides this, there was news that she takes a lot of time in getting ready which leads to delayed shoots.
- The actress was once linked to her co-star Gurmeet Choudhary. The two apparently got along very well leading to speculations about their affairs. Gurmeet’s wife had to issue an ultimatum to her husband. However, it was just the rumor that the actress strongly denied.
- Tv actor Vivian Dsena had issues with her during their popular show Madhubala as she was paid more than him.