Name- Erica Fernandes
Date of Birth- 7 May 1993
Age- 27 years(as in 2020)
Religion- Konkani Managlorean Catholic
Mother- Lavina Fernandes
Father- Ralph Fernandes
Brother- Jermaine Fernandes
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’5 approx.
Weight- 53kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Erica Fernandes Biography
Erica Fernandes is an Indian television actress and model. She is primarily known for her work in Hindi television industry. Born on 7 May 1993, she did her schooling from Holy Cross High School in Kurla, Mumbai. She completed her pre-degree course from SIES College, Sion and later enrolled for BA degree from St. Andrew’s College in Bandra. The actress rose to fame for portraying the role of “Dr. Sonakshi Bose” in serial Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi and “Prerna Sharma” in serial Kasautii Zindagii Kay. These shows gave her immense popularity on the work front making her the household name. She has millions of followers on her Instagram account from all over the world who loves her immensely.
Facts About Erica Fernandes
- Robert Downey Jr. and Salman Khan are her Favorite Actors.
- Priyanka Chopra and Kangana Ranaut are her Favorite Actresses.
- Pizza and home-made food are her Favorite Food.
- Travelling, Partying and Dancing are her Favorite Hobbies.
- She was always interested in acting and modelling since her childhood as her father was also a model.
- In 2010, she started her modelling career and has been part of various beauty pageants as Bombay Times Fresh Face, Pantaloons Femina Miss Fresh Face, Pantaloons Femina Miss Maharashtra, etc.
- To pursue her career in the glamor world, she discontinued her studies in between.
- After spotting her in modeling, Director Sasi offered her to play the lead in his Tamil movie Ainthu Ainthu Ainthu.
- Though this was not supposed to be her first movie but due to delay of her other movies, Ainthu Ainthu Ainthu became her debut movie.
- Following this, she did number of movies like Ninnindale, Babloo Happy Hai, Virattu, Galipatam, Dega, etc.
- She has worked in various languages including Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, and Hindi.
- However her career on big screen was not very successful even though few of her films worked decent at the box office but she was still away from limelight she deserved.
- In 2016, she moved to television industry and made her debut with serial Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi as “Dr. Sonakshi Bose”. Her character in the show was loved by everyone and she became the household name right after her debut show.
- The actress won lots of awards for her performance including Asian Viewers Television Awards and Lions Gold Awards.
- Later in 2018, she did serial Kasautii Zindagii Kay as Prerna Sharma and got tremendous popularity worldwide.
- In the year 2017, she was ranked 4th in Times of India’s 20 Most Desirable Women on Indian Television List.
- Next year in 2018, she was placed 15th and 3rd in Biz Asia’s TV Personality List and 3rd in Times of India’s Top 20 Most Desirable Women on Indian Television 2018 List respectively.
- The actress is very fond of tattoos.
- She is an avid dog lover.
Erica Fernandes Family
She was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra into a high class Konkani Mangalorean Catholic family. Her father name is Ralph Fernandes, a former model and Interior designer and mother name is Lavina Fernandes who used to work with AirIndia. She has an elder brother named Jermaine Fernandes who works at Ernst & Young in Mumbai. The actress shares close bond with her family and often shares amazing pictures with them on her Instagram account. She has made her family proud by being one of the known actresses of the television industry.
Erica Fernandes Boyfriend/ Husband
She is rumored to be dating actor Parth Samthaan. They met each other on the sets of Kasauti Zindagi Kii. They are very fond of each other and always find their way to be with each other on the sets which gave speculations to people about their dating rumors. Though, they always kept their relationship under the wraps and considers each other as good friends only.
Before dating Parth, she was rumored to be in relationship with actor Shaheer Sheikh. Soon after their show Kuch Rang Pyaar Ke Aise Bhi was aired, they were linked to each other. Though they never admitted their relationship. And after their show ended, all rumors were put to halt after they unfollowed each other on Instagram account.
Erica Fernandes Career/ Movies
She was always inclined more towards the acting field and so left her studies to pursue modelling. Since 2010, she started taking parts in various beauty pageants and attracted various director’s attention on her. Finally in 2013, she made her acting debut with Tamil movie Ainthu Ainthu Ainthu as Manjari. Though her first movie was supposed to be Virattu but due to the delay, Ainthu Ainthu Ainthu became her first release. Following this, she did many movies including Ninnindale, Babloo Happy Hai, etc. in various language like Tamil, Kannada, Hindi, Telugu and more. Even though she did so many movies on big screen but didn’t gain enough recognition that she got on television. Here is the list of movies she has been part of:
Year Movies Role Language
2013 Ainthu Ainthu Ainthu Manjari Tamil
2014 Ninnindale Pramila Kannada
2014 Babloo Happy Hai Natasha Hindi
2014 Virattu Shreegg Tamil
2014 Galipatam Swathi Telugu
2014 Dega Sri Telugu
2015 Buguri Ishanya Kannada
2017 Vizhithiru Christina Tamil
Erica Fernandes Television Shows
After making her debut on big screen, she moved to television industry. In 2016, she made her debut with daily soap Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi as Dr. Sonakshi Bose. The show was a big hit and her character in the show was loved by the audience. She became the household name in no time and won many awards for her performance. Later in 2018, she did serial Kasautii Zindagii Kay as Prerna Sharma and got tremendous popularity worldwide. There is no looking back for her since then and she has achieved a lot in her career. Here is the list of television shows she has been part of:
Year Television Shows Role Channel
2016–2017 Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi Dr. Sonakshi Bose Sony TV
2018 Kasautii Zindagii Kay Prerna Sharma Star Plus
Erica Fernandes Awards
The actress has won several awards for her performance in the shows. Here are few:
- 2016- Won Asian Viewers Television Awards under category of Female Actor Of The Year for serial Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi.
- 2017- Won Lions Gold Awards under category of Best Onscreen Jodi for serial Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi.
- 2019- Won Kalakar Awards under category of Most Popular Actress for serial Kasautii Zindagii Kay.
- 2019- Won Gold Awards under category of Best Actor Female (Critics) for serial Kasautii Zindagii Kay.
- 2019- Won Asian Viewers Television Awards under category of Female Actor Of The Year for serial Kasautii Zindagii Kay.
View this post on Instagram