Name- Jasleen Matharu
Date of Birth- 4 April 1990
Age- 30 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Jaspreet Matharu
Father- Kesar Matharu
Brother- Kanwaljeet Singh Matharu
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’8 approx.
Weight- 58kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Jasleen Matharu Biography
Jasleen Matharu is an Indian singer, actress and model. She is primarily known for her work in Bollywood and television industry. Born on 4th April 1990, she completed her education from her hometown in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. The actress rose to fame after she appeared in controversial reality show “Bigg Boss 12” as contestant being the girlfriend of devotional singer Anup Jalota, who was 37 years older than her. Furthermore, she is known for her work in Bollywood movie “The Dirty Relation”. She has lots of followers on her Instagram account from all over the world who loves her immensely for her looks and style.
Facts About Jasleen Matharu
- Salman Khan is her Favorite Actor.
- Deepika Padukone is her Favorite Actress.
- Cricket is her Favorite Sports.
- Virat Kohli, Sreesanth and Yusuf Pathan are her Favorite Cricketers.
- Mika Singh is her Favorite Singer.
- Always aspired to become a singer, she started learning music at the age of 11 only.
- At the age of 16, she won the Best Female Singer title at the inter-college competition.
- She has given many live performances with singers like Mika Singh, Sukhwinder Singh and more.
- Not only towards singing, but she is inclined towards acting and dancing as well.
- She is a trained dancer in bharatnatyam, hip-hop, salsa, belly-dancing and Bollywood dancing.
- Also, she is brown belt in Kickboxing.
- In the year 2012, she made her solo singer debut with song “Love Day Love Day” directed by her father.
- Later in 2013, she made her acting debut with movie “The Dirty Relation”. The movie didn’t work well at the box office but she got everyone’s attention on her through her acting skills.
- Post that, she did many modelling and singing assignments but rose to fame after she participated in Bigg Boss 12 as contestant in 2018.
- She made headlines in the news for her relationship with singer Anup Jalota who was 27 years older than her in age. But after their eviction, both of them denied their relationship and said that they know each other from 3 years and share relationship of Guru-Shishya only.
- In an interview to Hindustan Times, Anup Jalota said,
“People are not able to understand our relationship. We don’t have any kind of love story. We just share a musical relationship. She is my student and I am her teacher. I help her in learning music. There is no girlfriend-boyfriend kind of relationship between us and we are also not involved in any romantic and physical relation.”
Jasleen Matharu Family
She was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India into a high class Sikh family. Her father name is Kesar Matharu who is a director and mother name is Jaspreet Matharu, a homemaker. She has a younger brother named Kamaljeet Singh Matharu who is an actor and producer. She looks up to her father as an inspiration. The actress shares close bond with her family and often shares amazing pictures with them on her Instagram account. She has made her family proud by being one of the known actresses of the glamour industry.
Jasleen Matharu Boyfriend/ Husband
She is currently single. At this moment, she is focusing entirely on her career and her work. Despite being one of the known faces of the entertainment industry, there is no buzz of her dating anyone. She has lots of male friends but none of them are her love interest. However earlier, her name was linked with devotional singer Anup Jalota as both of them have entered into Bigg Boss 12 house, giving everyone the impression that they were a couple. But after they got evicted from the show, they denied any such thing by blaming the makers for giving their guru-shishya jodi the romantic twist just for the show.
Jasleen Matharu Career/ Television Shows
She started her career as a singer and learned classical & western music at the age of 11 only. She went on to win the “Best Female Singer” at inter-college competition when she was 16 years in age. The actress has given lots of live performances with popular singers including Mika Singh, Amjad Khan, Sukhwinder Singh and more. In 2012, she made her singing debut as Singer & Performer with song ‘Love Day Love Day’. The music was given by DJ Sheizwood and it was directed by her father Kesar Matharu. She considers her father as her inspiration for everything she has achieved till now in life.
Eventually, she rose to fame after she appeared in controversial reality show “Bigg Boss season 12” in 2018. She entered in the show as singer Anup Jalota’s love interest and grabbed eyeballs on the premier episode of the show. Her shocking revelation about the relationship made many headlines in the news until she herself didn’t clarify about it after coming out of the house. Later in 2020, she appeared in another reality show “Mujhse Shaadi Karoge” as contestant. The show was based on finding the best bride and groom for Paras Chhabra and Shehnaaz Gill respectively amongst a lot of suitors.
Jasleen Matharu Movies
Coming from a family where interest in different forms was encouraged, she became trained dancer and got her instinct in acting as well. In the year 2013, she made her acting debut in Bollywood with movie “The Dirty Relation”. The movie didn’t work well at the box office but she successfully gained people’s attention on her. Since then there is no looking back for her and she has achieved a lot in her career.
Jasleen Matharu Controversy
She has been in news headlines several times other than her relationship controversy. Have a look:
- Once, she posted a video as a fan of comedian Deepak Kalal. In the video she said:
- But after watching the video, comedian Deepak made personal remarks on her and made several videos in which he gave marriage proposals to her. He made one video about, “Live Suhagraat with Jasleen” which was over the line for the actress. And then she shared a live conversation with Deepak Kalal. Have a look:
View this post on Instagram