Name- Jhanvi Kapoor
Date of Birth- 7 March 1997
Age- 24 years(as in 2021)
Mother- Sridevi Kapoor
Father- Boney Kapoor
Sister- Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor (Step-sister)
Brother- Arjun Kapoor (Step-brother)
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’4 approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Janhvi Kapoor Biography
Late Bollywood Diva Sridevi is not amongst us today but her beautiful elder daughter Janhvi Kapoor is taking her legacy forward. Janhvi is all grown up and made her Bollywood debut with movie “Dhadak” opposite actor Ishaan Khattar. The movie Dhadak was remake of super hit Marathi movie Sairat. Post the movie released at the box office, it was declared a hit giving Janhvi lots of fame and recognition among the audience. She took the nation by storm with her charm, elegance and talent.
Here we’ve attempted to share a detailed Jhanvi Kapoor biography, family details, love life, career and more details related to her for her fans. So lets’ start!
Who is Jhanvi Kapoor?
Jhanvi Kapoor is an Indian actress, social media influencer and model. She is daughter of legendary actress Sridevi Kapoor and now a big name in the Bollywood industry. Even before entering into the industry, she was quite popular among the paparazzi and big fans of Sridevi. But today with her hard work, dedication and love for acting, she has made her own fan base from all across the world who is increasing every passing day. She made her Bollywood debut with movie “Dhadak” and made audience love her role.
Initially, Sridevi never wanted her to join acting. In fact, she said that I’d like to see her getting married than seeing her being an actress. However, just like her mother, Jhanvi also followed her mother’s footsteps and joined the industry. With time, her mother Sridevi came around her decision of becoming an actress. Unfortunately, she never got to see her daughter big screen debut on screen.
Janhvi Kapoor Family
She was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra into a high class Hindu-Punjabi family. Her father name is Boney Kapoor, a known producer of Bollywood industry and mother name is Sridevi Kapoor, a renowned actress of her time. She has a younger sister named Khushi Kapoor. She comes from a filmy family where stars like Sonam Kapoor, Harshvardhan Kapoor, Rhea Kapoor, and Mohit Marwah are her cousins from the paternal side. Bollywood actor Arjun Kapoor is her step-brother and Anshula Kapoor is her step-sister.
Janhvi Kapoor Boyfriend
Alleged relationship rumors are very common for every actor in the film industry. According to some reports earlier, she was dating Shikhar Pahariya, maternal grandchild of politician Sushil Kumar Shinde. But it didn’t last long and they called off the relationship. Later, she was committed to Akshat Ranjan who is also her childhood friend. The rumors of them dating started after she and Akshat were spotted at the screening of movie ‘Dear Zindagi’ with Janhvi’s parents. His appearance with Kapoor Family publicly gave rise to speculations that the family had approved to their relationship.
Post this, her name was linked with actor Ishaan Khattar who was her co-star in her debut movie Dhadak. Both of them are often spotted together which gave rise to the speculations that they might be dating. Though they consider each other as good friends only.
Jhanvi Kapoor Lifestyle
Coming from the Kapoor Khandan, Jhanvi owns a lot of properties and cars on her own name and lives a luxurious life. The photos in her social media profiles are enough to prove that she is a lady consumed by wanderlust. She loves going out to different places with her family and friends. She is very stylish and always keeps her fashion game on top.
Jhanvi Kapoor Career
She was destined to make her career in Bollywood. Though her mother wanted her to choose something else other than acting as her career. But her dedication towards acting made Sridevi to let her pursue acting as a career. Taking her mother’s legacy forward, Jhanvi made her Bollywood debut opposite Ishaan Khattar in ‘Dhadak’. The movie is the Hindi remake of superhit Marathi film ‘Sairat’. It turned out to be big hit at the box office giving her warm welcome in the industry. Since then there is no looking back for her and she made her way to the list of top-actresses of the industry.
Jhanvi Kapoor Controversy
She is one of those actress who stays away from controversy but attracted one controversy after intimate photos of her with her alleged then boyfriend were leaked online in August 2016. The duo was seen locking lips in one of the photos.
Janhvi Kapoor Facts
Have a look at some of the lesser known facts about her:
- Salman Khan, Shahid Kapoor and Varun Dhawan are her Favorite Actors.
- Kareena Kapoor and Sridevi Kapoor are her Favorite Actresses.
- Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jaenge and Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam are her Favorite Movies.
- Dancing, Travelling and Listening to Music are her Favorite Hobbies.
- South Indian & Italian cuisine are her Favorite Food.
- Manish Malhotra is her Favorite Designer.
- She was born with a silver spoon as her father is a Bollywood’s renowned filmmaker-Producer, and mother a very famous multilingual actress of the industry.
- The actual spelling of her name is “Janhvi”, but her name “Jhanvi” trended first, it spread all over the internet.
- She, along with Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan’s son Aryan, got the training in acting from a renowned film institute in USA named ‘The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute’.
- Initially, her mother Sridevi was not happy about her decision to join Bollywood. Instead, she wanted her to get married and settle down as she didn’t want to see her struggling in Bollywood.
- But after seeing Jhanvi’s dedication to become an actress, Sridevi agreed to it but unfortunately she didn’t get to see her making debut on big screen as she bid adieu to the living planet on 24 February 2018.
- Before making her debut in Bollywood, she was first offered a Telugu movie opposite actor Mahesh Babu but she rejected the offer as she was not ready to hog the limelight that time.
- She is a globetrotter and loves to explore and visit new places with her family and friends.
Taking her mother’s legacy forward, Janhvi became the household name post her debut release at the box office. She has made her own fan base that is growing every passing day. In a very short span of time, she made a place for herself in the industry.