Name- Kangana Ranaut
Date of Birth- 23 March 1986
Age- 33 years(as in 2018)
Mother- Asha Ranaut
Father- Amardeep Ranaut
Sister- Rangoli Ranaut
Brother- Akshit Ranaut
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’6 approx.
Weight- 53kg approx.
Net Worth- 80 crores approx.
Kangana Ranaut is an Indian film actress. She is primarily known for her work in Bollywood. She has established herself as one of the finest actresses in Bollywood. Kangana is one of the actresses who is known in the media for her honest opinion. Born on 23 March 1986 in Bhambala, Himachal Pradesh, India, she did her schooling from DAV School, Chandigarh.
Facts about Kangana Ranaut
- Dal Chawal and Berry Burst are her Favorite Food.
- Shahrukh Khan and Aamir Khan are her Favorite actors.
- Sridevi Kapoor is her Favorite actress.
- Basketball is her Favorite sport.
- At the age of 16, her mother wanted her to get married. She was kicked out of her house because she wanted to join the glamour world.
- She left her education in midway to join the Elite Modelling agency in 2003 as she wanted to become the model.
- Kangana was an active participator in beauty contests in her younger days.
- She worked as a theatre actor in Delhi with Asmita Theatre Group before making her Bollywood Debut with Film Gangster in 2005.
- Girish Karnad’s Taledanda (Rakt Kalyan) was her first play.
- Her younger sister Rangoli was attacked with acid in 2005 by a man, who entered her house as a money order delivery boy.
- She wrote her own dialogues for the film Queen released in 2013.
- The actress went to New York for scriptwriting course but returned in midway as she had to promote her movie, Queen.
- Kangana was listed as India’s Hottest Vegetarian in 2013 by Peta.
- Kangana won National Award (Best Actress) for films Queen (2014) and Tanu Weds Manu Returns (2015).
- If not an actress, most probably she would have been a doctor.
- English footballer David Beckham was her first crush.
- She doesn’t watch T.V shows at all and has hardly seen even dozen of films.
- She wants to purchase a farmhouse in Shimla after she retires from her work.
- Kangana is a trained Kathak dancer. She took training under Rajendra Chaturvedi for four years in Nateshwar Nritya Kala Mandir.
- She revealed some explosive truth about her personal life and Bollywood in September 2017 on Rajat Sharma’s Aap Ki Adaalat.
- Kangana charges approx. 11- 12 crores per movie.
Kangana Ranaut Family
Kangana Ranaut was born to Amardeep Ranaut and Asha Ranaut in Mandi district of Himachal Pradesh into a Rajput family. Her mother is a school teacher and father is a businessman. She has an elder sister Rangoli Ranaut and younger brother Akshat Ranaut. She grew up in the joint family and describes her childhood as Simple and Happy. According to the actress, she was a rebellious and stubborn child.
Kangana Ranaut Boyfriends/Affairs
Kangana Ranaut House
Kangana lives in A 5 BHKflat in Khar, Mumbai. She gave her house a new makeover with Interior designer Richa Behl( wife of director Vikas Behl). The actress has been living in 5 BHK flat in Khar in the suburbs of Mumbai for three years. Her house in Manali is not less than a mansion. Have a look at her Manali mansion;
Kangana Ranaut First Movie
Kangana made her Bollywood debut with movie Gangster (2006). She was cast for the role of Simran, an alcoholic woman caught in the love triangle between her sympathetic friend (Emraan Hashmi) and a notorious gangster (Shiney Ahuja). The film was a critical and commercial success. She was praised for her role and won the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut along with other awards.
Kangana Ranaut Movies
The Actress Kangana is Perfectionist when it comes to her work. Kangana is one of the youngest actresses to win National at the age of 22. She won her first National award for Film Fashion for the best supporting actress. She is fully dedicated and committed towards her work. Here is a list of movies in which actress have worked till date and upcoming movies:
|Shakalaka Boom Boom||2007|
|Life in a... Metro||2007|
|Raaz: The Mystery Continues||2009|
|Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai||2010|
|Tanu Weds Manu||2011|
|Miley Naa Miley Hum||2011|
|Shootout at Wadala||2013|
|Tanu Weds Manu Returns||2015|
|I Love NY||2015|
|Manikarnika—The Queen of Jhansi||2019|
|Mental Hai Kya||2019|
Kangana Ranaut Controversies
- During the initial stage of her days in Bollywood, she was in the relationship with Bollywood actor Aditya Pancholi who is around 20 years older than her. However, after some time things went complicated and she broke up with Aditya accusing him of violence.
- Kangana dated one of her co-star Adhyayan Suman. After breakup Adhyayan said publicly, “I was emotionally troubled because of my relationship. She only knows how to use, abuse and throw. She has flooded me with abusive calls ever since the truth about her fake claims came out. I have remained silent on her nature for so many years, but she is crossing limits now. Since I haven’t been taking her calls, her aides have been calling my mother and harassing her.”
- The lady is known for her bold statements. She made a blunder during chat show by saying, “Just friends in Bollywood means F***k buddies who are little promoted”.
- Hrithik and she had a media-led fight which started when she referred him as ‘Silly Ex’. This later resulted in the full-blown legal battle, e-mail leaking and name-calling. The controversy brings this private issue on a public platform. Both the actors made serious allegations on each other.
- Things turned ugly between her and filmmaker Karan Johar when she said, “Karan is flagbearer of nepotism and movie mafia” on his chat show. This controversy was followed by numerous exchange of words including an open letter from the actress and several jibes from KJo. However, things are fine between them now.