Name- Karishma Tanna
Date of Birth- 21 December 1983
Age- 36 years(as in 2019)
Mother- Jasmine Tanna
Father- Name Not Known
Sister– Grishma Tanna
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’9 approx.
Weight- 60kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Karishma Tanna Biography
Karishma Tanna is an Indian actress, model and dancer. She is primarily known for her work in small screen industry. Born on 21 December 1983, she did her schooling from a private school in Mumbai. She completed her graduation from Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The actress rose to fame after she participated in one of the popular controversial reality show Bigg Boss season 8. She has been part of industry for a long time but after she did this show, her success rose to another level and she became the household name. Today, she has millions of followers on her Instagram account who loves her bold attitude and acting skills.
Facts About Karishma Tanna
- Ranbir Kapoor is her Favorite Actor.
- Kangana Ranaut is her Favorite Actress.
- Gujarati Cuisine is her Favorite Food.
- Jeena Jeena song from movie Badlapur is her Favorite Song.
- Paris and Dubai are her Favorite Destinations.
- Travelling and Reading are her Favorite Hobbies.
- She started her acting career at the age of 17 with Star Plus’s popular television serial “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi” as Indira.
- After doing television for quite sometime, the actress moved to Bollywood and made her debut with movie “Dosti: Friends Forever”.
- The actress has been rejected a lot due to her height but she never gave up and achieved what she always dreamt of.
- Later she did a Kannada movie named “I am Sorry Mathe Banni Preethsona”.
- Since her big screen career was not really successful so she decided to movie to small screen with comedy show “Comedy Circus” and restored her dying acting career.
- Her career’s turning point was after she chose to participate in reality show Bigg Boss 8 hosted by Salman Khan. The show changed her life and after this show she did many shows which took her career to a whole new level.
- Before entering the house she took cooking classes as well.
- She was one of the most controversial contestants of the Bigg Boss house 8.
- When she was in the house, her ex-boyfriend Rushabh Choksi said that he and Karishma were in relationship when she started dating actor Upen Patel in the house.
- In the year 2015, Karishma along with her boyfriend Upen Patel participated in the dance reality show “Nach Baliye 7”.
- In one of the episodes, Upen proposed her in a unique style in front of everyone.
- With no time, the actress became popular due to her choices of role and work and won everyone’s heart with her amazing performances.
- In the year 2020, she participated in another reality show “Khatron Ke Khiladi 10” along with stars like Rani Chatterjee, Karan Patel, Tejaswi Prakash, Shivin Narang and others.
Karishma Tanna Family
She was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra into a middle class Gujarati family. Her mother name is Jasmine Tanna and father name is not known. Her father died in 2012 after suffering from long illness. She has an elder sister named Grishma Tanna. The actress is very close to her family especially her mother and sister. After her fathers’ death, the family have suffered a lot emotionally but it was her mother who look after her daughters well-being and motivated them to work hard and achieve their dreams.
After establishing herself as one the best actresses of television industry, Karishma has made her mother proud and they are living a happy life together.
Karishma Tanna Boyfriend/ Husband
She is currently single and not dating anyone. She is completely focusing on her work and career. However, her name has been linked with few persons in the past. She has been in relationship with musician Bappa Lahiri but the couple broke up due to unknown reasons. Later, she had an affair with actor Hanif Halal. After dating for short time, the couple parted their ways mutually.
Then she came in relationship with businessmen Rushabh Choksi but the couple broke up after Karishma went to Bigg Boss house. In the year 2014, she started dating actor Upen Patel. They met each other on reality show Bigg Boss 8 and fell in love. After the show ended, Upen proposed Karishma in Nach Baliye dancing reality show and the couple got engaged. However, they called off their engagement due to some unknown reasons and moved on in their lives.
Karishma Tanna Career/ Television Shows
She started her acting career in 2001 with serial “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi” where she played the role of “Indu”. After this, she appeared in many shows including Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand, Manshaa, Kahi To Milenge, Kkoi Dil Mein Hai and many more. Even after being part of many shows, she didn’t get success on small screen so she moved to big screen and made her Bollywood debut with movie “Dosti: Friends Forever”. The movie was a big flop. With failure in Bollywood, she made her comeback in tv industry with show “Comedy Circus”. And finally in 2014 after she participated in reality show Bigg Boss 8, her career changed. Her popularity rose and after the show ended she was flooded with lots of offers from Television and Big screen.
The actress has always tried something different for her fans. She is quite popular for her choices of roles and loves doing the challenging roles. Be it drama, emotional or reality show, the actress has done it all. Here is the list of serials she has been part of:
Year Television Shows Role
2001–2006 Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi Indira Virani
2002–2003 Kahi To Milenge Tanisha
2003 Manshaa Rhea
2003–2004 Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand Tina
2003–2004 Kkoi Dil Mein Hai Krutika
2004 Shararat Natasha
2004 Kkusum Muskaan
2005 Raat Hone Ko Hai 2005–2006 Paalkhi Palak
2005–2006 Ek Ladki Anjaani Si Ayesha
2006–2007 Viraasat Natasha
2006 Pyaar Ke Do Naam: Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam Jitisha
2007 Comedy Circus 1 Contestant
2007 Nach Baliye 3 Guest Contestant
2008 Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket Contestant
2008 Kaho Na Yaar Hai Contestant
2008 Zara Nachke Dikha Contestant
2008 Kaante Ki Takkar Host
2009 Comedy Champions Host
2010 India's Magic Star Host
2010 Jaane Pehchaane Se... Ye Ajnabbi Avni
2010 Sajan Re Jhoot Mat Bolo Kiran
2010 Meethi Choori No 1 Contestant
2011 Adaalat Ms Jaffrey
2011 Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout Contestant
2011 Comedy Circus Maha-Sangram Contestant
2012 Baal Veer Rani Pari
2013 F.I.R. Cameo
2014 Jeanie Aur Juju Soniya
2014 Comedy Nights with Kapil Guest
2014–2015 Bigg Boss 8 Contestant
2015 Bigg Boss Halla Bol Contestant (1st runner-up)
2015 Nach Baliye 7 Contestant along with Upen Patel
2015 Kumkum Bhagya Dance Performance
2015 Aaj Ki Raat Hai Zindagi Guest
2015–2016 MTV Love School - Season 1 Host along with Upen Patel
2016 Yeh Vaada Raha Dance Performance
2016 Box Cricket League - Season 2 Player in Kolkata Baabu Moshayes
2016 Comedy Nights Bachao Guest
2016 Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 7 Guest in Semi Finale
2016 Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9 Contestant
2016–2017 Naagarjuna – Ek Yoddha Maskeeni (Naagin)
2017 Bigg Boss 10 Guest - panellist/performer
2017 BIG Memsaab Judge
2017 Bigg Boss 11 Guest
2017 Rasoi Ki Jung Mummyon Ke Sung Contestant
2018 ; 2019 Naagin 3 Naagrani Ruhi (shape-shifting Serpent) ; Huzoor (demoness)
2018–2019 Qayamat Ki Raat Gauri/ Raajlakshmi/ Vaidehi
2018 Kanpur Wale Khuranas Herself
2019 Kitchen Champion 2019 Khatra Khatra Khatra 2020 Khatron Ke Khiladi 10 Contestant
Karishma Tanna Movies
She has been part of many movies in Bollywood and South cinema. Few of her movies are hit while others didn’t work nice. In the year 2018, she got breakthrough with movie “Sanju”. The movie was a blockbuster at the box office and she has received praise for her small role in the movie. Here is the list of movies she has been part of:
Year Movies Role
2005 Dosti: Friends Forever Nandini Thapar
2011 I Am Sorry Mathe Banni Preethsona Chetana
2013 Grand Masti Unatti
2014 Golu Aur Pappu Shalini
2018 Sanju Pinky
TBA Tina and Lolo Lolo
Karishma Tanna Controversies
The actress has been part of few controversies as well. Here are these:
- She came into limelight after being one of the most controversial contestant of reality show Bigg Boss 8.
- In the year 2017, the actress was replaced by Surbhi Jyoti for comedy show “Comedy Dangal” due to her tantrums.
- In the year 2018, a cheating case was filed against her by a Delhi based event manager named Manas Katyal. He said that the actress didn’t performed at a wedding reception in Haldwani because of which he had to suffer loss of almost 10 lakhs. However, the actress denied such allegations and said she was cheated by him as she was told that the show was in Moradabad and after she reached there, she came to know that it was in Haldwani.