Name- Koena Mitra
Date of Birth- 7 January 1984
Age- 35 years(as in 2019)
Mother- Krishna Mitra
Father- Vishwanath Mitra
Sister– 1 Younger sister
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’7 approx.
Weight- 60kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Koena Mitra Biography
Koena Mitra is an Indian dancer, actress and model. She is primarily known for her work in Bollywood industry. Born on 7 January 1984, she did her schooling from South Point High School in Kolkata. She completed her graduation from Lady Brabourne College in Kolkata. Later, she went to Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in Los Angeles to learn acting. The actress rose to fame after she did the item song “Saaki Saaki” from movie “Musafir”. Everyone loved her energy and dance moves in that song.
Favorite Things of Koena Mitra
- Salman Khan, Amitabh Bachchan and Akshay Kumar are her Favorite Actors.
- Madhuri Dixit and Kajol are her Favorite Actresses.
- Kishore Kumar is her Favorite Singer.
- Rabindranath Tagore is her Favorite Poet.
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Narendra Modi are her Favorite Politicians.
- Mary Kom is her Favorite Sportsperson.
- Bengali Cuisine, Prawns, and Chicken are her Favorite Food.
- Watching movies, dancing and partying are her Favorite Hobbies.
- Red is her Favorite Color.
- Barcelona is her Favorite Destination.
Facts About Koena Mitra
- She started her career as a model when she was only 14 years in age.
- In the year 2001, she won the beauty pageant Gladrags Mega Model India and later she became one of the top-12 semifinalists of Miss Intercontinental Pageant in Germany out of 84 countries.
- The actress cum model has been part of many brands including Mirinda, Clinic All Clear, Maruti Suzuki, etc. Also, she has walked for Milan and Beijing.
- Before making her acting debut, she has been part of few music videos like Akh Teri, Ishq Ho Gaya, Channo, etc.
- In the year 2002, she made her acting debut with Bollywood movie “Road” where she did a small appearance in song Khullam Khulla.
- The actress rose to fame after she did item song “Saaki Saaki” for movie Musafir. She also played the lead role in that movie.
- After that very song and movie, she became very popular and got flooded with lots of movies offer.
- In 2009, she made her Tamil debut with movie “Ayan” where she did an item song “Honey Honey”.
- Apparently in 2010, she went under the knife and got nose job which did not really go well for her. This became talk of the town and she was criticized as well. Also after this, she lost lots of her good projects.
- Then in 2011, she went to Los Angeles to learn acting and filmmaking. During that time of learning acting, she did two projects in L.A named “The Story of Naomi” and “Dark Romance”.
- She is a devotee of Goddess Durga.
- In the year 2019, she participated in one of the popular controversial show “Bigg Boss 13” along with stars like Devoleena Bhattacharjee, Rashami Desai, Siddharth Shukla, Paras Chhabra, etc.
- She was one of the popular contestant of that season. Everyone loved her bold attitude in the house.
Koena Mitra Family
She was born in Kolkata, India into a middle class Hindu family. Her father name is Vishwanath Mitra who worked as a Chartered Accountant and mother name is Krishna Mitra, a teacher. She has a younger sister whose name is not known. The actress shares very close bond with her family and have made them proud for everything she has achieved till now in her life.
Koena Mitra Husband/ Boyfriend
She is currently single and focusing on her career. However earlier, she was in relationship with a Turkey based men. After dating for few years, she broke up with him due to his over possessive nature. In reality show Bigg Boss in 2019, she revealed that once he was in Mumbai, he locked up her in bathroom of her apartment because he didn’t want her to leave for her. His possessiveness increased over time and after three years, she finally broke up and didn’t dare to date since then.
Now, she is waiting for someone very mature and understanding who will love her for who she is and respects her personal space as well.
Koena Mitra Career/ Movies
She started her career as a model and later did some music videos before making her acting debut. In 2002, she made her Bollywood debut with movie “Road” in song Khullam Khulla. And finally she rose to success with Sanjay Gupta’s movie “Musafir”. She did an item song ‘Saaki Saaki’ in that movie which eventually grabbed everyone’s attention and made her the household name. Since then there is no looking back for her and she has been part of many movies like Apna Sapna Money Money, Anamika, etc. In 2010, she made her Tamil debut with movie “Asal”. Following this in 2015, she made her Bengali debut with movie “Besh Korechi Prem Korechi”. Here is the list of movies she has been part of:
Year Movies Role
2002 Road 2003 Dhool 2004 Musafir Lara
2005 Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena Natasha Kapoor
2005 Insan Sonali Rathod
2006 Apna Sapna Money Money Julie Fernandez
2007 Heyy Babyy 2007 Aggar 2008 Anamika Malini
2009 Ayan 2010 Asal 2014 Dark Romance 2014 Bhai Land 2015 Besh Korechi Prem Korechi Kajjal
Koena Mitra Television Shows
Apart from item songs and movies, she has been part of few reality shows as well. In 2009, she appeared as a Guest in dance reality show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 3” and in 2019, she appeared as a contestant in reality show “Bigg Boss 13”.
Koena Mitra Controversies
The actress had made headlines in the news for few controversies as well. Here are few:
- She was hugely criticized in 2010 for undergoing a nose job which went terribly wrong. This incident made her lose lots of project as well.
- In the year 2017, she filed a complaint against some stranger who was harassing and troubling her over phone calls using different mobile numbers.
- In the year 2019, one Indian model named Poonam Sethi filed a case against her for lending money and failed to return it. However, the actress Koena termed the case to be completely fake and said that she was only framed in the matter. She has nothing to do with it.