Name- Mahima Makwana
Date of Birth- 5 August 1999
Age- 20 years (as in 2019)
Mother- Meena Makwana
Father- Name Not Known
Brother- Chetan Makwana
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’4 approx.
Weight- 56kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Mahima Makwana Biography
Mahima Makwana is an Indian actress, dancer and model. She is primarily known for her work in small screen industry. Born on 5 August 1999, she did her schooling from Mary Immaculate Girl’s High School, Mumbai. She completed her graduation in Mass Media from a private college in Mumbai, India. The actress rose to fame for portraying the role of “Rachna” in ZEE TV’s popular show “Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke”. The show gave her immense popularity and made her the household name in a short span of time. She is one of the television actresses of the industry who got name and fame at very young age.
Facts About Mahima Makwana
- Shahrukh Khan, Ranveer Singh and Vicky Kaushal are her Favorite Actors.
- Kangana Ranaut, Priyanka Chopra and Jennifer Anniston are her Favorite Actresses.
- Black, White and Red are her Favorite Colors.
- Sonu Nigam, Arijit Singh and Shreya Ghoshal are her Favorite Singers.
- Italian, Chinese, and Indian are her Favorite Food.
- Travelling, Eating and Dancing are her Favorite Hobbies.
- Always aspired to make her career in the entertainment industry, she started giving audition from the age of 9 years only.
- She has been part of few television commercials for big brands.
- In 2009, she made her acting debut as a child actor with Colors TV’ popular show “Balika Vadhu” where she played the role of Gauri Singh.
- The show gave her immense popularity on the work front as a child actor and made her talk of the town.
- But it was serial “Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke” that got recognition to her in the television world. Prior to this serial, she had given more than 500 auditions and said that reaching this point in her career was not easy for her.
- While working in the serial, she even got head injury. In an interview to India Today, she said,
“It was a terrible moment when my wig got caught in the fan. Before I could realise what is happening, I banged my head against the wall and there is a huge bump on my head right now. But the entire crew ran to my aid and they really helped me out like my own family.
- In 2017, she made her big screen debut with Telugu movie “Venkatapuram”. She played the role of Chaitra.
- In 2019, she appeared in a music video “Dhadkanein Meri” alongside Rohan Mehra.
- The actress has lots of followers on her Instagram account from all over the world who loves her immensely.
Mahima Makwana Family
She was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra into a middle class Hindu family. Her mother name is Meena Makwana and father name is not known. She has an elder brother named Chetan Makwana. Her father died when she was 5 months old. And so she and her brother were brought up solely by her mother. The actress shares close bond with her family and often shares amazing pictures with them on her Instagram account. She has made her family proud by being one of the known actresses of the entertainment industry.
Mahima Makwana Boyfriend/ Husband
She is currently single and not dating anyone. At this moment, she is focusing entirely on her career and her work. Despite being one of the most popular actresses of the entertainment industry, there is no buzz of her dating anyone. She has lots of male friends but none of them are her love interest.
However, earlier there were rumors of her dating her co-star Ankit Siwach. This news spread like wildfire on public domain. But she rubbishes the rumors by saying, “I am not dating Ankit. We share good bond but that doesn’t mean we are dating. The news is completely untrue”.
Mahima Makwana Career/ Television Shows
She started her career at the age of 9 and has appeared in few commercials. In 2009, she made her acting debut as a child artist with serial Balika Vadhu where she played the role of Gauri Singh. The show was a hit and so was her character. Following this, she did many shows including Miley Jab Hum Tum, Sawaare Sabke Sapne… Preeto, Aahat, etc. And finally in 2012, with serial Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke, she garnered huge critical acclaim and became the household name in no time. Since then there is no looking back for her and she has been part of many hit television shows. Apart from television shows, she has been part of few web series as well. Here is the list of television serials the actress has worked so far:
Year Television Shows Role Channel
2009 Balika Vadhu Child Gauri Singh Colors TV
2009 Miley Jab Hum Tum Child Nupur Shashi Bhushan STAR One
2011–12 Sawaare Sabke Sapne... Preeto Sonu Gagandeep Dhillon Imagine TV
2012 Aahat as Child Ghost Sony TV
2012–15 Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke Rachna Dayal Garg/Rachna Kabir Tripathi Zee TV
2014 Dance India Dance season 4 Herself Zee TV
2015 Dil Ki Baatein Dil Hi Jaane Disha Ram Ahuja Sony TV
2015 Code Red Ria Colors TV
2015 Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya Mandira Zing (TV channel)
2015–16 Adhuri Kahaani Hamari Manasvini/Radhika &TV
2017–18 Rishton Ka Chakravyuh Anami Baldev Singh STAR Plus
2018 Kumkum Bhagya Herself Zee TV
2018–19 Mariam Khan - Reporting Live Mariam Majaaz Khan/Mariam Fawad Ashraf STAR Plus
2019 Shubh Aarambh Rani Colors TV
Mahima Makwana Movies
In 2017, she made her big screen debut with Telugu movie Venkatapuram where she played the role of Chaitra. Also, she has been part of web series like Flesh, Rangbaaz Season 2 etc.
Mahima Makwana Awards
The actress has won many awards for her performances in different shows. Here are few:
- 2012- Won Zee Rishtey Awards under category of Favourite Behen/ Favourite Beti/ Favourite Naya Sadasya-Female for serial Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke.
- 2013- Won Zee Rishtey Awards under category of Favorite Behen for serial Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke.
- 2019- Won Lions Gold Awards under category of Favourite Long Term Prospects On Television for serial Rishton Ka Chakravyuh.
Mahima Makwana Controversy
She made headlines after the news of her slapping her co-star Laksh Lalwani surfaced on the interview. However, in an interview to Times of India, Laksh cleared the rumor by saying,
“The issue has been blown out of proportion. It was a trivial argument, which often happens between any two co-actors. I didn’t react when she excitedly applied colours on me during a media interaction at the Holi event as I realised it was unintentional on her part. But later when I applied colours on her face, she vigorously rubbed her hands on my face due to which my sunglasses fell off and the colours entered my eyes.”
“I left immediately as I was not in a state to give an interview. I got back within 20 minutes to finish the interview. Reports of me getting slapped by her are totally baseless and shocking. I wonder why people don’t even verify before writing such stuff?”
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram