Name- Nia Sharma
Date of Birth- 17 September 1990
Age- 30 years (as in 2020)
Mother- Usha Sharma
Father- Name Not Known
Brother- Vinay Sharma
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’4 approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Nia Sharma Biography
Nia Sharma is an Indian television actress and model. She is one of the popular actresses of the television industry and drives her fan crazy with her style statement. The ravishingly beautiful Nia, has gained massive popularity with her acting skills in television serials like “Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai” and “Jamai Raja”. Other than her acting skills, she has also been chosen as the sexiest Asian beauty and has stolen many hearts on the internet. She has been part of reality show “Khatron ke Khiladi 8” and finished as the finalist. Let’s get to know more about her family details, career, education and more.
Nia Sharma Family
She was born in New Delhi, India into a middle class Punjabi Family. Her mother name is Usha Sharma and father name is not known. She has an elder brother named Vinay Sharma, works in an MNC in New Delhi. Her father died during her early childhood and so after making her debut in Tv serials, she shifted to Mumbai with her mother. And her elder brother lives in New Delhi.
Nia Sharma Education
She completed her schooling from St. Xavier’s School in New Delhi. Later, she went to Jagan Institute of Management Studies (JIMS) in New Delhi to complete her graduation in Mass Communication. If not an actress, she would have been a journalist.
Nia Sharma Boyfriend
She is currently single and focusing on her career. In an interview, she said that she is looking for someone who is educated and mature. Someone who will respect her and would never pick fights for her dressing sense and career choices. She wants an open-minded man and feels that marrying someone from the industry itself would be a better choice as he will be able to understand her choices, pressures and hectic work schedule.
However, earlier she has been in relationships but that didn’t work. There was a time when she was rumored to be dating actor Varun Jain. After breaking up with him, her name was linked with her co-star Kushal Tandon. But both the relationships didn’t work.
Nia Sharma Career
Not many people know this but it was not “Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai” show that she made her debut with. She made her acting debut with another television serial Kaali- Ek Agnipariksha as Anu in 2010. Her breakthrough came through her next serial which was Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai as Manvi, alongside actress Krystle D’Souza, Karan Tacker and Kushal Tandon in 2011.
Post that, she became the household name and continued her television career by working in special appearances in serials like The Player, Starlite, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, etc. Then in 2014, she did serial Jamai Raja as a female main lead opposite actor Ravi Dubey and rose higher on success.
Other than television serials, the actress has also been part of several web series including Twisted. Next, she did many reality shows like Khatron Ke Khiladi 8, Rasoi Ki Jung Mummyon Ke Sung, Killerr Karaoke Atka Toh Latkah, etc. Another serial that gave her immense popularity was serial Naagin. She played the role of Brinda opposite actor Vijayendra Kumeria and ruled the hearts of her fan for a long period of time.
Nia Sharma Controversy
Bold, Free spirited and non-conformist actress Nia Sharma has been part of few controversies. Here are some:
Ravi Dubey- Nia Sharma Cold War- In 2015, some stories on Internet surfaced regarding her of not sharing great bond with her co-star Ravi Dubey in serial Jamai Raja. Some said it was due to actor’s wife Sargun Mehta, others said everything is okay among all three and these are just rumors. Amid all the rumors, they put full stop on all such news after Ravi and Nia participated in stunt based reality show Khatron ke Khiladi.
Nia Sharma and Reyhna Malhotra’s Kiss- She broke the internet when a picture of her kissing co-star Reyhna Pandit from Jamai Raja went viral on social media. The two bonded on the sets very well and became best friends in some time. But after the photo went viral, people trolled them and started questioning their sexual orientation and at last Reyhna removed the picture from her profile.
Some Interesting and Lesser Known Facts About Nia Sharma
Nia Sharma has entertained the audience with her acting skills, dancing moves and sizzling figure. But do you know some interesting facts about her? If not, read some interesting facts about her:
- She made her acting debut with television serial “Kaali” where she played the role of Anu, the best friend of protagonist Rachana.
- Her real name is not Nia but Neha Sharma. She changed her name before entering into the industry as she thought that Neha is a common name.
- She is the first Indian actress who went bald in television show for her cancer patient character in serial “Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai”.
- Owing to her physique and amazing fashion sense, she was ranked 5 in Top 50 Sexiest Asian Women List by Eastern Eye.
- Before venturing into the acting world, she was a journalist by profession.
- She is a big time internet savvy and loves browsing internet and social media during her free time.
- The actress loves shopping and she calls her complete shopaholic.
- She is a fitness freak and loves to hit the gym regularly. The actress also shares her workout videos on her Instagram account.
- She is a pure vegetarian and loves eating healthy vegetarian food.
- Rajma Chawal, Kadhi Chawal, Roti and Veggies cooked by her mother are her Favorite Food. Other than this, she loves Mexican and Chinese Food.
- Red is her Favorite Color.
- She has been part of several reality shows like Comedy Nights Bachao, Rasoi Ki Jung Mummyon Ke Sang, Khatron Ke Khiladi Season 8 and more.