Name- Nivetha Thomas
Date of Birth- 2 November 1995
Age- 25 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Lilly Thomas
Father- Name Not Known
Brother- Nikhil Thomas
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’4 approx.
Weight- 57kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Nivetha Thomas Biography
Nivetha Thomas is an Indian actress and model. She is known for her work in Telugu, Tamil and Malayalam industry. Born on 2 November 1995, she did her schooling from Montfort Higher Secondary School in Chennai. She completed her graduation in Bachelor of Technology from SRM University in Chennai. The actress rose to fame for portraying the role of “Anjana Sugunan” in Malayalam movie Veruthe Oru Bharya in 2008 as a child artist. Later, she rose higher to success for her performances in various movies including Ninnu Kori, Gentlemen, Juliet Lover of Idiot, etc. She has millions of followers on her Instagram account from all over the world who loves her immensely.
Facts About Nivetha Thomas
- Kamal Hassan is her Favorite Actor.
- Rashmika Mandanna and Raashi Khanna are her Favorite Actresses.
- Football and Cricket are her Favorite Sports.
- MS Dhoni is her Favorite Sportsperson.
- Listening Songs and Travelling are her Favorite Hobbies.
- She started her career as a child artist with television serial “Raja Rajeswari” where she played the role of Gowri in 2000.
- Post that she did many television serials including My Dear Bootham, Shivamayam, etc. as child artist.
- In 2008, she made her big screen debut with Malayalam movie “Veruthe Oru Bharya” where she played child role of Anjana Sugunan.
- Her performance in the movie was appreciated by everyone and she even won Kerala State Film Award for Best Child Artist for her performance in that movie.
- Later in 2016, she was critically applauded for her performance in Telugu movies Gentlemen and Ninnu Kori acquiring popularity in Telugu cinema.
- She has worked in different languages including Malayalam, Telugu and Tamil.
- In early 2018, she took break from the industry to focus on her studies and came back in 2019 with movie “118” which was opened to positive reviews. The movie was a hit and she got flooded with many movies.
- Apart from being an actress, Nivetha is also an architect by profession.
- In the year 2019, she reminisces about her journey from childhood to becoming one of the most promising actress of South industry on Tedx event.
Nivetha Thomas Family
She was born in Cannanore, Kerala, India into a high class Christian family. Her mother name is Lilly Thomas and father name is not known. She has a brother named Nikhil Thomas who is also an actor. The actress shares close bond with her family and often shares amazing pictures with them on her Instagram account. She has made her family proud by being one of the popular actresses of the South industry.
Nivetha Thomas Boyfriend/ Husband
She is currently single and not dating anyone. At this moment, she is focusing entirely on her career and her work. Despite being one of the most popular actresses of the South industry, there is no buzz of her dating anyone. She has lots of male friends but none of them are her love interest.
Nivetha Thomas Career/ Television Shows
Always aspired to become an actress, she started her career as a child artist. In the year 2000, she made her acting debut with serial Raja Rajeswari where she the played role of Gowri. Her performance was liked by everyone and post that serial, she did few other daily soaps. Here is the list of television serials she has been part of:
Year Television Shows Role
2000 Raja Rajeswari Gowri
2004-07 My Dear Bootham Gowri
2004-06 Shivamayam Ponni
2007-08 Arase Young Kaveri
Nivetha Thomas Movies
In 2008, she made her debut on big screen with Malayalam movie “Veruthe Oru Bharya” where she did the role of a child named Anjana Sugunan. She was critically praised for her performance and won Kerala State Film Award for Best Child Artist in the same year. Later, she signed some Malayalam and Tamil movies where she played mostly supporting roles. Eventually, she got her breakthrough role with movie Gentlemen which was released in 2016. The movie was a big hit making her the household name. Since then there is no looking back for her and she has achieved a lot in her life. Here is the list of movies she has been part of:
Year Movies Role Language
2008 Veruthe Oru Bharya Anjana Sugunan Malayalam
2008 Kuruvi Vetrivel's sister Tamil
2009 Madhya Venal Manikutty Malayalam
2011 Pranayam Young Grace Malayalam
2011 Chaappa Kurish Nafiza Malayalam
2011 Poraali Tamizhselvi Tamil
2012 Thattathin Marayathu Fatima Malayalam
2013 Romans Eleena Malayalam
2013 Naveena Saraswathi Sabatham Jeyasri Tamil
2014 Jilla Mahalakshmi Tamil
2014 Money Ratnam Pia Mammen Malayalam
2015 Papanasam Selvi Suyambulingam Tamil
2016 Gentleman Catherine Telugu
2017 Ninnu Kori Pallavi Telugu
2017 Jai Lava Kusa Simran Telugu
2017 Juliet Lover of Idiot Julie Telugu
2019 118 Aadhya Telugu
2019 Brochevarevarura Mithra Telugu
2020 Darbardagger TBA Tamil
2020 Vdagger TBA Telugu
2020 Swaasadagger TBA Telugu
Nivetha Thomas Awards
The actress has won several awards for her performance in various movies. Here are few:
- 2008- Won Kerala State Film Awards under category of Best Child Artist for movie Veruthe Oru Bharya.
- 2017- Won SIIMA Awards under category of Best Debut Actress for movie Gentleman.
- 2018- Won Apsara Awards under category of Performer of the Year for movies Ninnu Kori, Jai Lava Kusa and Juliet Lover of Idiot.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
• A couple of weeks back I had the pleasure of taking part in a TED event, where I had the opportunity to ‘Unwind the Clock’ and talk about it. What I shared was my Life’s experience. To live better, to refrain from making the same mistake twice, even if I end up making them, to not beat myself up but appreciate and grow. Through all the tough times and even happy ones, I realised that loving myself was most important. I had to be my own BEST FRIEND first, to be able to make a mistake and be there to say “It’s okay! You’re good. Move forward. Try again.” I am learning and will always remain a student. From knowing more about myself to understanding how the world works, I will forever keep learning. This journey is long and my life is mine to live. I am realising that every minute lived to please another person is one precious minute wasted 🙂 To understand, be selfless, nurture one another and grow in love is priority and I am working on it. And I forever will. Thank you for setting the stage @tedxomch Was an honour to be able to witness Talks from inspiring people! #tedxomch #tedxomch2019 @tedx_official BEFRIEND YOURSELF • Link in bio
View this post on Instagram