Name- Nushrat Bharucha
Date of Birth- 17 May 1985
Age- 35 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Tasneem Bharucha
Father- Tanvir Bharucha
Marital Status/Marriage- None
Height- 5’3 approx.
Weight- 57kg approx.
Net Worth- $7 million approx.
Nushrat Bharucha Biography
Nushrat Bharucha is an Indian actress. She is primarily known for her work in Bollywood industry. Born on 17 May 1985, she did her schooling from Lilavatibai Podar High School in Mumbai. She completed her graduation from Jai Hind College in Mumbai. The actress rose to fame for portraying the female lead in the comedy movies Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 (2015), Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety (2018) and Dream Girl. These movies were hit at the box office giving her immense fame and popularity. She has millions of followers on her Instagram account from all over the world who loves her immensely for her looks and acting skills.
Facts About Nushrat Bharucha
- Salman Khan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Ranbir Kapoor are her Favorite Actors.
- Kajol and Vidya Balan are her Favorite Actresses.
- Imitiaz Ali, Luv Ranjan and Vishal Bhardwaj are her Favorite Directors.
- Cricket is her Favorite Sports.
- Grey, White, Black, Olive and Brown are her Favorite Colors.
- Chicken and Biryani are her Favorite Food.
- Reading, Dancing, Travelling and Shopping are her Favorite Hobbies.
- Always aspired to become an actress, she used to take part in various school plays and functions since her childhood days.
- Her first stage performance was at the age of 4 where she played “Ms Hawaii” in her school’s annual function.
- While she was doing her graduation from a college in Mumbai, she went to a management firm to work as scout but was offered a role in “Kittie Party” serial. Though she left the serial after 1 year due to ill-treatment from her fellow actors.
- She then did theatres for few years and started her career with commercial ads.
- After years of struggle, she finally got the opportunity to made her acting debut with Bollywood movie “Jai Santoshi Maa” as Mahima in 2006.
- Following this, she did number of movies but didn’t get recognition which she deserved. Though she didn’t give up and worked hard enough to get work.
- Finally, she got her biggest success with movies like Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 (2015), Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety (2018) and Dream Girl. Her roles in these movies gave her immense popularity and in no time, she cemented her place in the industry.
- With her hard work and passion, she made it to the list of A list actresses and became popular worldwide.
- The actress has been featured on cover of various popular magazines including Travel+Leisure, Femina, Exhibit, Wedding cover and more.
- Other than acting, she has appeared in number of commercial ads and music videos including Punjabi song “Ishq Tere” in 2019.
- She loves gyming and never misses to hit the gym.
- Initially, the actress used to be hardcore non-vegetarian but later turned to vegan during the shooting of her movie “Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety”. The actress said it was difficult to deal with the cravings but since turning to vegan changed her lifestyle, she is happy with her decision.
- She is an avid pet lover and owns a cute puppy.
Nushrat Bharucha Family
She was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra into a middle class Muslim family. Her father name is Tanvir Bharucha, a businessmen and mother name is Tasneem Bharucha, a homemaker. She is the only child of her parents. The actress shares close bond with her family especially her mother & grandmother and often shares amazing pictures with them on her Instagram account. She has made her family proud by being one of the known and talented actresses of the Bollywood industry.
Nushrat Bharucha Boyfriend/ Husband
She is currently single and focusing on her career. However, she has rumored to be dated two men from Bollywood but she has never accepted her relationship status publically with either of them. First, she was linked with actor Kartik Aryan with whom she has done over 4 movies together. They shared sizzling onscreen chemistry and were spotted on various occasions together which made people wonder if they are dating. Though both of them rubbished the dating rumors and said, “We are good friends” in front of the media.
Later, she was linked up with her movie director Luv Ranjan. If reports are to be believed then they were in serious romantic relationship earlier. The rumors sparked during the shoot of movie Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 but both of them have always declined the rumors, later avoiding any sort of personal connection. Though both of these linkups were nothing but just rumors as the actress herself have never confirmed dating anyone and is focused more towards her work at this point of time.
Nushrat Bharucha Career/ Movies
She started her career with movie “Jai Santoshi Maa” as Mahima in 2006. Post that, she did number of movies including Kal Kisne Dekha, Taj Mahal, Love Sex Aur Dhokha, etc. but didn’t get the recognition she was looking for. However in 2011, she appeared in movie “Pyar Ka Punchnama” which worked well at the box office. Her role “Neha” was loved by the audience and she got lots of praise from the critics. Followed by this, she subsequently did movies Akaash Vani, Darr @ The Mall, Meeruthiya Gangsters, etc. But her career’s turning point came after she did movie “Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2”. The movie was a big hit and made her the household name.
Post this movie, there is no looking back for her and she has given many hit movies at the box office including Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety, Dream Girl, etc. Over the time, she cemented her place in the industry and showed people different shades of acting onscreen. Other than movies, she has appeared in various ad commercials and music videos as well. Here is the list of movies she has been part of:
|2006||Jai Santoshi Maa||Mahima|
|2009||Kal Kisne Dekha||Riya|
|2010||Love Sex Aur Dhokha||Shruti Dhaiya|
|2011||Pyaar Ka Punchnama||Neha|
|2014||Darr @ The Mall||Ahana|
|2015||Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2||Ruchika/Chiku|
|2018||Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety||Sweety Sharma|
|2019||Dream Girl||Mahi Karamveer Singh / Mahi rajput|
|2020||Jai Mummy Di||Young Pinky|
Nushrat Bharucha Awards and Achievements
The actress have won several awards and achievements for her performances in the movies. Have a look at some awards won by her:
- 2015- Won BIG Star Entertainment Awards under category of “BIG Star Most Entertaining Actor in a Comedy Role – Female” for movie Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2.
- 2015- Won Big Star Entertainment Awards under category of “Most Entertaining Ensemble Cast” for movie Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2.
- 2016- Won Dada Saheb Phalke Film Foundation Award under category of “Best Actress in Comic Role” for movie Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2.
- 2018- Won Geo Spa Award under category of “Rising Star of India”.
- 2018- Won Dada Saheb Phalke Film Foundation Award under category of “Best Actress in Negative Role” for movie Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety.
- 2018- Won Exhibit Tech Award under category of “Fashion Influencer of the Year”.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram