Name- Rashami Desai
Date of Birth- 13 February 1986
Age- 33 years(as in 2019)
Mother- Rasila Desai
Father- Ajay Desai
Brother- Gaurav Desai
Marital Status/Marriage- Divorced
Husband- Nandish Sandhu (Ex-husband)
Height- 5’3 approx.
Weight- 60kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Rashami Desai Biography
Rashami Desai is an Indian model, dancer and actress. She is primarily known for her work in television and Bhojpuri industry. Born on 13 February, she did her schooling from JB Khot Primary School, Borivali East, Mumbai. She completed her Diploma from Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics. The actress rose to fame for portraying the role of “Tapasya Raghuvendra Pratap Rathore” in Colors popular television show “Uttaran”. She has worked in many Bhojpuri movies in the initial phase of her acting career. She has millions of followers on her Instagram account from all over the world who loves her a lot.
Favorite Things of Rashami Desai
- Hrithik Roshan and Salman Khan are her Favorite Actors.
- Madhuri Dixit and Alia Bhatt are her Favorite Actresses.
- Coffee is her Favorite Beverage.
- Pizza is her Favorite Food.
- White and Black are her Favorite Colors.
- Hum Sath Sath Hain, Andaz Apna Apna, and Mother India are her Favorite Movies.
- Swimming, Travelling, and Dancing are her Favorite Hobbies.
Facts About Rashami Desai
- She got her first assignment while she was doing her diploma.
- Before making her television debut, she has done some B grade Bhojpuri movies like Yeh Lamhe Judaai Ke, Balma Bada Nadaan, Gazab Bhail Rama, Gabbar Singh, Pappu Ke Pyar Ho Gail, Tohse Pyar Ba, etc.
- In the year 2006, she made her acting debut in television with serial “Raavan” where she played the role of “Mandodari”.
- The actress rose to fame after she did serial Uttaran in 2009. The show gave her huge popularity and made her the household name.
- Apart from television and Bhojpuri movies, she has worked in Bengali, Assamese, Bollywood and Manipuri films.
- In the year 2012, she made her Bollywood debut with movie Dabangg 2. She did a cameo in that movie.
- In the year 2015, she did reality show Nach Baliye 7 along with her ex-husband Nandish Sandhu.
- She is a trained Kathak and Bharatnatyam dancer and likes to listen Shastriya Sangeet.
- Her real name was Divya Desai but she changed it to Rashami after producers of one of her show “Pari Hoon Main” told her to change it as they thought, the name is not working for her and the show. Then her mother finalized the name Rashami after consulting a numerologist.
- In the year 2019, she participated in one of the popular reality show “Bigg Boss season 13” along with contestants like Siddharth Dey, Shefali Bagga, Arti Singh, Shehnaz Gill, etc.
- Rashami along with her friend Devoleena Bhattacharjee got eliminated from the show in Ist finale but came back again.
- She was rumored to be one of the highest paid contestant on the show and was paid approx. Rs. 1.2 Crore for her stay in the house.
- In 2019, the actress revealed that she was suffering from psoriasis.
- She is an avid dog lover and has a pet named Oreo.
- She is a devotee of Lord Ganesha.
View this post on Instagram
Rashami Desai Family
She was born in Nagaon, Assam, India into a middle class Hindu family who has its roots in Gujarat. Her father name is Ajay Desai and mother name is Rasila Desai who is a teacher. She has a brother named Gaurav Desai. Her father died when she was a kid and so she & her brother was raised by her mother. She considers her mother as her idol and inspiration. The actress is very close to her family and often shares amazing pictures with them on her Instagram account. She has made her family proud by being one of the popular actresses of the television industry.
Rashami Desai Husband/ Boyfriend
She was married to actor Nandish Sandhu. The two met each other on the sets of their show Uttaran. They became good friends and eventually fall in love. Nandish proposed her in full filmy style to which she said yes to him. The couple finally got hitched on 12 February 2012 in Dholpur. But unfortunately, Rashami suffered a miscarriage. Post which the couple started having problems and finally they decided to divorce each other in 2014 and mutually got divorced in 2015.
After this, her name was linked with actor Siddharth Shukla. They met on the sets of show Dil Se Dil Tak. But they called off the relationship after some ugly fight which is not known by anyone. Post this, her name was linked with actor Laksh Lalwani but it was a rumor. Currently, as per the reports, she is dating diamond merchant turned actor Arhaan Khan. There were some reports that the couple will get married in Bigg Boss house but it was just a rumor which the actress strongly denied.
Rashami Desai Career/ Movies
She started her career with Assamese movie Kanyadaan in 2002. Next, she did movie Yeh Lamhe Hai Judaai Ke” where she played the role of Sheetal. Post that, she did some B grade Bhojpuri movies like Balma Bada Naadan, Gazab Bhail Rama, Gabbar Singh, Pappu Ke Pyar Ho Gail, Tohse Pyar Ba, etc. In the year 2012, she did a cameo role in super hit movie Dabangg 2. The actress has worked in Bengali, Assamese, Bollywood, Gujarati and Bollywood movies. Here is the list of movies she has been part of:
|2004||Yeh Lamhe Judaai Ke||Sheetal||Hindi|
|2004||Balma Bada Nadaan||N/A||Bhojpuri|
|2004||Hum Balbrahma Chaari Tu Kanya Kumari||N/A||Bhojpuri|
|2005||Gazab Bhail Rama||N/A||Bhojpuri|
|2005||Kab Hoi Gauna Hammar||N/A||Bhojpuri|
|2005||Nadiya Ke Teer||N/A||Bhojpuri|
|2006||Bambai Ki Laila Chapra Ka Chaila||N/A||Bhojpuri|
|2006||Kable Aayee Bahaar||N/A||Bhojpuri|
|2006||Kangna Khanke Piya Ke Angna||N/A||Bhojpuri|
|2006||Pappu Ke Pyar Ho Gail||N/A||Bhojpuri|
|2006||Tohse Pyar Ba||N/A||Bhojpuri|
|2008||Bandan Toote Na||N/A||Bhojpuri|
|2008||Pyar Jab Kehu Se Hoi Jala||N/A||Bhojpuri|
|2008||Shahar Wali Jaan Mareli||N/A||Bhojpuri|
|2009||Hum Hai Gawaar||N/A||Bhojpuri|
|2010||Sohagan Bana Da Sajana Hamaar||N/A||Bhojpuri|
|2010||Umariya Kaili Tohre Naam||N/A||Bhojpuri|
Rashami Desai Television Serial
In the year 2006, she made her television debut with serial Raavan. Subsequently, she got another serial named Pari Hoon Main where she played the role of Pari. But her career changed in 2009 when she did the show Uttaran. This show gave her immense popularity and fame on the professional front. Since then there is no looking back for her and she has done many popular shows including Comedy Ka Maha Muqabala, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9, Nach Baliye 7, Adhuri Kahaani Hamari, Dil se Dil Tak, etc. In 2019, she participated in reality show Bigg Boss 13. Here is the list of television serials and movies she has been part of:
|2008||Pari Hoon Main||Nikki/Pari||Star One|
|2008||Ssshhhh...Phir Koi Hai||Mona||Star One|
|2009–2014||Uttaran||Tapasya Rathore||Colors TV|
|2010||Meethi Choori No 1||Contestant||Imagine TV|
|2011–2011||Comedy Ka Maha Muqabala||StarPlus|
|2012||Kahani Comedy Circus Ki||Herself||Sony TV|
|2012||Haunted Nights||Shivani||Sahara One|
|2012||Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9||Herself||Colors TV|
|2012||Comedy Circus 3||Special appearance||Sony TV|
|2013||Bigg Boss 6||Guest appearance||Colors TV|
|2013||Nautanki – The Comedy Theatre||Natkhat Saali||Colors TV|
|2014||Savdhaan India||Mata||Life OK|
|2014||Comedy Nights with Kapil||Guest||Colors TV|
|2015||Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 6||Contestant||Colors TV|
|2015||Farah Ki Dawat||Guest||Colors TV|
|2015||Nach Baliye 7||Herself||Star Plus|
|2015||Ishq Ka Rang Safed||Tulsi||Colors TV|
|2015||Comedy Classes||Guest||Colors TV|
|2015||Teri Ek Hasee||Mute Girl||Music Video by Jubin Nautiyal|
|2016||Adhuri Kahaani Hamari||Preeti||&TV|
|2016||Comedy Nights Live||Performer||Colors TV|
|2017||Bigg Boss 10||Herself - Guest on Finale to promote new show||Colors TV|
|2017||Ek Shringaar-Swabhiman||Guest Appearance||Colors TV|
|2017||Shakti — Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki||Guest Appearance||Colors TV|
|2017||Bigg Boss 11||Guest Appearance||Colors TV|
|2017-2018||Dil Se Dil Tak||Shorvori Bhanushali||Colors TV|
|2018||Tu Aashiqui: Jashn-E-Ishq||Guest Appearance||Colors TV|
|2018||Belan Wali Bahu||Guest Appearance||Colors TV|
|2018||Ace Of Space 1||Guest Appearance||MTV India|
|2018||Naagin 3||Guest Appearance||Colors TV|
|2019||Kitchen Champion 5||Contestant||Colors TV|
|2019||Khatra Khatra Khatra||Herself/Guest||Colors TV|
|2019||Bigg Boss 13||Contestant||Colors TV|
Rashami Desai Awards
The actress has won many awards for her work. Here are some of the awards that she won:
- 2010- Won 10th Indian Television Academy Awards under category of Best Actress in Negative Role (Popular) for serial Uttaran.
- 2010- Won 10th Indian Telly Awards under category of Most Popular Negative Actor (Female) for serial Uttaran.
- 2010- Won 3rd Boroplus Gold Awards under category of Best Actress in Negative Role for serial Uttaran.
- 2011- Won 4th Boroplus Gold Awards under category of Best Actress in Negative Role for serial Uttaran.
- 2011- Won Apsara Awards under category of Best Negative Actress for serial Uttaran.
- 2011- Won BIG Television Awards under category of BIG Namkeen Character Female (Fiction) for serial Uttaran.
- 2017- Won Colors Golden Petal Awards under category of Best Onscreen Jodi (with Siddharth Shukla) for serial Dil Se Dil Tak.
Rashami Desai Controversy
The actress has been part of few controversies as well in her career. She has made headlines all over the news for these controversies. Have a look at some of those:
- She attracted controversy for her relationship with actor Nandish Sandhu. She said in an interview that her husband disrespected and abused her for 3 years after they got married.
- In an interview, she accused one of the website for creating negative rumors and creating bad image of her in the public domain. She stated,
“You know there’s a website called India Forums. They’ve been handling Nandish’s PR and I don’t have a problem but they’ve been giving one-sided stories from Nandish’s end. I’ve never felt the need to explain myself or my relationship to anyone – but there are all sorts of rumours that pin point me and claim that Nandish is completely innocent. In a marriage, I know it is two people’s responsibility, but my relationship was always abusive. India Forums is making it super ugly. They’re only printing one-sided articles about him giving his 100%, when it’s just not true. What are you trying to prove? It’s false information.” Source- Bollywood Shaadis
- During her journey in dance reality show Nach Baliye 7 with her ex-husband, she revealed that she suffered a miscarriage but her husband said that, she never conceived. He said in an interview, “Our focus was on career and we were planning baby after we were professionally settled. So there is no question of miscarriage. I didn’t want to embarrass her on television by questioning her on the same.
- Her name popped up in Mrunal Jain and Varsha Bhagwani’s extra marital affair. Apparently, she supported Mrunal Jain and called Varsha’s mother and said “Aapki Beti Doodh Peeti Bachi Nai Hai”.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
So glad to announce that I’m part of the Bigg Boss 13. The journey begins and like always, all I need is your love and support. 😇 #Repost @colorstv with @make_repost ・・・ Karne sabki Tapasya bhang, aa gayi hai @imrashamidesai ladne #BiggBoss13 ki jung! @beingsalmankhan @vivo_india #BiggBoss #BB13 #SalmanKhan #RashamiDesaiInBB13 #TeamRD