Name- Sanaya Irani
Date of Birth- 17 September 1983
Age- 35 years(as in 2018)
Mother- Name Not Known
Father- Name Not Known
Marital Status/Marriage- Married to Mohit Sehgal
Husband- Mohit Sehgal
Height- 5’5 approx.
Weight- 51kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Sanaya Irani is an Indian television actress, dancer, and model. She is primarily known for her work in small screen industry. Born on 17 September 1983, she completed her schooling from Boarding School in Ooty. She completed her graduation from Sydenham College in Mumbai. The actress rose to fame for her role in Star Plus’s popular Tv serial “Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?” as Khushi Kumari Gupta. She is one of the dominant actresses of the television industry and is loved by everyone. She has a huge fan following.
Facts About Sanaya Irani
- Brad Pitt and Aamir Khan are her Favorite Actors.
- Chocolates, Mushrooms and Brazilian wraps are her Favorite Food.
- Black is her Favorite Color.
- Dancing, Shopping, Travelling and Sleeping are her Favorite Hobbies.
- USA is her Favorite Destination.
- Her first photo shoot was done by Boman Irani when he was a photographer.
- She wanted to do MBA but after getting the modeling contracts, she dropped the idea of doing it.
- If not an actress, she could have become a fashion or interior designer.
- Sanaya was listed #3 in Eastern Eye’s Sexiest Asian Women.
- She is a pet lover and has 3 pets named Tia, Spider, and Kaliya.
- In the year 2015, she participated in dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 8.
- In the year 2013, she made a guest appearance in the controversial reality show Bigg Boss 7.
- She is a close friend of Television actors like Drashti Dhami, Arjun Bijlani, Barun Sobti, and Ragini Khanna.
- The actress is also seen in many commercial Tv ads with actors like Shahrukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan and Priyanka Chopra.
- As she is Parsi so she has faced problem in speaking Hindi but she overcame her problem in short time to make her career in the industry.
- She has received three ‘Face of The Year’ awards and was the only Tv actress who was included in People’s Magazine (India) in forty most beautiful women’s list.
- She has won 2 Indian Television Academy Awards, Star Parivaar Awards, 3 Zee Gold Awards, or few more.
Sanaya Irani Family
She was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra into a middle-class Parsi family. Her father and mother name is not known. She has 2 siblings. The actress is very close to her family and likes to keep her personal life away from the limelight. She has spent seven years of her life in Ooty where she studied in a Boarding school.
Sanaya Irani Husband/ Boyfriend
The actress is married to actor Mohit Sehgal. The couple met on the sets of their show “Miley Jab Hum Tum” in which they played the romantic leads opposite each other. They fell in love but kept their relationship status a secret and announced it to the world only after the show got completed. Their fans call them “Monaya”. After dating for more than 7 years, the couple finally culminated into a beautiful wedding in a grand marriage ceremony on 25 January 2016 in Goa, India at Planet Hollywood Hotel.
Sanaya Irani Career/ Tv shows
She started her career as a model and has worked in many Tv commercials for companies like Reliance, Airtel, Pepsi or many more. She made her dance debut with Jagjit Singh’s music video “Tumko Dekha To Yeh” and from then offers continued to knock her doors. The actress made her acting debut with Kajol and Aamir Khan starer movie Fanna. Later she made her small screen debut with the show “Left Right Left”. Here is the list of shows the actress has been part of till date:
Year Television Shows Role
2007 Left Right Left Cadet Sameera Shroff
2008 Radhaa Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi Sanaya
2008 Kasautii Zindagii Kay Guest
2008-10 Miley Jab Hum Tum Gunjan Bhushan
2008 Kaho Na Yaar Hai Participant
2009 Dill Mill Gayye Gunjan Bhushan/Guest
2010 Zara Nachke Dikha - Season 2 Host
2010 Meethi Choori No 1 Participant
2011 Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai Herself
2011 Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya Herself
2011 Sasural Genda Phool Herself
2011-12 Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada
2011 Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai Khushi/Guest
2011 Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani Herself
2012 Movers & Shakers Masala Markey Guest
2012 Star Parivaar Ka Tyohar Guest
2012 Teri Meri Love Stories Herself/Khushi
2013 Chhanchhan Chhanchhan Sarabhai-Borisagar
2013 Welcome - Baazi Mehmaan-Nawaazi Ki Contestant
2013 Ishq Wala Love Co-host with Karan Grover
2013 Masterchef - Kitchen Ke Superstars As a Celebrity Judge
2013 Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (season 6) Guest / Co-contestant with Drashti Dhami
2013 Bigg Boss 7 Guest appearance
2013-14 Rangrasiya Parvati Rudra Pratap Ranwat (Paro)/Myrah Mehra
2014 Beintehaa Guest/Parvati
2014 Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (season 7) Guest / Support Ashish Sharma
2015 Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (season 8) Contestant [First Runner Up]
2015 Aaj Ki Raat Hai Zindagi Guest
2015 Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? Ek Jashn Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh-Raizada
2016 I Don't Watch TV Herself
2017 Nach Baliye 8 Contestant with Mohit Sehgal [Second Runner Up]
2017 A Table For Two Guest with Mohit Sehgal
2018 India's Next Superstars Guest Contestant
Sanaya Irani Movies
Not only in the small screen industry, but the actress has also been part of few Bollywood movies as well. Though she didn’t get the chance to play the lead but her role in her movies is appreciated by everyone. Here are the movies she has been part of:
Year Film Role
2006 Fanaa Mehbooba
2007 Saawariya Background Dancer
2018 Dum Dum Dumroo Dr. Sneha
2018 Pihu Pihu
Sanaya Irani Controversies
Though she has never indulged in controversies but here is one controversy that she is part of:
- In one of her shows named ChhanChhan, she had issues with her co-star Farhan Khan which made the headlines.