Name- Shilpa Shinde
Date of Birth- 28 August 1977
Age- 40 years(as in 2017)
Mother- Geeta Shinde
Father- Not Known
Sister- Shubha Shinde and Archana Shinde
Brother- Ashutosh Shinde
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’4 approx.
Weight- 66kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Salary- Rs.35,000 per episode
Shilpa Shinde is one of the most finest Tv actresses who is primarily famous for her roles in Indian television Industry. Born on 28 August 1977, she did her schooling in a private school in Mumbai. Later she completed her graduation in psychology from a Government college in Mumbai. The actress ruled on every Indian heart by her fascinating acting in tv serials. Popularly known as Bhabhi Ji, she is incredibly famous for her marvelous comic timing and amazing sense of humor.
Facts About Shilpa Shinde
- Salman Khan and Sachin Khedekar are her Favorite Actors.
- Kajol is her Favorite Actress.
- Ritu Kumar is her Favorite Designer.
- Shopping and Dancing are her Hobbies.
- White and Yellow are her Favorite Colors.
- Shilpa is a Marathi, but her accent is not familiar with Marathis when she speaks Hindi. She can experiment with her accents as well.
- Shilpa always had an interest in acting field, but initially her father was never happy about it.
- She did a couple of Telugu movies, but due to some reasons, they were shelved, after which she tried her luck in the Tv industry.
- Moving towards television Industry proved to be the right move for her as she became part of many hit shows, such as ‘Hatim’, ‘Miss India’, Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai’, etc.
- She became a household name after her role of “Angoori’ in &TV’s famous comedy show Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai.
- She is a devotee of Shirdi’s Sai Baba and Lord Ganesha.
- The most expensive outfit she ever bought was a sari that was worth around INR 25,000.
- In 2016, she left the popular show “Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai” due to her health issues and problems with the serial’s team production.
- She considers Vikas Gupta as one of the reasons behind her exit from the show.
- She was trolled on social media for her overweight for an item song called “Maro Line” in the film ‘Patel Ki Punjab Shaadi’ in 2017.
- In 2017, she entered in the popular reality show “Bigg Boss 11”.
- On 14th January 2018, she was declared the winner of ‘Bigg Boss 11’.
Shilpa Shinde Family
Shilpa hails from a middle-class Marathi-Hindu family in Mumbai. Her mother Geeta Shinde is a homemaker and father was an advocate. Initially, her father was not happy with her decision to make her career in acting. In the year 2013, her father passed away after a prolonged illness. She went into depression after her father’s death. She is very close to her brother Ashutosh Shinde and shares every problem of her with him.
Shilpa Shinde Husband/ Boyfriend
Currently, she is single and enjoying her single status. But there was a time when she was in the headline for her affair with actor Romit Raj. The duo was quite serious in their relationship and even they have planned to tie the knot. Unfortunately, due to some reasons, the two ended their relationship. In 2009, the couple got engaged but their relation didn’t last long and a month prior to their marriage they called it off. Ronit is now married to Tinna Kakkar.
Shilpa Shinde Career
Shilpa always wanted to become an actress, but her family was against it. Despite that, she followed her dream and started her career with Marathi and Telugu films but didn’t succeed. Therefore, she moved to small screen Industry, and in 2002, she made her debut in a negative role with serial ‘Bhabhi’.
She did many serials until 2014, but the fame was still missing in her life. Then in 2015, she appeared in popular comedy show ‘Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai’ as ‘Angoori Bhabhi’, after which she reached the heights of her fame and became a household name. Here is the list of television shows the actress has been part of:
|2001–03||Kabhi Aaye Na Judaai|
|2004–06||Meher - Kahani Haq Aur Haqeeqat Ki|
|2005–06||Rabba Ishq Na Hove|
|2006–07||Betiyaan Apni Yaa Paraaya Dhan|
|2007||Hari Mirchi Lal Mirchi|
|2013–14||Do Dil Ek Jaan|
|2013-14||Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev|
|2015–16||Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai!|
|2017–18||Bigg Boss 11|
|2018||Entertainment Ki Raat|
|2018||Jio Dhan Dhana Dhan|
|2017||Patel Ki Punjabi Shaadi|
Shilpa Shinde Controversy
The beautiful and talented actress has been part of few controversies:
- She left Life Ok’s serial Do Dil Ek Jaan because she felt that her character was not given much attention.
- The fairy tale journey of her popular show ‘Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai’ has ended in 2016 due to some issues with her production team. She even filed an F.I.R against Sanjay Kohli, accusing him of sexual harassment. She also took the support of MNS chief, Raj Thackrey.
Ruling the industry since 1999, we wish the actress long years of success ahead in her life.