Name- Varalaxmi Sarathkumar
Date of Birth- 5 March 1985
Age- 34 years(as in 2019)
Mother- Chaya Sarathkumar
Father- Ramanathan Sarathkumar
Step-Mother- Raadhika Sarathkumar
Sister– Pooja Sarathkumar
Brother- Rahul Sarathkumar (Half brother)
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’5 approx.
Weight- 57kg approx.
Net Worth- N/A
Varalaxmi Sarathkumar Biography
Varalaxmi Sarathkumar is an Indian actress. She is primarily known for her work in Tamil, Malayalam, and Kannada industry. Born on 5 March 1985, she did her schooling from St. Michael’s Academy in Chennai. She completed her graduation in B.Sc from Hindustan College of Arts and Science in Chennai and later went to The University of Edinburgh in Scotland to complete her post-graduation in Masters of Business Management. The actress rose to fame with her debut movie “”Podaa Podi” where she portrayed the role of a London based dancer in 2012. She won lots of critical acclaim for her performance. She has lots of followers on her Instagram account from all over the world who loves her immensely.
Facts About Varalaxmi Sarathkumar
- Shahrukh Khan, Vikram, and Vicky Kaushal are her Favorite Actors.
- Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra are her Favorite Actresses.
- A.R. Rehman is her Favorite Musician.
- Dancing and Travelling are her Favorite Hobbies.
- She likes tattoos and has one on the right forearm and upper back.
- Coming from a filmy family, she always wanted to make her career in the entertainment industry.
- She learned acting from Anupam Kher’s acting institute “Actor Prepares” in Mumbai after completing her studies.
- In 2012, she made her debut with Tamil movie “Podaa Podi” as Nisha and got lots of positive reviews from the critics for her performance.
- The actress has worked in many different languages including Malayalam, Tamil and Kannada.
- Apart from acting, she works as model too and has walked the ramp for many big brands.
- In the year 2016, she almost lost 10kg for Tamil movie “Tharai Thappattai” because she had to portray a karakattam dancer.
- She is actively involved in social work and started a campaign “Save Shakti” in 2017 to fight for women empowerment.
- She is an avid pet lover.
- The actress follows Yogi Sadhguru.
View this post on Instagram
Had the pleasure of meeting @sadhguru had an amazing session about #CauveryCalling an amazing initiative..I think we all should lend a hand in saving our rivers n mainly for humanity in general..we need to act now in order to save our future generation..thank you @suhasinihasan for this amazing opportunity…I think it’s time we all join hands to save our future..
Varalaxmi Sarathkumar Family
She was born in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India into a high class Hindu family. Her father name is Ramanathan Sarathkumar who is a veteran actor and mother name is Chaya Sarathkumar, a homemaker. She has a step mother named Raadhika Sarathkumar, an actress. She is eldest of four children two sisters Pooja Sarathkumar (Younger), Rayanne Hardy (Step-sister) and Rahul (Half-brother). Coming from a family with filmy background, she was destined to make her career in the same. The actress is very close to her family and has gracefully taken the legacy forward by being one of the known actress of South industry.
Varalaxmi Sarathkumar Boyfriend/ Husband
She is currently single and not dating anyone. At this moment, she is focusing entirely on her career and her work. Despite being one of the known actresses of the entertainment industry, there is no buzz of her dating anyone. She has lots of male friends but none of them are her love interest. However, earlier there were rumors of her dating actor Vishal. But it was Vishal’s engagement that put an end to their relationship rumor. They both consider each other as their good friends only.
Varalaxmi Sarathkumar Career/ Movies
Coming from a filmy background, she was always destined to make her career in the entertainment industry. So, after completing her masters, she moved back to India and learned acting from Anupam Kher’s acting school. And finally in 2012, she made her big screen debut with movie “Podaa Podi”. The movie was a hit and she won lots of critical acclaim for her performance. Then in 2014, she made her Kannada debut with movie “Maanikya” as Sindhu. The movie emerged as one of the most profitable Kannada movie of that year. Since then there is no looking back for her and she has given many hits at the box office. Here is the list of movies she has been part of:
|2017||Masterpiece||ACP Bhavani Durga||Malayalam|
|2019||Tenali Ramakrishna BA BL||TBA||Telugu|
Varalaxmi Sarathkumar Television Shows
Apart from big screen, the actress has been part of small screen as well. Here is the list of television serials she has been part of:
|2018||Enga Veetu Mapillai||Herself||Tamil|
Varalaxmi Sarthkumar Awards
She has won many awards for her performances. Here are few:
- 2012- Won Vijay Award for Best Debut Actress for movie Podaa Podi.
- 2012- Won Edison Award for Best Debut Actress for movie Podaa Podi.
- 2016- Won 6th South Indian International Movie Awards for Critics Choice Best Actress for movie Tharai Thappattai.
- 2017- Won Edison Award for Best Character Role – Female for movie Vikram Vedha.
- 2018- Won Behindwoods Gold Medals for movie Sarkar & Sandakozhi 2.
- 2018- Won Ananda Vikatan Cinema Awards for Best Villain — Female for movie Sarkar & Sandakozhi 2.
- 2019- Won 8th South Indian International Movie Awards for movie Sarkar.
Varalaxmi Sarathkumar Controversy
The actress has been part of controversy and made headlines in June 2019 after she lashed out at actor Vishal for stooping to such level. She took to Twitter and shared,
— varalaxmi sarathkumar (@varusarath) 14 June 2019
I’m saddened and shocked at how low you have stooped down in your recent election campaign video. Any respect I have left for you is now gone..it’s so sad to see you harp on my father’s past especially when you have NOT been able to prove squat..since you keep saying the law is the highest..according to that same law any person is innocent until proven guilty..if he was guilty he would have been sentenced by now.. So have some class and grow up..when you make such cheap videos it shows your class can’t blame you, I guess cos that’s the way u have been brought up.. let’s not behave like you are a saint… I think we all know your double standards and lies. If you were such a saint I don’t think people from your own so called #pandavarani would have left and created a group just to bring you down. If you are so proud of what you have done why don’t you showcase that instead of bringing down my dad when he’s not even involved this time. So many people can’t be wrong about you.. all this time I respected you and I have been there for you as a friend always. Now you have taken it too far.. it’s so sad instead of making a positive video about the things you have achieved you resorted to the lowest form of campaigning. Well I guess you are a true actor at least off screen after all..!! Like you say I really hope the truth prevails…
View this post on Instagram
Thank you #techofesawards… its always amazing to win an award that’s voted by the students.. thank you so much..this is my 3rd award with u..so it’s a hatrick…thank u for the votes and remember vote for ur country too..muahhh love u all.. #bestactorinnegativerole Styled by @jayalakshmisundaresan Outfit by @zara Hair by @sridhar.hair
View this post on Instagram
All dolled up for #maari2 #dec21release #promotions..feeling like a #rainbow thank you to my darlinnggssssss for dressing me up…muuuahhhhh Styled by @jayalakshmisundaresan Outfit by @poornima_i @poornimaindrajith Makeup by @makeupbywanshazia Hairstylist by @drushty.saruparia Jewellery by @sonalfashion Clicked by @kiransaphotography