Name- Zareen Khan
Date of Birth- 14 May 1987
Age- 33 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Name Not Known
Father- Name Not Known
Sister– Not Known
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’5 approx.
Net Worth- $4 million approx.
Zareen Khan Biography
Zareen Khan is an Indian actress and model. She is primarily known for her work in Hindi and Punjabi industry. Born on 14 May 1987, she is one of those celebrity who has achieved success facing so much pressure and backlash from the audiences. The actress made her debut with big budget movie “Veer” opposite Salman Khan but the movie turned out to be a flop at box office. More than her performance, she gained attention for her resemblance with actress Katrina Kaif. The pressure to make her own identity in the industry has taken a toll on her but she opened up about the same, and tried to make her identity for her work.
From being a saree-clad princess to a babe in many movies of her, she has successfully established her place in the industry. Let’s read more about her family, boyfriend, career, and more details.
Zareen Khan Family
She was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra into a middle class Muslim family. The actress lives with her mother and younger sister in an apartment in Lokhandwala, Mumbai. Her father left them as he was not ready to take responsibility of 2 daughters. And therefore, she took a lots of responsibility on her shoulders to support her family. The actress even didn’t continue her studies further so she can earn money for her family. Today, with so much hard work and survival, she has achieved a lot and gave her mother & sister all the comforts she could in the best way possible.
Zareen Khan Boyfriend
She is rumored to be dating fitness trainer Abbas Ali. He has his own gym named “Bodyholics Combine Training Gym” in Lokhandwala, Mumbai. He has number of top class celebrities including Gauhar Khan, Sonakshi Sinha, Shahid Kapoor, and more. Even though the actress claims her to be single but as per the latest buzz, she is dating Abbas Ali. According to some news portal, they have been in relationship since mid-2018 and are quite about their relationship. Also, they have introduced each other to their families.
However, the actress has denied any such news and said that there is nothing between them and Ali is a only a dear friend, with whom she likes to hangout. So, this might be the rumor but as they say, One can’t hide Love, we’d love to see when this rumored couple will officially accept their relationship. Other than him, her name was also linked with actor Salman Khan.
Zareen Khan Career
She began her acting career with movie “Veer” opposite actor Salman Khan. She was first noticed by him on the sets of movie “Yuvraj” and he decided to cast her. He said, she looks absolutely like the character they were looking for, i.e, the sweet princess. Then she was called for the screen test and grabbed the lead role of Princess Yashodhra in that movie. In order to be convincing to play the role, she gained 8 kilos. However, the movie didn’t work well at the box office and her performance received mixed reviews by critics.
She then appeared in an item song “Character Dheela” with Salman Khan and the song went to become a chartbuster hit. But her career’s breakthrough role came in 2012 when she did multi-starrer movie “Houseful 2” which was one of the biggest hits of the year. Though her performance was good but she was still due on getting the stardom she deserved. Then in 2014, she gave an award winning performance in movie “Jatt James Bond”, making her Punjabi debut and people loved her in it.
Post that, she worked in number of movies but some of them were successful whereas some weren’t and then she started shifting to leading roles, music videos, web series, etc. It won’t be wrong to say that despite having so many ups and downs, getting compared to Katrina Kaif in looks, facing backlash, etc. she has always opened up about her struggles and worked hard in every condition. Here are the movies she has been part of:
|2013||Naan Rajavaga Pogiren||Malgove||Tamil|
|2014||Jatt James Bond||Lalli||Punjabi|
|2014||DOA: Death of Amar||Journalist||Hindi|
|2015||Hate Story 3||Siya Deewan||Hindi|
|2016||Wajah Tum Ho||Cameo||Hindi|
Zareen Khan Controversies
Some of the popular controversies of actress Zareen Khan are as:
- In 2017, she criticized her movie Aksar’s makers for misleading her. According to her, she was told that it would be an inoffensive movie but later they changed the movie’s theme and asked her for more exposing scenes.
- On 6 December 2018, she made headlines in the news after she filed a case against her former manager. Her manager named “Anjali”, allegedly started misbehaving and threating her for some money dispute.
- The actress met an accident on 12 December 2018 in Goa, when a man of 31 age crashed into her car from behind and diet at the spot. As per the reports, Ali Abbas was behind the steering wheels at that time.
Some Interesting Facts About Zareen Khan
The actress has created waves with her sensuous bold avatar in some of her movies and has achieved a name in the industry. Lets’ have a look at some of the interesting facts about her:
- She was born into a Pathan family in Bandra, Mumbai.
- The actress lives with her mother and younger sister. Her father left them when she was a child as he didn’t want to take responsibility of 2 daughters.
- She has completed her studies from Rizvi College of Science.
- Not actress, but her dream was to become a doctor. Though she discontinued her studies in between to support her family.
- Her first job was at a call center.
- Before becoming an actress, she decided to work as an air-hostess.
- The actress can speak Hindi, Marathi and English fluently.
- To make her career in Bollywood, she has lost almost 43 kilos.
- At one point, she used to weigh almost 100 kilos.
- She was noticed by the Bollywood superstar Salman Khan first on the sets of his movie “Yuvraj”.
- It was her mother who told her to do movie “Hate Story 3” owing to their bad financial conditions.
- Other than Bollywood, she has worked in Punjabi industry as well and made her debut with movie “Jatt James Bond”.
- In 2013, she made her Tamil debut with movie Naan Rajavaga Pogiren.
- For her debut movie “Veer”, she had to gain 8 kilos to look like the princess role she did.
- She has graced the cover of popular magazines like Vogue, Perfect Women Magazine, Beauty, Femina, and more.