Name- Rhea Kapoor
Date of Birth- 5 March 1987
Age- 33 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Sunita Kapoor
Father- Anil Kapoor
Sister– Sonam Kapoor
Brother- Harshwardhan Kapoor
Marital Status/Marriage- Unmarried
Height- 5’7 approx.
Net Worth- $6-7 million approx.
Rhea Kapoor Biography
Rhea Kapoor is an Indian producer. She is primarily known for her being a fashionista and producer to number of successful movies. She comes from a family where almost every member is a star and bears the legacy of Surinder Kapoor and Anil Kapoor. The gorgeous Rhea is sister of Bollywood’s heartthrobs Sonam Kapoor and Harshvardhan Kapoor. Born on 5 March 1987, she did her schooling from Dhirubhai Ambani School. She completed her graduation in Dramatic Literature and theatre course from New York University in New York. In 2010, she started her cinematic career with movie “Aisha” as a producer having Sonam and Abhay Deol in the lead roles. Eventually, she got her first success with movie “Khoobsoorat” and has not stopped her buzz post that. Other than production, she ventured into fashion industry and launched her clothing line in 2017 named “Rheson”. Let’s get to know more about “Women of the moment” Rhea Kapoor.
Facts About Rhea Kapoor
- Fawad Khan and Anil Kapoor are her Favorite Actors.
- Sonam Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor are her Favorite Actresses.
- Cricket is her Favorite Sports.
- Virat Kohli is her Favorite Cricketer.
- Slumdog Millionaire and 3 idiots are her Favorite Movies.
- Travelling and Dancing are her Favorite Hobbies.
- Despite coming from a family of big and popular actors, she chose different career other than acting and made her family proud of her.
- She was always sure that she doesn’t want to be in the acting field as according to her, she doesn’t have that patience in her which is required for an actor.
- After completing her schooling, she went to New York and did a course in “Dramatic Literature and Theatre Course”.
- She then started her career as an assistant director to Ayan Mukherjee in movie Wake up Sid starring Ranbir Kapoor.
- In 2010, she debuted as a producer with movie “Aisha” starring her sister and actor Abhay Deol in the lead. The movie, however, was a flop at box office.
- Later in 2014, she produced another movie “Khoobsoorat” which was a semi-hit and was loved by the audience.
- It is Rhea who introduced the Chocolaty boy Fawad Khan into Bollywood.
- Other than production, she entered into fashion venture with her sister Sonam. The name of the clothing brand is “Rheson” in 2017, having initials of both the sisters.
- She along with her superstar sister Sonam Kapoor have also appeared on the cover page of several popular magazines.
Rhea Kapoor Family
She was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra into a high class Punjabi family. Her father name is Anil Kapoor, a popular Bollywood actor and mother name is Sunita Kapoor, a costume designer. She has two siblings, one elder sister Sonam Kapoor and younger brother Harshvardhan Kapoor. Both of them are popular actors of Bollywood. She shares close bond with her family and loves them like anything. She never misses a chance to let them know what place they hold in her life and is doing her best to make them proud.
Bollywood’s popular Director/ producer Boney Kapoor and actor Sanjay Kapoor are her uncles. Actors like Arjun Kapoor, Jhanvi Kapoor, Mohit Marwah, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor are her cousins. She shares great relationship with all of them and it can be seen on her Instagram account where she posts pictures with them often.
Rhea Kapoor Boyfriend/ Husband
She is dating producer Karan Boolani. Karan is a very dear friend to Sonam and have known her family from a long time. It won’t be wrong to say that Karan has been a family to Kapoor family even before he started dating the confident and bold Rhea. The couple have been dating for more than a decade and are madly in love with each other. Initially, they didn’t want the public to know about them dating but after a while they made it official after they started posting lovey-dovey couples pictures together on their respective accounts.
Karan is like a family and even Anil treat him as his son just like Anand and Harshavardhan. It is now just a formality when he and rhea will tie the knot. If reports are to be believed, the couple will soon tie the knot in a lavish wedding ceremony accompanied by their close friends and family.
Rhea Kapoor Career
Born in the family of actors, her having a career in the acting field was almost certain. Daughter of Anil Kapoor, sister of Sonam Kapoor and Harshvardhan, it won’t be wrong to say that talent is in her genes. But she being talent powerhouse knows how to stand out and so despite following her career in acting, she chose fashion and production as her career choice. After completing her studies from New York, she started her career as an assistant director to Ayan Mukherjee for movie Wake Up Sid.
Later, she ventured into production and produced her first movie Aisha (2010) starring Sonam Kapoor and Abhay Deol in the lead roles. Though the movie didn’t work well at the box office but she along with her sister were highly praised for showing a different view of fashion and dressing sense into Bollywood through that movie. Sonam’s look and dresses grabbed everyone’s eye and gave her lots of positive critics and comments for the same. Then in 2014, she produced another movie “Khoobsoorat”, which was a big hit.
There is no looking back for her since then and Internet has not stopped buzzing about the Boss Kapoor sisters. In no time, she set the new marketing and packaging standards of movies in Bollywood with the release of movie “Veerey Di Wedding”. Other than production, she is doing quite well in fashion industry as well. In 2017, she and her sister Sonam Kapoor launched a fashion clothing line “Rheson” which created wave in the world of fashion.