Name- Mohan Bhagwat
Date of birth- 11 September 1950
Age- 67 years(as in 2017)
Father- Madhukar Rao Bhagwat
Marriage/Marital Status- Unmarried
Security- Z+ Security
Height- 5’8 approx.
Weight- 72 kg approx.
Mohan Madhukar Bhagwat is an Indian politician. He is the current Chief aka Sarsanghchalak of Hindu nationalist organization RSS ( Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh) in India. Born on 11 September 1950 in Chandrapur(Maharashtra), Mohan Bhagwat did his schooling from Lokmanya Tilak Vidyalaya, Chandrapur, Maharashtra. He did his college from Janata College, Chandrapur and Government Veterinary College, Nagpur.
Facts About Mohan Bhagwat
- In March 2009, he was chosen as the successor to K.S Sudarshan.
- He dropped his post-graduation course in Veterinary Science and became a full-time promoter of RSS( Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh).
- In 1977, he became pracharak of Akola in Maharashtra. He rose within the organization and was responsible for Nagpur and Vidarbha region.
- From 1991-1999, he became ‘Akhil Bhartiya Sharirik Pramukh’ as incharge of physical training in India. He was further promoted as ‘Akhil Bhartiya Pracharak Pramukh’ as incharge of RSS volunteers working full time in India.
- In 2000, due to poor health Rajendra Singh and H.V Sheshadri decided to step down from their post as RSS chief and General Secretary. Then K.S Sudarshan was nominated as new chief and Mohan Bhagwat became the General Secretary.
- On 21 March 2009, he was chosen as the chief executive of RSS. After Dr. K.B Hegdewar, he is one of the youngest leaders to head the RSS.
- He is one of the most protected Indians as on 25 June 2015, the government of India ordered the CISF( Central Industrial Security Force) to provide Mohan Bhagwat with round the clock protection.
Mohan Bhagwat Family
Bhagwat is the eldest son of his parents. He has two younger brothers and one sister. He comes from a family of RSS activists. His father was Madhukar Rao Bhagwat. He was the secretary for Chandrapur Zone and later divisional promoter for Gujrat.
Mohan Bhagwat Controversy
- Bhagwat raised the controversy when he said- Women should be housewives and men a bread earner
- His comment on decreasing Hindu population.
- Mohan Bhagwat sparks the controversy after addressing every Muslims in India as Hindu.
- Bhagwat once said conversions to Christianity was the main objective of Mother Teresa services for poor.