Name- Nusrat Jahan
Date of Birth- 8 January 1990
Age- 30 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Sushma Khatun
Father- Shah Jahan
Sister– Nuzhat Jahan and Pooja Prassad
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Husband- Nikhil Jain
Height- 5’7 approx.
Weight- 59kg approx.
Net Worth- $4 million approx.
Nusrat Jahan Biography
Nusrat Jahan is an Indian actress and politician. She is primarily known for her work in Bengali cinema. Born on 8 January 1990, she did her schooling from Our Lady Queen of the Missions School, Kolkata. She completed her graduation in Bachelor of Commerce from Bhawanipur College in Kolkata. The actress rose to fame for her work in movies include Khiladi, with Ankush Hazra, Sondhe Namar Agey, with Rahul Bose and Power. These movies gave her immense popularity and fame on the work front. Other than acting, she is also a known politician. She has millions of followers on her Instagram account from all over the world who loves her immensely for her looks, acting skills and other talents.
Facts About Nusrat Jahan
- Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan and Ranbir Kapoor are her Favorite Actors.
- Bipasha Basu is her Favorite Actress.
- Cricket is her Favorite Sports.
- Sourav Ganguly is her Favorite Cricketer.
- Red, Pink and Blue are her Favorite Colors.
- Mishti Doi and Mutton Biryani are her Favorite Food.
- Shreya Ghoshal and Arijit Singh are her Favorite Singers.
- Paris and Italy are her Favorite Destinations.
- Playing Guitar, Travelling, Gymming and Yoga are her Favorite Hobbies.
- In 2010, she started her career as a model after winning beauty contest “Fair-one Miss Kolkata”.
- Later in 2011, she made her acting debut with movie “Shotru” as Pooja. Eventually she had to win the audition from 50 contestant to get paired opposite Jeet.
- Her career’s turning point came after she appeared in 2 item songs named “Chicken Tandoori” and “Desi Chhori” which were blockbusters.
- Post that, she did number of movies including Khoka 420, Sondhey Namar Age, Har Har Byomkesh, Asur, One, etc. and became the household name.
- The actress has won several awards for her performances in the movies including Star Jalsha Parivar Awards, Tele Cine Awards, etc.
- Other than movies, she also appeared in theme song of BCL for team “Midnapore Mighties” with Sayantika Banerjee and Dev.
- Bangladeshi actress Tareen Jahan is her Father’s sister.
- She is married to businessmen Nikhil Jain and because of her marriage, she was unable to attend oath-taking ceremony in parliament. But she took the oath on 25 June after tying the knot with Nikhil.
- Actress Mimi Chakraborty is her good friend.
Nusrat Jahan Family
She was born in Kolkata, West Bengal into a middle class Bengali Muslim family. Her father name is Shah Jahan and mother name is Sushma Khatun. She has two sisters named Nuzhat Jahan and Pooja Prassad. The actress shares close bond with her family and often shares amazing pictures with them on her Instagram account. She has made her family proud by being one of the known actresses of the Bengali cinema.
Nusrat Jahan Husband/ Boyfriend
She is married to businessmen Nikhil Jain. They met each other when Nikhil was launching a store in Gariahat and was looking for a top model. His marketing team came up on board with Nusrat. Then, the first time they met while she was shooting for his brand. It was Nikhil who instantly liked her personality and wanted to know her more, so he asked her for a date. Though she said she’ll come for coffee but never showed up as her mother was not well at that time. But after the 3rd photoshoot, they had lunch together and get to know each other better.
They talked about many things including their previous relationships and decided to give each other a shot. After a while, they started dating and fell in love with each other. One day Nikhil proposed her in a filmy style to which she said, “Yes”. And finally on 19 June 2019, they tied the knot in Turkey’s Bodrum in a private wedding ceremony accompanied by close friends and family. The couple is madly in love with each other and share amazing pictures together on their respective Instagram account.
However before marrying Nikhil, she was rumored to be dating Kadir Khan. But they broke up after a while due to some personal reasons. Also, she was rumored to be married to a businessmen named Victor Ghosh from Jameshdpur.
Nusrat Jahan Career/ Movies
She started her career as a model after she won “Fair-one Miss Kolkata” in 2010. After winning the title, she got the opportunity to make her acting debut with movie “Shotru” as Pooja in 2011. Post this movie, she took break and came back onscreen with movies like Khoka 420 and Khiladi. These movies didn’t work well at the box office and she was still to achieve her dreams. But fortunately, she got to work in item songs namely “Chicken Tandoori”, from Action and “Desi Chhori” from Yoddha – The Warrior, both of which became instant hit giving her immense popularity. Subsequently, she did number of movies later on including Jamai 420, Har Har Byomkesh, Love Express, Ami Je Ke Tomar, etc. and became the household name.
Over the years, she became one of the best actresses of the Bengali cinema owing to her hard work and dedication towards work. Most of her films were blockbuster and she never failed to amaze her fans with her performances. Here is the list of movies she has been part of:
|2014||Yoddha : The Warrior||Herself|
|2014||Sondhey Namar Age||Rupsa|
|2015||Har Har Byomkesh||Shakuntala|
|2016||Love Express||Neelasha / Neel|
|2016||Zulfiqar||Rani Talapatra (Cleopatra)|
|2017||Ami Je Ke Tomar||Esha|
|2017||Bolo Dugga Maiki||Uma|
Nusrat Jahan Political Career
On 12 March 2019, she contested for general election of 2019 from Basirhat Lok Sabha Constituency. This news was announced by West Bengal Chief Minister and President of Trinamool Congress Party Mamta Banerjee. The actress turned politician emerged as the winner by a huge margin of 350,000 votes against BJP candidate Sayatan Basu.
Nusrat Jahan Controversies
The actress has been surrounded by several controversies in the span of her career. Have a look at some of the popular ones:
- On 30-9-2016, her ex-boyfriend named Kader Khan was arrested in the case of Park street gang rape. Around this time, she was in close association with him preparing to get married. And following his bf’s arrest, some lawyers demanded Nusrat’s arrest as well on the grounds of sheltering a criminal at her place.
- In October 2019, she was criticized by a Muslim cleric for attending a Durga Puja celebration. The prominent Muslim cleric slammed her for participating in Hindu rituals and said that she should change her name and religion for defaming Islam by her actions. She has also been in the line of fire for sporting mangalsutra and sindur which is a Hindu symbol.
- Another controversy which made headlines in the news were when on the first day of her Parliament, she uploaded a picture on her social media account wearing western clothes with parliament in the background. And thus, she along with Mimi Chakraborty were questioned for their attire that they wore.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
Honoured to be felicitated at “15th Tumi Ananya Awards” for “Excellence in Parliamentary Affairs” in my maiden year as a Parliamentarian. I hope I am able to deliver my best for my people & country. #womensday2020 #celebratingwomanhood Outfit: @rangoliindia Styling: @sandip3432 Hair: @simaghosh4222 Make-up: @makeupartist.sourab 📸: @sandip3432 & @sandipg383