Name- Andre Russell
Date of Birth- 29 April 1988
Age- 32 years(as in 2020)
Mother- Sandra Davis
Father- Michael Russell
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Wife- Jassym Lora
Daughter- Aaliyah Russell
Height- 6’1 approx.
Weight- 85kg approx.
Net Worth- US$5 million approx.
Salary- Retainer Fee- INR 8 crores Approx.
Andre Russell Biography
Andre Russell is an International west Indies player who is known as one of the greatest T20 players to have ever played the game. He has played more than 300 T20 matches for range of various sides throughout the world and have impressed everyone with his performance. He is an all-rounder player, a right-handed batsman and right-arm fast bowler. Born on 28 April 1988, he forgo his post-high school education to pursue his career in cricket. With his consistency, dedication and passion for cricket, he earned a strong reputation as one of the most prominent limited overs cricketer in the world. Russell has come a long way despite having various ups and downs throughout his career. He has millions of followers on his Instagram account from all over the world who loves him immensely for his cricketing skills and unique hairstyles.
Favorite Things of Andre Russell
- Jamie Foxx is his Favorite Actor.
- Ab de Villiers, Chris Gayle, and Virat Kohli are his Favorite Cricketers.
- Courtney Walsh is his Favorite Bowler.
- Fried Dumplings, Curry Goat and Saltfish are his Favorite Food.
- He likes drinking alcohol.
- Pull Shot is his Favorite Shot.
- Travelling and Partying are his Favorite Hobbies.
- He is known as one of the most powerful hitters of cricket ball.
- He loves playing against Australia and India.
Facts About Andre Russell
- In 2010, he started his domestic career playing at Barnards Gren Cricket Club, Worcestershire, England and helped them in securing promotion from Worcestershire Cricket League into Birmingham League cricket. He performed well with both bat and ball by picking 39 wickets and hitting 799 runs in 11 innings.
- His all-rounder performances in the matches instantly grabbed attention and impressed Vivian Richards, who counted him as one of the best players of West Indies future players that would be worth watch out for.
- Owing to his performance, he got the chance to make his international test cricket debut in 2010 against team Sri Lanka.
- In the next year, he made his ODI debut in 2011 Cricket match World Cup at Mohali, India where he took 1/37 in the match.
- His international performances paved him the way to enter IPL during 2012 auction, where he was bought at a heavy price of $450,000 by Delhi Daredevils.
- On September 2013, he made a unique record against India A where he became first bowler in the history of cricket of T20 who took 4 wickets in 4 successive deliveries. He took wickets of players including Kedhar Jadhav, Yuvraj Singh, Naman Ojha, and Yusuf Pathan.
- The star cricketer has been part of 2 World Cup winning team in 2012 and 2016. Both of them were in T20 format.
- In the year 2014, he started his 2nd career as recording artist under “Dre Russ” and released 2 single sets, one in collaboration with Beenie Man.
- Later in 2016, he won the inaugural PSL title. He played for Islamabad United and finished the tournament as leading wicket-taker.
- Russel is one of the best players of West Indies and has played for various franchises including Sydney Thunders, Sylhet Royals, Jamaica Tallawahs, Islamabad United, Delhi Daredevils, and Kolkata Knight Riders.
- He is a very colorful personality and is known for his unique and funky hairstyles.
Andre Russel Family
He was born in Kingston, Jamaica into a middle class Christian family. His mother name is Sandra Travis, a teacher and father name is Michael Russell. He has 4 siblings. The star shares close bond with his family and often shares amazing pictures with them on his Instagram account. Initially, his mother wanted him to complete his studies instead focusing on cricket as he belonged to a poor middle class family. But he forgo his post high school education to pursue cricket as a career. And with his hard work and passion for the cricket, he became one of the best cricketers of the international cricket.
Andre Russell Wife/ Girlfriend
He is married to his long-time girlfriend Jassym Lora. Jassym is an American model by profession. They met each other, liked each other and to know each other more, they started dating. After dating for a long time, they got engaged in 2014 and ended up marrying each other in the year 2016. They are madly in love with each other and it can be seen through the videos that they share on their respective Instagram accounts. The couple are proud parents of a daughter named Aaliyah Russell.
Andre Russel Career/ Debut
He started his domestic cricket career playing for Barnards Green Cricket Club at England in 2010, where he took 39 wickets and made 799 runs in just 11 innings. His performance impressed the cricket board and he got the opportunity to made his International test cricket against team Sri Lanka in that very same year. Later in 2011, he made his ODI debut against team Ireland at Mohali. Subsequently, he made his T20 debut against Pakistan. On 10 May 2012, he made it to the Indian Premier League for team Delhi Daredevils and was bought for a high price of $450,000. Ahead of 2014, he was bought by Kolkata Knight Riders and played crucial role in the winning of the team many times.
He is one of the best players in the world known for his batting skills in T20 formats. The star has made lots of records as well to his name. Other than cricket, he is also a recording artist and has released several singles.
Andre Russell Records and Achievements
Have a look at some of the best records and achievements made by him:
- 2013- Took 4 wickets in 4 consecutive deliveries against India A in T20 International match. He took the wickets of Kedar Jadhav, Yuvraj Singh, Yusuf Pathan and Naman Ojha.
- 2015- During 2015-16 Big Bash League, he made 186 runs along with picking up 16 wickets and helped Sydney Thunders to win the title easily.
- 2016- Named in T20 XI of the year by Cricinfo.
- 2018- While playing against Tribango Knight Riders, he made a century in just 40 balls. Also, he took a hat-trick in the same match, thus becoming 2nd cricketer after Joe Denly who not only hit a century but also took hat-trick in the match.
- 2018- Named in T20 XI of the year by Cricinfo.
- 2019- Named in T20 XI of the year by Cricinfo.
Andre Russell Controversy
The cricketer has made headlines for several controversies as well. Here are few:
- In the year 2016, according to Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission, Russel commited an “anti-doping whereabouts” violation after missing three doping tests in a 12-month period. He was then banned for one year from cricket for this violation.
- Once he made a controversial statement where he said that just playing for West Indies wouldn’t be enough for him to meet his expenses.
View this post on Instagram