Name- Chris Morris
Date of Birth- 30 April 1987
Age- 33 years(as in 2020)
Nationality- South African
Mother- Name Not Known
Father- Willie Morris
Marital Status/Marriage- Married
Wife- Lisa Morris
Height- 6’4 approx.
Weight- 90kg approx.
Net Worth- US$16.5 million approx.
Chris Morris Biography
Chris Morris is an International South African cricketer. He is primarily known as a very effective bowler and impactful batsman of South Africa team. Born on 30 April 1987, he completed his education from his hometown in South Africa. He started his cricket career in 2009 with North West Cricket team but rose to fame in 2011/12 domestic T20 competition where he ended the series with 21 wickets. Chris has made an impression of his own in world cricket and has a huge fan base across the world. He is an all-rounder who bats fearlessly and can seize the game from his side with his amazing bowling skills.
Favorites Things of Chris Morris
- Dax Shephard is his Favorite Actor.
- Emma Watson is his Favorite Actress.
- Jacques Kallis, AB De Villiers and Chris Gayle are his Favorite Batsmen.
- Dale Steyn is his Favorite bowler.
- Roasted rack of lamb is his Favorite Food.
- Playing Golf and Travelling are his Favorite Hobbies.
Facts About Chris Morris
- He belongs to a cricket family as his father was also a cricketer who has played for Northern Transvaal. It was him who introduced him to the world of cricket.
- In 2009, he made his first class cricket debut with North West team but didn’t get success early in his domestic career. However, he grabbed everyone’s attention on him after his spectacular performance in 2011-12 domestic T20 competition by picking up 21 wickets.
- Later in 2012, he showed impressive performance playing for Highveld Lions in Champions League. Even though his team lost in the finals but he drew everyone’s attention on him with his exceptional bowling.
- In the same year, he made his T20I debut at Durban against New Zealand and took 2 wickets in the match. While some people after looking at his skills tagged him as T20 specialist but he believed in himself that he could excel in other formats as well and after few years was rewarded with a Test call-up.
- Owing to his performances, he was bought up by IPL team Chennai Super Kings for a huge base price of approx. Rs.4.2 Crores in 2013.
- On 2nd January 2016, he made his Test debut against England and successfully made his impression as a quality batsman as well by scoring 69 runs in his first match.
- Not only a tight bowler but he is also an impressive batsman and in 2016, he singlehandedly won 4th ODI against touring England with his miraculous knock of 62 runs in 38 balls showing everyone his all-rounder cricketing skills.
- Chris has achieved highest scores in all the formats of the game including Indian Premier League. In IPL, he has played for many teams including Chennai Superkings, Delhi Daredevils, Rajasthan Royals, etc. and did justice to every team he has been part of.
- His first hat-trick in first class cricket was while playing for Highveld Lions in the Sunfoil Series against the Warriors. He took 4 wickets including a hat-trick.
- In 2020, he was bought up by Royal Challengers Bangalore in IPL under the captaincy of Virat Kohli along with players like Shivam Dube, Yuzvendra Chahal, etc.
- In his career so far, he has represented teams like South Africa, DD, RCB, Chennai Super Kings, Titans, North West, Lions, and few others.
Chris Morris Family
He was born in Pretoria, Transvaal Province, South Africa into a middle class Christian family. His father name is Willie Morris who was also an cricketer and played mostly in domestic cricket. There is not much information available about his siblings as he likes to keep his personal life away from the public domain. Though he shares close bond with his family and has made them proud by being one of the known cricketers of South Africa. Also, he used the money that he earned in IPL to pay off his parents mortgage and building a house for his beloved family.
Chris Morris Wife/ Girlfriend
He is married to his long time girlfriend Lisa Oosthuizen. After dating for few years, they got married in a lavish wedding ceremony accompanied by close family and friends. The couple is head over heels in love with each other and often shares amazing pictures on their respective Instagram account. On 24 January 2018, they became proud parents of a baby boy and shared this news on the social media.
Chris Morris Career
He made his first class cricket debut in 2009 with North West team in South Africa. Since then he has played for domestic, International, several T20 clubs including RCB, CSK, RR, Lions, South African A, Titans, etc. Over the years, he showed his effective bowling and impressive batting skills to the cricket lovers and has garnered a huge fan base. Right from making his debut at the age of 22 to becoming the leading wicket-taker in domestic cricket, Chris has achieved a lot in his career. Also, he initially rose to fame after he was picked up at huge price in IPL 2016 showing cricket pundits his capability.
Chris Morris International Debut
He has emerged as one of the best players of South African team with his all-rounder cricket capabilities. Following are the details when he made his International debut in different formats:
- ODI- On 10 June 2013 against Pakistan in Birmingham.
- T20I- On 21 December 2012 against New Zealand in Durban.
- Test- On 2 January 2016 against England in Cape Town.
Chris Morris Records
Here are few records achieved by him:
- Took his first hat-trick playing for Highveld Lions against team Warriors. He took 4 wickets in just 6 balls including a hat-trick.
- Became the highest wicket taker in 2015 T20 domestic tournament.
- Record of making 3rd highest half century in IPL 2009.
- In 2019 World Cup, he became the highest wicket-taker with 13 dismissals in 8 matches.
Chris Morris Shine to Glory
He eventually rose to fame with 2011/12 season T20 domestic competition by becoming the highest wicket taker. Later, he helped his team Lions to reach 2012 Champions League and performed well. A year after that, he was signed up by Chennai Super Kings in IPL for a whopping amount of money and with his performance, he took his team to get into the finals. In 2016, he played for DD in IPL and proved himself worth every penny spent on him with his extraordinarily amazing performance. Since then, he has achieved many records and grew higher in his career internationally.
Chris Morris IPL
He has been one of the successful players of IPL who has achieved highest scores many time playing for different teams. He has played for many teams including Rajasthan Royals, Delhi Daredevils, Chennai Super Kings but in 2018, he was ruled out of tournament in middle due to some injury. Again in 2019, he played for Delhi capitals but later was released by them and ended up playing for Royal Challengers Bangalore in 2020 Indian Premier League.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram